Taking dulcolax (bisacodyl)

juls37

Hi
I was wondering if anyone knows if you can take dulcolax occasionally while on TFR. It's just to keep me regular & it would only be every 2-3 days. Or if there is anything else you could take could you let me know.

Thanks

Juls x

You can use it hun!!! I personally find it a bit harsh.... i use a couple of senna tablets every other night!!! Combined with lots of peppermint tea!!! Think you can have fybogel (But i'd double check that) But just the original.... no flavoured ones!!!

I swear by senna though.... don't get the growling tummy ache that i get with bisocodyl!!!

X

Deezer said:
You can use it hun!!! I personally find it a bit harsh.... i use a couple of senna tablets every other night!!! Combined with lots of peppermint tea!!! Think you can have fybogel (But i'd double check that) But just the original.... no flavoured ones!!!

I swear by senna though.... don't get the growling tummy ache that i get with bisocodyl!!!

X

Deezer, is it okay to use ducolax? I asked about it in a thread but have forgotten.
Because I don't want to come out of ketosis. Thank you xx

I would go for something more gentle- I tried Dulcolax and swear the agony I was in I had to go home from work it was just to rough for my stomach and it's effects lasted for days... :(

Mrs jk said:
I would go for something more gentle- I tried Dulcolax and swear the agony I was in I had to go home from work it was just to rough for my stomach and it's effects lasted for days... :(

I'm not sure if I should try it or not? Or should I just go for something completely different?! I hate being in pain lol, so they might not be worth taking x

The cramps I had were like IBS cramps and I could not risk being too far from a bathroom. I actually had to take painkillers which I kicked myself for as I'd done it to myself. Maybe others can take them without the pain and perhaps it was cause I was on LT but they were bad!! I would lean towards Senna now...

Mrs jk said:
The cramps I had were like IBS cramps and I could not risk being too far from a bathroom. I actually had to take painkillers which I kicked myself for as I'd done it to myself. Maybe others can take them without the pain and perhaps it was cause I was on LT but they were bad!! I would lean towards Senna now...

Thank you :D
That's horrible.
I think I'll give senna a go instead then, it doesn't take you out of ketosis either does it? x

The only ones my chemist said are allowed are the fybogel ...using them at present and not finding it too bad tbh x x x

I've lways used senna and its never affected my ketosis!!! Or my losses.... i use it every other night.... or if really having touble then a couple of nights in a row.... its MUCH less harsh than dulcolax!!! xxx

my 2 pence lol.... I use dulcolax and dulcoease when i feel i need to (dependent on the problem) but not very often maybe once a week at the most, it hasn't taken me out of ketosis and personally i don't have any of the reported problems above, but each to their own we are all different x

I was told it was ok to use senna and I have started taking them twice a week which seems to do the trick nicely (is that too much information?)!! I find it better for me if I don't let things build up too much ooops there I go again TMI !!!!

I was told it was ok to use senna and I have started taking them twice a week which seems to do the trick nicely (is that too much information?)!! I find it better for me if I don't let things build up too much ooops there I go again TMI !!!!
Lol... i use them every other night!! Also TMI :8855::8855::8855::8855:

Spoke to LT yesterday and they said I could use senna, dulcolax or fybogel. Have to say the fybogel natural one tastes bloody vile! So I'm now using dulcolax tablets which are doing the job nicely :D x x x

Back