take a 1 week break or not?

Nata

Hello eveyrbody! my dilema is this... i have been in CD SS for over 4 months now and have lost over 5 stone. My 2 year aniversary is comming up and we are going away for a week ... do i take a break for that week or so i continue on the diet until my goal is reached? i still have 3 or 4 stone more to loose. My Cd councellor said to go up 1 or 2 steps in the maintenence but i looked at what i can eat and it is almost not worth going off it! has anybody managed to take a break in the past and get straight into it again? help!

Happy anniversary!! I know where you're coming from with what you're thinking. Be warned though, I took a two week break out last November to go on holiday (it was a complete break though as we went to Florida and CD just wasn't on the agenda!!). Anyway, I hate to tell you this but I've spent the nearly a year since trying to get back on track - managing to put on 4 stone in the process!!! - and I've only just managed to get my head straight and get back on SS properly.

Some people seem to manage it okay, others don't. If you really want to eat then I'd agree with your concellor about going up a couple of steps, but only do it if you know you can control it!

Good luck with whatever you decided and have a great time. You've done fantastically well and really haven't got far to go now.

I took a break for a couple of weeks in August and today is the first day that I have managed to 100% SS since then. I have found it so difficult to get back into it, but I am utterly determined. I think it's fair to say that once you've had time off, you *may* not have the same dedication/committment that you had at the very start.
Good luck in what you choose xx

Hi
I took a planned holiday break in July and now wished i hadn't I'm on day 2 of my 5th re start and so wished i hadn't had a break.i would have been at goal by now instead i've been putting on weight.
Its up to you but from personal experience i wish i hadn't done it.

some people manage to get straight back on track, some don't. i find it really hard but i have got straight back onto ss in the past, although i was very grumpy, kicking and screaming. i would suggest going up the plans before you go away though, to help prevent weight gain, and then maybe moving back down them to ss again when you get back if you do decide to come off plan. it is incredibly hard to get back on though!!

abz xx

Hi hun, I am on lipotrim and have lost a similar amount to you with about 3 stone to go. Are you a first timer? The reason I ask is this is my third time on lipotrim so I know I won't be having a break until I reach my target as I don't believe I would be able to get back on track given previous experience. It doesn't mean you couldn't do it.

Where is the holiday as that can make a difference as to how feasible it is to SS in any case, in which case you will need to plan to eat. It might be best to prepare for both, take your packs but also plan what you will eat if you decide you want to.

Good luck and make sure you enjoy your special holiday whatever you decide to do x

Hi, If you want a break have a break you've earned one. there are ways to keep it easier to get straight back on track... you could stick to a no carb regime and low fat and as long as you are strict with yourself about it only being one week you could go straight back to it 100%.
The only reason you would not get back on the wagon is yourself and only you know how much you trust yourself I think that's what it boils down to at the end of the day good luck x

Hey hun and well done on the loss so far.
I took a 2 week break off cd in july snd am only getting back on it this week,i found it really hard to get back on track,enjoy your week away and good luck with whatever you decide hun,
elaine x

Hiya Nata

I took a break 3 weeks ago and went to Ireland for my brothers wedding and got back on it 100%.
If you really are determined you will get back on track without a bit of bother.

Good luck hun on whatever you decide.

O x

thank you so much for all the replies! we were planning to go out of the country but now have decided to stay in the uk but still go somewhere like the lake district or scotland. My husband loves to go out for meals together and that is something he wanted to do in this week too but i think having read all your suggestions and also having asked lots of other people i think 95% of responses have been to not do it. so i think i will stick to it since going up the steps will not be worth it. I have done it 100% for all this time, and i have only 3 months left on SS and just started to think ..in the end it is just food... and will not make me happier so it will be all shakes , bars and soups for me! ahh and the porridge! soo yummy :) thanks all so much :)

thank you so much for all the replies! we were planning to go out of the country but now have decided to stay in the uk but still go somewhere like the lake district or scotland. My husband loves to go out for meals together and that is something he wanted to do in this week too but i think having read all your suggestions and also having asked lots of other people i think 95% of responses have been to not do it. so i think i will stick to it since going up the steps will not be worth it. I have done it 100% for all this time, and i have only 3 months left on SS and just started to think ..in the end it is just food... and will not make me happier so it will be all shakes , bars and soups for me! ahh and the porridge! soo yummy :) thanks all so much :)

I can only speak of my experience but I took my shakes/bars with me to Greece for a week's holiday and had them, in addition to a sensible meal at night (sticking to the healthiest dish on the menu) and felt so much better for doing this instead of having a break.....it's only one holiday (compared to the bigger plan of being slim, sooner) and the potential for a set back (based on a lot of other people's experience) just didn't seem worth it.

Have a great holiday, whatever you decide to do.

Back