Tanya-inprogress's Diary - Here goes!

Tanya-inprogress

Day one

Hi there and thanks for taking a peek:)

My name is Tanya, happily married and mum of 2 teenage boys and a 4 year old girl. I've tried most diets over the years,WW,SW,RC etc. but never a TFR:eek:

So I visited my friendly pharmacist yesterday in preparation to start today.
Today is of course, the royal wedding:character00250: and I am hoping that if I focus on that it will carry me through today.
I woke up earlier than usual about 6am maybe it was the heavy rain or maybe the excitement of the first day of the rest of my life as a slim person:)
I just mixed my first shake,vanilla as it doesn't seem the most popular and as my pharmacist has told me I can swap the ones I don't like I thought I would try this first.
As I don't have a shaker yet I put it in a bottle to shake then into a glass - not bad - initial reaction was that it was saltier and not as sickly as expected, then I mixed some in my coffee and mmm! Very palatable almost latte like! There was some small lumps but nothing I couldn't handle.
So far so good,but then this is the easy part of the day for me as I never eat in the am any way. Its the evening that will be difficult, I know that, as I am a big evening snacker,lots of carbs and usually a glass or two of wine:eek: I intend to go to bed early but we'll see.
Thanks for reading will update later today x

Day one continued....

Glued to the TV all morning the time flew by and it was soon lunchtime,made lunch for the hungry hoardes and wasn't really feeling tempted, but before I realised it my tastebuds made contact with a buttery taste and I realised my finger was in my mouth:eek: Quickly washed my mouth out in panic!
I decided to have the chicken soup for my lunch,I have gauged that it is not the most popular of the flavours so braced myself......... liked it! Actually quite enjoyed it, so much so that I was scraping the bowl lol !
Shortly after lunch though, I started to feel a bit unwell,my head started pounding, I felt dizzy and my pulse seemed to have quickened.
I remembered what my pharmacist had said and decided to lie down,rest and concentrate on sipping my water I also took a couple of paracetemol for my headache. After about an hour it more or less passed and I felt well enough to do some diy painting.
Soon enough dinnertime came around almost popped a chip in but realised in time so felt quite strong :)
Soon the evening came,the time I had been dreading because my habit:eek: up to now has been to either snack on carbs and a couple of glasses of wine before bed or occasionaly raid the childrens chocolate, and they still have plenty left over from Easter!
Luckily my Mum came to my rescue by phoning me and staying on the phone for 2hours chatting, before I knew it, it was 11pm and I hadn't had my 3rd shake. I decided that chocolate would be a good choice ....... warm .... sounded like a good choice before bed.
YUCK! Didn't think much of that at all but dutifully drained the cup and snuggled down with a rumble in my tummy expecting a long sleepless night:sigh:

Hi Tanya! Well done on getting thro first day. I am only one day ahead of you so would love to buddy up if you would like? Need all the motivation I can get!

xx

Love to Emmievic x:)
How are you getting on?

Day 2

I got through day 1!:D
I can't believe I did it! It did take a little longer than usual to get to sleep due to a hungry tummy but I woke up this morning bright eyed and bushey tailed!
Tried the strawberry for breccie and it was palatable, but my two faves are vanilla and chicken soup so I popped down to the pharmacy and swapped some.
I've filled a 2litre bottle with filtered water from my fridge today so that I can keep count more easily as I've put yesterdays funny turn down to dehydration.
I was really quite shocked at how many visits to the loo I had yesterday, 32! Seems to have slowed down today though.

Back later X

You are going fab girl! Yesterday was ok have a feeling today will be a little more challenging....

Glad its going well for you:)
Why do you think today will be more challenging?Just try to imagine how pleased with yourself you will feel tommorrow with another day down x

Oh I agree completely - I will get thro today (nearly there) and be proud of myself.

I had a bit of a shakey (hahaha) start this morning. Got to 12o clock and had only drunk 2 coffees and a litre of water - no shakes. Been a right old grump too. Never mind tomorrow is a new day!

Tayna-inprogress - good luck
It gets easier and you are right the trips to the loo will lessen. In the evening when I serve up dinner to my hubby and child, I go for a bath and let hubby wash up, after all I cook and I'm not eating - he doesn't mind. ( he is actually amazed that I can resist eating what I have made). Pamper yourself in the evening paint nails or something facial - scrub etc

weigh in 13stone 2lbs

week 1 -10lbs
week 2 -5lbs
week 3 -4lbs
week 4 -7lbs weighed in on wed instead of Mon - bank hol
week 5 reach 2 stone loss
week 6

Well done emmievic,one day at a time eh?:)
Dudley - your husband sounds lovely,mine is supportive too so far,he doesn't wash up though,but luckily I have two teenagers and a dishwasher;)
I will take your advice on the nightly pampering too,maybe I can lose weight and wrinkles at the same time??? A girl can dream:sigh2:

Day 2 continued...............

