T.M.I query!

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Sparkle~Star, 9 August 2007 Social URL.

1. Sparkle~Star

Sparkle~Star Member

Diet:
    Lighterlife
    :eek: I keep reading about people who are constipated on LL, but I'm a tad concerned that things seem to be very much the other way :eek:

Is it just my body adjusting? Or is it not usually a problem on LL? :eek:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. SandraEG

SandraEG Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    It affects people in different ways. If you have a sensitivity to lactose that might make loo visits more frequent because LL packs have lactose.

personally I am always having constipation issues...

4. KerrieW

KerrieW Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I had that problem in the first few weeks and it settled down and now is more likely to be more what others experience (ie constipation - we do talk about poo a lot on minis! Couldn't discuss this with any of my friends without turning deep red!). So probably nothing to worry about, sounds like your body is adjusting!

5. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

On CD, I advise clients that if they are suffering from choccy waterfalls that if they split their packs in half. Some people find their bodies react strangely to the nutrients rich packs, and halving them or adding more water helps the body handle it all.

Worth a try mate ;)

6. LollyPop

LollyPop One Day at a Time

Start Weight:
    17st11.6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.6lb(7.85%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    hi Sarah

My LLC has told me too much of the water flavourings or too many bars can have this effect.

7. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

The LL waterflavourings contain inulin which can cause such symptoms.

8. Sparkle~Star

Sparkle~Star Member

Diet:
    Lighterlife
    Thanks to you all for your replies. Until last night I'd not tried the bars, so it's definately not those. I think it could be 'cos I only make them with 200ml of water (and some ice) - I'll try upping that to 250-300mls and seeing if it helps. Funnily enough I have noticed it's the chocolate one that causes the reaction - obviously the "fruit" ones contain no fruit! :whistle:

9. Sparkle~Star

Sparkle~Star Member

Diet:
    Lighterlife
    Oh and I haven't tried the water flavourings either - so not those :)

10. littleblue

littleblue Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I'm like you, but I've never been constipated in my life- if the side effects of anything are constipation you can bet your bottom (oops, sorry!) dollar I'll get the runs. Always been contrary! I suffered badly the first few weeks on LL then it settled down. Now I find that if I lapse (which unfortunately has been happening rather often recently) as soon as I get back on the wagon it kicks off again for a couple of days. My stomach also gurgles very loudly all the time!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.