taking resperidone

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by Georgiestar, 10 July 2009 Social URL.

1. Georgiestar

Georgiestar Silver Member

hi I've been trying to get to my goal for quite sometime now, in 2007 I went into hospital for 3 months for a nervous illness and because of grief, while I was in hospital I went onto a medication called risperidone I lost a stone in weight and I was happy with my weight, I wasnt too thin though and I remember eating really healtherly, anyway when I came out of hospital the weight creaped back on and a bit more but I wasnt eating as healtherly, I then moved into a shared house in 2008 and stuck with healthy eating and have managed to lose most of the exstra weight but it has taken me a long time and I have been yoyoing a bit, I'm strugeling to get to the goal weight I was in 2007, I realise that I might have lost weight because I was mentally ill but also I'm guessing that the medication hadnt gone into my system in 3 months? I'm now only 7 pounds away from goal, so I'm just wondering weather respiridone has something to do with my weight I am on a lower dose now but still it does say the side effects is weight gain, anyway just wondered weather theres any point in trying to lose the last 7 pounds while I'm on the medication?, i dont really want to speak to my dr about it because I'm not overweight I just want to feel a bit happier.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.