Tried to keep busy most of the morning which being Saturday in our house was not difficult. While my daughter is in gymnastics I usually have a tea or latte with a few mums but had a sparkling water instead.
Lunchtime I went for the chicken soup again - still liked it just not enough of it :8855:
The afternoon was filled with more diy including gloss painting of which I was overcome by the fumes and had to lay down for a while but soon recovered with some water and peppermint tea.
The weeing definitely slowed down even though I drank more today .
The only thing that seems to bother me when other people are eating is the sound,seeing them eat and even the smell I can resist at the moment - but the sound of crunching c***ps was stressful:sigh:

I decided to give the chocolate another go for dinner,as I decided it might just have been my expectations not being fullfilled yesterday.I had it warm again,it front of the TV and this time added a sweetener - MUCH better,I can live with that:)

Later on I took the dog for a longer walk than usual mainly so I wasn't temped to join my hubby in a glass of wine:7834:
I then slinked off for a long bath and TV in bed.x

Last edited:
Day 3

Woke up feeling fab!!!!
I think I am surprising myself that I can actually get through each day, especially the evenings:D

Warm vanilla with coffee first thing,filled up my water bottle and then to church.
I had been debating whether or not to take communion in case it affected ketosis but as it doesn't seem to have with other TFRers I did:D
Came back and cooked the traditional for the family which was a little difficult without doing my usual tasting so I enlisted one of my children as chief taster:)
Just sat down now with my chicken soup so will continue later...................
Thanks for reading x

You seem to be doing great Tanya! I have just had a coffee with 2 spoons on vanilla in - using it as a whitener...is ok! Do you use the whole shake and warm it or boil the water first? Trying to find the least lumpy way!!

Keep up the good work xx

Hi Emmievic - thanks for the enouragement,today I made the coffee then added the whole of the vanilla and kept mixing with my mini whisk,it started off a bit lumpy but as it cooled I whisked another couple of times and they disappeared:)

Day 3 continued.............

I'm finishing this on day 4 so please excuse me - Chicken soup for lunch was lovely again,I like it so much more than all the other flavours I have debated whether to just have 3 chicken a day,but then my sensible head tells me that its better to keep some variation so I don't get quite so bored.
I had grocery shopped online a couple of days ago a) to avoid the obvious and b)as I honestly didn't know if I would be physically up to it (family of 5,2 of them teenage boys = huge trolley full)
This arrived a little after lunch - the delivery man said something smelled nice and what were we having for lunch? I hadn't noticed the smell I think my subconsious is blocking it a little as a kind of self preservation:)

Usual mundane weekend tasks kept me busy and didn't keep quite as on top of my water as I should.
Before I knew it it was time for bath and bed for the little one so tucked myself in for an early night too - with a warm chocolate:D

Day 4

I am settling into a routine I think. Vanilla with coffee (or latte as I like to call it;))mid morning,Chicken soup mid afternoon and choc mid evening.This seems 'right somehow.
I have been finding it more difficult to drink water today I'm not sure why as I managed it OK the first couple of days and would of thought that that would have become easier ???
I had an idea today to make up tea or peppermint tea and fizz it up in the soda stream Im sure someone else must have tried this before.I will have a go tommorrow and let you know what I think.
Today has been a bit hectic and I'm whacked so I'm off for a lovely bubble bath before bed.
4 days 100% TFR I can't believe it :D

Day 5

Hmmm not quite so happy today :sigh: - I don't know why. I thought that I would feel excited today as I only have to get tommorrow done before my weigh in but I am not.
I've done the usual vanilla/coffee about 10.30,chicken soup for late lunch, kept up my water intake - nearly finished my two litres already,and intend to have my warm choc later.
I really don't want to write anymore just now as I am feeling like I could just give up:cry:

Tanyaaaaaa! Don't you dare talk of giving up! We are doing fabbo. If you read my diary entry from yesterday I was the grumpiest grump in the whole of grumpville! It will get better I promise xxxxx

Tanya, don’t give up now, yes this is a hard diet. Correction, it’s a very hard diet, but it works! Things might appear hard now, but they will be worth it when you weigh in. The first few days are so hard, but it does get better.

Back