Talking of mashed potato..

shannonbitzy

Hi Ladies
reading the post below about broken masher, just wondered what everyone has with their mashed potato? And what they add to it(if anything) when making it, as when i make mine it always tastes a bit lumpy and a bit tasteless without butter
Thanks in advance for any tips
xx

On the rare occasions I do 'real' mash I find it's lovely with a few sprays of buttery frylight,and a good dollop of fromage frais. If you've got a few syns to use, I think you can't beat low fat creme fraiche through it too. Yum!

I also add, depending on mood, schwartz 3 mustard mix, any mixed herbs, and sometimes even an egg.

I've just had mashed carrot, swede and sweet potato with 3 laughing cow lights in it - yum! If I'm doing a red day I leave out the sweet potato. Turnip makes vegetable mash creamier and that's superfree.
I find that the laughing cow works well with making normal mash smoother too.

I have used a ricer for making mash and you really dont have to add much to it - i find its ok with just a bit of salt and pepper

I have a new masher now!! Yey!
I use a splash of milk and a few tsp of low fat spread. Sometimes i add cheese or garlic salt.
I have it with gammon and beans, fishfingers, mince and gravy, mmmmmm i'm hungry now lol :D

mmmm sounds yummy

I mix a dollop of Eat Honestly (thats the make beleive it or not) smooth cottage cheese with garlic and herb in my mash, makes it creamy and add a bit of flavour and its free on all plans, get mine from Tescos and they do a natural one too its good for people who don't like lumpy food. xxx

I make mine with milk from my HE and a tablespoon of low fat marg...It's worth a syn:D

I usually have it with quorn sausages or burgers and peas

Back