Tara's Diary, trying to avoid diabetes

thanks. LO is a bit better, not coughing as much and havent had to use the nebulizer (sp) for a couple of days. DH is now unwell, coughing and spluttering everywhere. i dont feel too great but i am soldering on at work.

but no, i do not feel like quitting. i am determined to get there somehow. going to study my new folder from ww tonight.

sorry to hear you put on - if you are writing down again im sure it will come off quickly - you would be amazed what you forget when you dont write it down.. i woke up this morning and remembered a babybel light of all things that i hadnt written down a few days back :p

good luck for this coming week.. hope you dont come down with what your fam has - if you have any, dose yourself up on vit. c xxx

thanks, feeling pretty crappy today, sore throat, runny nose etc. At work so struggling through. When i added yesterdays points I had gone over by 2pts, so can you imagine how much i had gone over before. i think i can sense where the 3lbs came from. feeling a bit better when i realised that it was my fault about the weight gain rather than the eating plan not working for me.:eek::eek:

x

Tara,
I am sorry to hear about your 3lb on,dont worry about it too much,this will be off by next week hun so keep going :)

Sorry you had a bad result this week.

Not writing things down could easily be the cause of it. I got a bit complacent a while back and didnt have my notebook and thought I can do this without it.... wrong, all it takes is a few forgotten things and before you know it youre well over your points.

Im SO glad its not put you off, youll have that off in no time :)

all i seem to post on here is doom and gloom.

i was back on track then dear hubby goes and injures his finger resulting in hospital stay, so my eating plan goes right out the window. i know if i was more motivated then i would have still stuck to it.

but anyway, 2 weeks down the line and i am back on track and tracking everything. i need to keep reminding myself why i am doing this. i cant keep on the way i am going. why does it seem so much harder for some to stick to a plan. :(

Well at least you are back. So that's a good thing.

Maybe you need to think about why you want to do this. Is it because you want to or because you think you "should"?

With "should's" we are never as motivated as we are with "wants". There is always an underlying thought that someone else is making you do it - and it might not be a specific person but is it you thats making you want to do it - for you and no-one else.

I should lose weight vs. I want to lose weight

OK, lecture over....good luck with getting back on track. xx

i 'should' loose weight because my nan had and my mum has weight related diabetes. i have given myself to my 40th to try and inspire myself.

i 'want' to loose weight as i am tired of being overweight and weighing more than my husband. I have 3 black bags of lovely clothes that my husband has bought me as i insisted in him buying me size 14.

I know that i have said this before but i am going to keep on track this time. i am giving it a last ditch attempt. I love the ww eating plan, i find it easy to cope with, easy to blend into everyday life. I know my problem is tracking. I keep my folder with me at all times. I know that i need to spread my points out more evenly throughout the day.

eaten today so far
Porridge with Skimmed milk - 2pts
a large apple. - 1pt

have made a veg soup with a small amount of potato and parsnip = 1.5pts
with 25g of split red lentils = 1.5pts
low fat natural yog = 1.5

Steak pie = 9pts
rice = 3pts
veg = 0
Sweet corn = 1pt
and a biscuit = 2.5

have used 23 pts so am 1 over. not bad for a start

Last edited:
i think so yeah, it doesnt matter when you have your points, as long as you dont go over them. Try mixing up your days sometimes though - they say your body gets used to eating a heavier meal later on in the day, so if you can try having a larger lunch and smaller dinner sometimes and see if that helps? xx

i might try having a more pointy breakfast or lunch on a weekend. i find that if i have too much to eat at lunch when i am at work then i get ever so sleepy. not good whilst working in a secondary school.

today i have gotten up early and did my Davina Work out. already feeling the effects.

i have eaten
porridge and skimmed milk = 2.5pts

two small apples = 1pt

2nd day of going it alone. stupidily i stepped on the scales and it showed a 2lb gain even though i have been keeping to my 22 pts. I am despondent but will keep plugging on.

put your scales away until WI day Tara.. itll do nowt but kill your motivation!

hows the davina dvd?

It is excellent. I really like it. I have got all her dvd's apart from the maternity one. the only one that i dont really like was her second one. I do recommend her new dvd though.

I think that i will get my hubby to hide my scales until weigh in day (wednesday morning).

Back