Talking of Food Ads....

molly68

Talking of all the adverts for food, have you noticed how many cookery programmes there are aswell. Everywhere you turn now its food all the time! (although I admit I do enjoy watching them)

In my opinion food addiction is far worse to conquer than drugs or booze because its everywhere plus its in the cupboards at home and we have to go food shopping and cook for the family!

Rant over :)

Molly i agree .... food is everywhere that's what got me in this mess :):) ... now i see this as my punishment and i am getting the chance to try again this time i won't screw it up !!

xx

Hi , I totally agree- I don't think I've conciously noticed before until the other night and all bar 1 ad on tv was food! - No wonder we have bad food habits , Fancying food instead of just refuelling our bodies cause they make it sound so tantalising lol. :pcwhack:

Just be grateful Professional Masterchef has finished now - that was in full swing when I started LT. It was daily torture - I know I shouldnt of, but I couldnt help it, so part of my daily torture routine (cleansing the soul! Lol) I watched it. Murder.

I love cookery shows but I didn't watch any during my first week of LT - I was worried I'd be too tempted.

I can watch them now and seem to be quite detached from the food!

Listen I was on LT about 6 weeks and one day driving along (stuck in traffic) I was stopped at a huge billboard for a Big Mac......I swear I could actually smell it!!!!!

I also took to buying cookery books and planning all the healthy meals I was going to learn to cook....but loved looking at all the pictures!

Wow i hear ya.
This is only my 3rd day of LT and last night i went to bed thinking of food. The food cravings were bad and i could taste the food. I even got cravings for food i don't eat!
Pls tell me it gets easier

Wow i hear ya.
This is only my 3rd day of LT and last night i went to bed thinking of food. The food cravings were bad and i could taste the food. I even got cravings for food i don't eat!
Pls tell me it gets easier

In all honesty it does get easier.
You just have to get through the first week or even 2 weeks & you'll be fine.

I found a recipe for a lemon cake & my husband loves it. Now i get my relatives, people at school asking me to make some for them.
The thing is......... i have no idea how lovely it is as i haven't tried it yet.

I make mince pies, cakes, biscuits etc & don't eat any of it. I've come too far to eat any of them.

I agree also about food addiction. People don't realise how hard it is. Everywhere you go you either see it or smell it.
I tried explaining this to my size 8 sister but she didn't understand.

Wow making food for others and not tasting. I don't think i could do that yet. But hopefully it will get easier and not bother me

I didn't cook much for the first week but after that i was making loads.

Those 2st you need to lose will be gone before you know it :D

I do think I'd still be a heavy smoker if I'd had to just smoke 4 'lights' a day, rather that totally give them up - giving up overeating is a much harder thing to succeed at, as you will always still have to eat something!
I think that's why CD and LL etc are so good, they give you amazing losses, plus a little distance from the addiction for a while! :)

Yes i'm just holding out for this first week. I know its the biggest hurdle. Then Dec with my bday & Christmas, i think i will refeed in that month

I didn't cook much for the first week but after that i was making loads.

Those 2st you need to lose will be gone before you know it :D

Other addictions you can live without - cigs, alcohol, drugs - but we need food to live and so food addiction is so much harder to overcome. I defo think LT has helped me!

I am loving the cooking programs - especially Nigella express! I have also bought loads of cookbooks and am baking more for the family. My son's only regret is that I am unable to taste his cooking from school and has told me he plans to cook it again when I am able to test him coz he wants my opinions! Ahh, bless him!

If you feel tempted try watching Diet Docs or You are what you eat they will get you back on the straight and narrow!!!!!!!

x

Talkin of ads, has anyone seen the new warburtons one? Where it ends with the guy lifting the lid in the hotel room and there is slices of toast drippin with butter. I almost licked the screen and i don't do white bread

Sorry
These adverts are a killer :drool:

That must have been torture
I love BK chips, although i havent had it for yonks

the worst part was the pics up of all the different meals. I stared at them for the entire duration. my head was like "I have exactly enough money in my wallet to get a really nice, terribly wrong, meal. my friends are drunk, they'll never notice....chips....burger....should i? no...maybe....no....NO!"
I'm sure I must have looked very odd cos I was getting some weird looks lol :D

Back