Taking Control of Me :)

well not only did i get a cold but it went straight to my chest and triggered an asthma attack.....so I've spent the last few days doing nothing very much except trying to breath LOL

i wasn't eating as much but i also wasn't eating properly, plus taking more steroids i thought would have a huge negative effect.........so i wasn't looking forward to my weigh in this morning, but i can happily announce that i've lost 4lbs - woohoo.......can't get too excited and start dancing round the room, don't want to keel over :) but its a great start to the week......

Kayla's mum.....i used this page to figure out my BMR and then reduced my calorie intake accordingly, it was really helpful and i feel like a normal person following the calorie counting rather than being on a diet......if i want a taste of cake with a coffee, i can have it, as long as its within my daily allowance.......

that is what i love. i dont feel restricted. im really not a salad, veg, no fat person. i love steak,chips,baked potatoes with loads of marge etc. and on 1200 cals i can easily fit them in. i just weigh and count.

Weigh in today and I have to admit I was dreading it.........last week ended up being one of those busy weeks and I ate out 4 times - eek!!! i never normally go out, apart from a coffee with friends, but never for that amount of meals and while you can pick fairly good choices, you can never be too sure of how may calories are in them, plus i ended up twice having a desert, so I didn't get on the scales with much enthusiasm, but I STAYED THE SAME!!!!!!!

I can't quite believe it, but I am pleased all the same, I think its told me one thing.......I am capable of making good choices and counterbalancing when I have something, like a desert, which i don't normally eat........I may not have lost but i was able to keep within my normal calorie range to stay the same.......so I'm happy, by far a better result that I thought I was going to get :)

Right now this week I really must try harder and have a loss this week, think I'll do a food plan, so if I get busy, I don't have to wonder what to eat -0 it will all have been taken care of :)

Well done Big-girl, your head is in the right place.

For me keeping a food diary really helps, it makes me think about what I am eating and when and why.

Keep going. You can do this.

Back