• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Talking of mashed potato..

mojomcl

Silver Member
On the rare occasions I do 'real' mash I find it's lovely with a few sprays of buttery frylight,and a good dollop of fromage frais. If you've got a few syns to use, I think you can't beat low fat creme fraiche through it too. Yum!

I also add, depending on mood, schwartz 3 mustard mix, any mixed herbs, and sometimes even an egg.

LittleBottle

Where's Skinny Minnie?
I've just had mashed carrot, swede and sweet potato with 3 laughing cow lights in it - yum! If I'm doing a red day I leave out the sweet potato. Turnip makes vegetable mash creamier and that's superfree.
I find that the laughing cow works well with making normal mash smoother too.

I have a new masher now!! Yey!
I use a splash of milk and a few tsp of low fat spread. Sometimes i add cheese or garlic salt.
I have it with gammon and beans, fishfingers, mince and gravy, mmmmmm i'm hungry now lol :D

mmmm sounds yummy

Madferret

Mad as a Hatter
I was just about to come on here and extol the virtues of Laughing Cow in mash and someone has beaten me to it... OMG :eek: it is gorgeous.. just about to have some with roast duck breast, broccoli, cauliflower and bok choi... I am salivating !!!

LittleBottle

Where's Skinny Minnie?
Ooh can I come to yours for tea? That sounds amazing :drool:

LittleBottle

Where's Skinny Minnie?
These are the posts people should be reading when they're not sure whether to join. Gotta love SW for guilt free quality food.

loobylou

Reached Target. woohoo
I mix a dollop of Eat Honestly (thats the make beleive it or not) smooth cottage cheese with garlic and herb in my mash, makes it creamy and add a bit of flavour and its free on all plans, get mine from Tescos and they do a natural one too its good for people who don't like lumpy food. xxx

Sophs

SW Angels founder member
I make mine with milk from my HE and a tablespoon of low fat marg...It's worth a syn:D

I usually have it with quorn sausages or burgers and peas