Taking the plunge!

lumpyandbumpy

Silver Member
After weeks of deliberating whether to move to JUDDD from Cambridge, ive decided i'm finally making the switch ths Thursday. my weigh-in for CD is on a wednesday so im pushing through with my last bout of Sole Source to drop a couple more lbs by weds then going straight into an UP day on Thursday. my plan for this week is to have Thurs, Sat, Mon UP days, then Friday, Sunday, Tuesday down as i'll still go to my CDC for shakes for the down days for another month or so to get me in the swing of things and still have a record of my weight taken. for my down days im sticking to my 3 shakes a day which roughly totals 420 cals and on the ups, the website calculated my up cals to be 1904 so as it stands i've devised a basic plan for the UP days which looks like this:

Breakfast
Weetabix with skimmed milk and sweetener
Banana
2 pieces of wholemeal toast

Lunch
Tuna mayo/ham and cheese sandwich
Crisps
Apple
Shape delight/choc mousse

Dinner
either ready meal with steamed veg or chicken kiev/battered cod fillet with creamy mash and veg
chocolate bar/cheesecake for dessert

this plan roughly totals in between 1800-1900 cals depending on which options i have for lunch and dinner, i.e. ham and cheese has more cals than the tuna mayo and the ready meals are all different depending on whether i have low fat or yummy full fat!

i'm trying to get a balance between being healthy and allowing myself some naughty treats so the plan looks good to me for now as it seems very filling and is well balanced. all pastas and bread will be wholemeal from now on to increase fibre and keep me healthy, something i never would have factored in before but now im looking forward to eating well! on my up days i also plan to do 30 days shred and tone with my kettlebell and when im fit enough again, i'll be starting back at fitness classes at my gym to keep fit.

i'm literally bursting to start JUDDD, the only thing im nervous about is gaining initially but i've got to view this diet as a way of life now so the transition has to start sooner or later, bring on the food!!!

I have moved over from SnS and tomorrow is my first WI day, so far it looks like I will have lost weight, so dont worry too much about a gain, it may not happen.

thanks both! im preparing myself for a gain but saying that when i went on my holidays this year i put on 7lbs and i really stuffed my face every day with lots of naughty food, so if i do gain, it shouldnt be as bad as the holiday weight! im hoping that if i do gain then it'll only be around 3lbs but i'll just have to wait and see. cant manage on these shakes for much longer!

went food shopping last night, amazing to finally get to that stage! am still on cambridge until thurs so it was a bit hard to put the chocolate and crisps away in the cupboard but come thursday it'll be worth it! i had a sneaky weigh this morning and the scales said 8st 13lbs! obviously i wont be that at my official weigh-in as i weigh in the night so water retention, shakes etc all make me heavier but at least i'll know roughly what my starting JUDDD weight is. was also pleasantly surprised with the amount of the food shop, i didnt go mad, i literally bought everything i needed for my diet plan on the UP days for the first week to reign myself in and it came to roughly £15, thats including staple things that'll last a few weeks like weetabix, butter, cheese etc so realy i should be spending in between £10-£15 every week give or take a few extras when they need replacing.

bring on thursday, cant wait for my weetabix and toast for brekkie!!

Hey well done for making the break, your menu looks yummy and healthy so you should do just fine, don't forget that this is a guilt free zone so if you have a takeaway on the weekend or overdo the niceys then thats fine, I have 2 ups every weekend complete with takeaway Gu puds etc etc, I try and be healthy during the week but I don't restrict myself with any food type that way I am far less likely to binge because simply I don't need to. I am tracking my UP s for the first time this week as its the School hols , no school run therefore no exercise , although my losses are not going to blow anyone away I am actually in a smaller size than I was this time last year when I was 11 7 after losing weight on a vlcd, how is that possible, I have no clue but its true, another member posted this morning that her weight los has been slow these last couple of weeks but she felt slimmer, so she tried on a pair of jeans she couldn't get on a few weks ago, now she is wearing them albeit a little snug, thats how Juddd affects you so please don't be disheartened if you don't see the losses you would like, although I am sure you will, the effect Juddd has on your body is shown in more ways than on the scale , good luck xx

thanks! i cant wait to start now, i kept umming and arring over when to start, initially i wanted to get to 8st 10lbs before i switched but i literally cant take it any more on CD and have to start eating again, plus the fact that my BMI is 23 now, i shouldnt actually be restricting myself so much. im seeing my CDC tomorrow and im going to tell her that im JUDDDing and will she still let me weigh for the next month or so just to get in the swing of things. i'll still be on the shakes for the DDs anyway so hoping she'll let me weigh with her once a fortnight until October time to start me off!

