Takeaway

If it's a choice between curries, choose a vegetable one instead of a meat one, it will usually have less fat and fill you up more on less calories, plus it should be healthier. If it's swimming in oil, take your helping from the top of the container. If you're eating it with a type of bread, choose chapattis over naan bread if you can, and make sure you put the bread on kitchen paper/towel to take some of the oil out. If you're having rice, don't overdo it, and make sure you choose plain rice over some kind of pilau which could potentially have lots of oil. If you're scared of overeating, eat some veggies before you go. Steer clear from things like spring rolls (unless baked, which is unlikely), and samosas as these will be oil/fat laden.

Enjoy :)

Yeah, as above, just be careful about how its cooked!

I have either a chicken shashlik (dry tandoori chicken, with seperate sauce) and boiled rice, or a biryani which has the sauce seperate, and ask them not to use too much ghee. From the Chinese it's chow mein all the way - you'll find the chicken and prawn ones are naturally lower fat!!

Most of all, enjoy it, and if you do go a bit over, pull it straight back the next day!!

:)

And I go along with what has been said.
No need to not do things because of dieting it's just that you have to be a bit more determined to not overdo it and nosh everyhting in sight, very hard when others are doing just that.
I had a chicken korma and chips today and followed that by eating three chocolate marshmallow tecakes but overall had 1075 calories for the day. How's that?!!

The link posted above is for ProPoints, not Discover points values and as you posted it in the Discover section it may not be what you want. If you need Chinese and Indian points for the Discover plan, google UK Lady Luck - I can't post the link here.

Last edited:
Back