taking a break

keepontrying

hi new to this but wondered how you all managed if you took a break and then started LL again.

have just done 100 days and lost 2 and a half stone, but got despondant and kept cheating big time and have lots of food packs left......

going on holiday in two weeks and will try to use these up before I go so I can keep on wearing the smaller sizes I now fit into but did not want to pay for more food before I go or do it while away and therefore have more unused food and as I have been eating do not need to manage my return to food ....

- so I am on 'holding' and hope to return to my developer group when i get back but fear this will be too hard

Any ideas how to reignite the interest after a holiday?

Hi There,

It is so hard to get back on the wagon after lapsing or taking a break.
The only tip I can give you for motivation is to remind yourself why you started and what your goals where.

The only thing I have learned from this diet is that its all my choice.

I hope you get the groove back!! And enjoy your holiday.

I have just returned from a month long holiday back to California to visit family, and friends, and attended lots of parties and BBQ's, and I abstained and followed the diet 100% during that time....and I am SO glad I did.....and would suggest you not start messing about with breaks, and feeling you can manage returning to food on your own....I think you will be setting yourself up for frustration and dissappointment.

So many here have gone away on hols with the best intentions of returning to LL when they return. Not only has weight been gained, but getting back in to the "zone" for them has proved very difficult....so I would really look at why you are doing the diet in the first place, and if only ONE vacation (of many more to come) is so important to eat.....? You know what I mean?

Its a personal choice of course, but I think if we are going to do a diet of this nature - lets face it, its pretty hardcore and not for sissys! - if we are going to do it - why do it more then we need to or longer then we need to??

I wish you luck whatever you decide....but having come back from holiday, at least a stone lighter, i would never ever suggest anyone to come off the diet for a trip - the feeling I got returning with bags of new clothes and binning all my old ones - well, if I could bottle that, I would be a millionairess!!!!

Keep us posted how you get on. :)

x

Back