Target Question(s)

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Maximus, 5 February 2011 Social URL.

1. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - The one that works!
    I understand as I get nearer to target (hurrah!) that target members do not have to pay to group - that is incentive enough to reach traget from a purely financial point of view.

What about if you slip below target, then re-adjust or re-calculate target? - does it remain free while you do this?

I understood that you have to remain within a few pound of target or be penalised. Is this correct?

Does anyone know the ruling?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. suplizi

suplizi I see the light!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(35.21%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World/maintaining
    Heya

I got to target before xmas, and put on over xmas - more than the 3lb that sw allow (5lb) the week after xmas when I weighed in with the 5lb gain, I didn't pay you get a weeks grace to get the gain off, to get within the 3lb either side of your target. I didn't get the 2lb off the following week so had to pay that week.

Have I confused you, cause am not sure my post makes sense!!

Helen xxx

4. ColJack

ColJack Gold Member

Start Weight:
    33st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st9lb
    Lost(%):
    13st8.5lb(40.75%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    you can re-set your target when you want to, but it must be at least 7lbs different than your last target..

5. PurpleSky

PurpleSky banana phone

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(26.02%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Thing is depending on where your target is set you can readjust so once you at the weight you are happy with then the free meetings is quite the incentive. I think its 3lbs either way up for down.

6. PurpleSky

PurpleSky banana phone

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(26.02%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Also a target mustn't fall below safe limits for height either.

7. *Emsie*

*Emsie* Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World from home
    You can go 3lbs under or over and if you go out of that range you have a weeks grace to get back into otherwise you have to pay until you are back in it as I understand it

8. MadameLaMinx

MadameLaMinx Gold Member

I have lowered my target after initially calling it. Fortunately for me the first week I went 2.5 under my old target, then a 3.5 the following week, and as my new target was 8lb below my old one, I was then in range of my new target, reset then, and didn't have to pay.

However, if you go out of range and do not reset in time to your new target - you would have to pay then. Your new target must be at least 7lb below your old, this is to stop people just resetting by a small amount whenever they feel like it just to keep it free.

There are special circumstances where you can reset by less, but I think you have to be under a certain BMI (poss 23?) in order to do so, and I think you have to reduce by a minimum of 3lb in those circumstances.

9. Little strawberry

Little strawberry Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st3lb(32.96%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Your new target doesn't need to be 7lbs less if you are within a healthy bmi. You need to discuss with your consultant what would be a sensible loss instead.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

10. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - The one that works!
    Lol - it actually made sense - so if I have understood it, then I may have read it wrong lol. Basically, I'd be allowed 3lb safety barrier.

So my target is currently 11st 5lb - it would then need to be 10st 12lb (assuming I wanted to continue losing from my belly area)?
    I'd check with her anyway - just to make sure I was still being realistic/sensible etc.

All good info - thanks all

Steve

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.