Taking Amitriptyline does this effect weight loss?

Well done for being so open: it's hard I know.

The more open you are about it the less isolated you feel and the less the depression has to feed on.

My mum died 4 years ago and I have barely spoken to her family since; I just pushed them all away despite their best efforts and love. I took a deep breath and wrote to the ones I was always closest too explaining that i was ill before xmas and have had a lovely response. I was very clear in the letter though that I could not promise regular contact or visits at this time because of my illness and they have been really supportive of that. I get random texts now just to say "thinking of you and sending you love" and there is no pressure on me to respond. It's helping me gradually feel less disconnected from myself :)

I'm on clitorphram it's a antidepressant. It hasn't made much difference on this diet but I do have worse PMT for some reason!

I'm on clitorphram it's a antidepressant. It hasn't made much difference on this diet but I do have worse PMT for some reason!

Oestrogen etc is fat soluble so as you lose/gain fat it can affect your cycle in all sorts of ways.

Goreygirl said:
Oestrogen etc is fat soluble so as you lose/gain fat it can affect your cycle in all sorts of ways.

It's awful, and period pains!

But my temper and depression is still same but my anxiety is bad ATM :(

patient.co.uk has some really good anxiety management strategy information - well worth a read Kimmie

im on ami 20g at night for tension headaches, ever since i started taking it i havent been dairy free anymore , but i feel like most days i want to eat rubbish, im so scared, do i come off it and be dairy free again or take it and try stay healthy

Hi debtdummy
Have you tried physiotherapy for your headaches? It's excellent for tension headaches which are essentially muscular in nature. If you are office based in work ask for an ergonomic assessment too and checkout migraine trust website for more excellent advice....

I work at a nursery looking after toddlers!!!

Well since I spoke last I have been put on clipophram because the amitrip was giving me low blood pressure. I have been feeling lots of energy but having really bad pains across my tummy. I am sure this will pass.

Sounds like you are staying in regular contact with your GP which is great. I know you are finding it difficult to go out etc so have you thought at all about finding an online depression support group? It could give you that extra little bit of support and be a stepping stone on the path to recovery?

Take care hon

yea he calls in quite often just to make sure I am alright. Then my counsellor comes in too every two days and she is helping me to go out through the doors again and into the open air. Subcontiously I pulled back the curtains today and it was only until my friend came in that she started crying and said your curtains are drawn today that I didn't realize what I did. I have been looking for depression websites after I spoke to you lovely people. Do you know of any good ones? Is there any support groups on here at all?

the reviews look great on this! I am going to purchase this thanks for the link and letting me know about it

Hi,
I am on Mirtazapine for depression and Carbamazepine for mood stabilisation. I was really worried this would affect my losses as I've heard so many stories about weight gain on Mirtazapine.
However you'll see from my signature I've still had good losses!!!

Wow you have done so well. I have decided to go onto exante now due to the price moreso than anything really. Thanks for all the advice guys!

i know, cd is expensive but is the middle ground between exante and ll.

p.s you should get good losses though.

ah thanks very much. Wishing you all the best on your weight loss journey. Thanks again

Back