If you can do a vlcd for 5 mths you can achieve anything, I really take my hat off to you. However real life doesn't consist of drinking shakes so juddd is an excellent choice to get you back into the real world of food whilst enforcing some restriction (DD) yet enabling you to be normal (UP) I really hope you lose your last few pounds on Judd and its a wonderful way of maintaining that loss once you achieve your goal x

I had my first WI today a week after starting JUDDD and I have lost 2 lb and I moved over from a TFR... was really surprised I didn't put on weight but lost it.... very pleased. I'm sure you will be fine.

I had my first WI today a week after starting JUDDD and I have lost 2 lb and I moved over from a TFR... was really surprised I didn't put on weight but lost it.... very pleased. I'm sure you will be fine.

oo excellent thats great! i was going to check on your diary actually to see what your result was so well done on that! im seeing my consultant tmrw to get more shakes for my down days but im going to book in to see her in 2 weeks time rather than next week to give JUDDD more time to work, if i gain the first week i'll get disheartened so if i give it a fortnight, hopefully my weight will stabilise by then!

Well done Green eyes, sts after crossing over is an achievement but losing 2lbs is fantastic, well done you x
There is a weigh in sticky, if you get a chance pop your loss on there so newbies can get an idea of what to expect :)
Have you joined the august challenge and the all I want for christmas challenge yet ?

bajoleth, what sort of exercise do you do on you Up days? i used to be very active before i started my vlcd, i did a mixture of zumba, legs bums tums and kettlebells classes around 4 times a week then i would add in 30 day shred when i was feeling fit! is this along the lines of what you do? i loved going to classes but i think i'll have to build up my fitness before committing to starting back by doing the 30 days shred in the house first as i'll prob need an oxygen mask after a zumba workout now!

only one day until i start JUDDDing although you could say its a down day for me today as i'm finishing CD today then starting on an Up day tomorrow. looking forward to my weetabix in the morning then having lunch out in work! will also have cheesecake tmrw night too!!!

i love the cheesecake slices from sainsburys, 2 in a pack, they have choc and vanilla, raspberry and choc and honeycomb (my fave) so might pick that up tonight after my weigh in for tomorrow! :)

bajoleth, what sort of exercise do you do on you Up days? i used to be very active before i started my vlcd, i did a mixture of zumba, legs bums tums and kettlebells classes around 4 times a week then i would add in 30 day shred when i was feeling fit! is this along the lines of what you do? i loved going to classes but i think i'll have to build up my fitness before committing to starting back by doing the 30 days shred in the house first as i'll prob need an oxygen mask after a zumba workout now!
I don't do any formal exercise as I have loose joint problem, I do the school run which involves a steep uphill climb but thats it, I am trying to limit my UP days a bit because its the hols so no school run and its been raining for tha last fortnight so no walks out with the kids either. But you can do whatever exercise you like on your UP days, I am thinking of going gentle swimming when the kids go bvack to school??

oh wow, your results are fab even with no full on exercise plan. i intend to go back into it slowly with the 30 day shred 3 times a week and some kettlebell swinging and then build up to attending classes again at some point before christmas. although i was heavier when i exercised, i always felt toned and the fact i was heavier was due to my diet, i could never master the whole healthy eating AND exercise thing lol so Juddd will hopefully conquer all for me!

Well lumpy this is it..... First day of eating!!
Im excited yet so scared at the same time!! Got my final cd weigh in at 9, then il be home for a yummy breakfast and not a vile choc mint shake!!!! Wooohoooooo :D

Good luck at your weigh in and enjoy your breakfast hun, just keep telling yourself your not cheating, eating is part of the plan xx

Back