Total Solution Target Reading Festival - here we go

Day 19
The ear infection has gone, thank goodness, and I am beginning to feel better. The only side effect that is getting me down a bit is in the toilet department. I don't want to expand and put everyone off their shakes, but I simply cannot stop going to the loo, and I don't mean to just expel fluid. My tummy has a constant gurgle and it seems every visit results in a full explosion. Sorry about the detail. I dont remember having the runs to this extent on LL, maybe I did and just got used to it. I did think maybe it was certain packs but tbh I have changed things round a bit each day and cant make any link???

Anyway enough of all that, I am sure none of you are interested in my toilet habits.

I have just returned from a 30 min brisk walk, I was beginning to ache a bit by the time I got home, but I certainly felt good for it. It was raining this morning and i did think twice about going out, but then I thought Oh well, its not the end of the world if I got a bit wet! I am only walking around various streets where i live, and while I am only a few steps into the lovely West Sussex countryside I am not ready for a 5 mile hike just yet!

I also did a swap on the facebook page and sent off 5 strawberry for a trade with vanilla this morning. I was pretty pleased with this as I didnt want to get into complications of exchanging money. I just hope it all works out fine once I get the packs. I am sure it will. 5 packs in a jiffy 2nd class was £2.60 so that wasnt too bad, and worth it rather than just wasting the packs. I still have 5 mushroom to shift as I really dont like those, but I can manage them if I absolutely have to.

So today I am having another attempt at my OU essay, I just aint feeling this one.... but I quite simply need to get on with it.

Hope you all have a lovely day
Sarah

Well done hun for ur weight loss.

Day 20
Woke up this morning feeling even better, very motivated and alive! I went out for my 30min walk and again it was really nice. I put some music on this morning as I walked, as it not only makes me feel good, it also motivates me. I dont want to be huffing and puffing my way round the festival this year. You spend a lot of time on your feet at Reading and last year my feet were killing me with carrying all the weight, also if the weather is bad then its wellies and these are not that comfortable and even worse when you have fat calves. Also sleeping in a tent when your on the heavy side is a nightmare. This year we are going to get a thing called a podpad, which is a little wooden house. The beds inside though are made of soft wood and I have these terrible visions of them breaking under my weight. So this is another motivation factor.

The weather is pretty grey today but at least its warning up at last. It will soon be time to get out into the garden and get things tidy out there.

Hope you are all having successful days
Sarah x

I live just down the road from Reading :) Though have never been to Reading festival! Crazy huh!

I haven't been a fan of festivals because of my weight but this year I am determined to go to one! I love the sound of the podpads!! Sounds great!

I love walking :D
I'm glad you are feeling better too Sarah :D
Nowt worse than feeling rubbish when doing this diet :)
I need to google this podpad thing, sounds interesting :)

Day 22
So pleased with weigh in this morning, I had been stressing that this week I was going to have a small loss, but I got on the scales and it was a 3.25 loss. I havent counted the quarter of a lb as that can add to next week, but I am so happy that the loss wasn't disappointing. This morning I have completed my brisk walk to the sound of Lady Gaga, her music is quite good for rhythm and pace. I am enjoying exercising again.

I am contemplating buying a sewing machine, I dont know if any of you can recommend one to me. I just want a beginners one really. I used to be quite good at dress making when I was younger, but I havent bothered for years. I thought i would give it a try again.

So onwards and downwards - I really feel like I can get to where I want to be for Reading festivals and enjoy the summer too with less weight.

Hope you are all having a lovely day.

Sarah xx

Thats a great loss Sarah :D
Well done :D
I would love to be able to sew proper stuff, and not just fixing buttons or badges.
:)

Well done on the 3.25lbs lost Sarah xx

Thank you am so happy, nothing better than getting on the scales and seeing the weight dropping off. I feel really good today.

Big WOOOOP on the loss :D

Day 23
I cant believe how quickly time goes by, day 23 already! Thanks to everyone who commented on my loss, it really helps to know that you are there to give support. I am feeling good today again. I have already competed my 30 min walk - although I am going to have to change my route now as I am doing it a bit quicker and so need to add a bit more distance to still keep to 30mins. I guess this means I am getting fitter, if I can do the same distance in shorter time :)
I am going to have a sort through my wardrobe soon, as the weather is cheering up, and I know I also have some smaller sizes somewhere and its always nice to have something to keep trying on in a smaller size. However I must get my OU essay completed first. I have really been messing about with this one, and I need to get it finished and sent off.

I gave up work last year after an amazing career where I achieved everything I wanted, since leaving I've been trying to work out what to do with the rest of my life. I am too young to retire completely, but I don't really want to go back into the stress of full time, high power corporate business, so I have been trying out all sorts of things instead. Which is one of the reasons I have been studying because I didn't want to just sit at home doing nothing!

Anyway, really pleased to see people doing well, and really appreciate the comments I get on this diary. Sometimes life is more than just about dieting, its about feeling good about yourself, achieving goals, good relationships, and fulfilling your potential. Losing weight for me helps with achieving these things. It makes me think I can do anything and have greater value..... what does it do for you?

Hope you having a good day
Sarah x

It's very brave giving up a successful career with nothing else certain to move on to but it's a wonderful opportunity to change your life, which you're doing in so many ways. What exciting times.

Yes Jael, it was pretty amazing and I sometimes cant believe it myself. I have been doing some volunteering, studying and researching my ancestry, but at some point I may get another job, albeit part time might be nice. You're right though its a great opportunity to change my life. I quit smoking in January (I had previously quit, but started again in about 2010) It was around 2010 that I got another promotion, I took on a job that was really hard (not intellectually but emotionally) and I also stated to overeat again - and I put on all the weight I had lost previously.
So now I can start a new chapter in my life, a healthy one, and hopefully a more fulfilling and meaningful one!

It sounds like you're making some amazing changes, it's really inspiring :) And congrats on another loss!

Day 24
I finally got my essay finished...yay! I also ordered some more packs this morning, they have an additional 10% off offer on until tomorrow if anyone is interested. I did the pick your own as there are some that I just cant be doing with and the postage for swapsies will take off the benefit from the mixed bumper pack. Anyway, I went for porridge, a few banana & choc shakes, veg soup and orange & choc bars. I also got 1 carbonara just to try.
So I am feeling good and resisting any daily weighing as it fluctuates too much and doesnt help with motivation. From now on I think I'll do a mid week (either Wed/Thurs) and then leave it until my Monday weigh in.
I found my before & after lighterlite photos yesterday and I have put them on the wall in my office (well its a spare bedroom really). Its funny looking at them now as all I kept thinking was this time I hit target I must get a better bra!! lol Its pretty motivational though as i really want to get to that place again. I remember the feeling of being light.... its weird but I could actually feel being lighter as I walked, and moved around. One memory that really sticks out was when I was at a gig seeing Linkin Park at Milton Keynes bowl. I was standing there and all of a sudden this guy runs up behind me and picks me up so I can see the stage.... I screamed, put me down, he laughed and then put me down. I think this was the first time in my life I have been picked up by someone else. It felt quite good to know that someone had looked at me and thought it was ok to lift me up... even if it did frighten the life out of me.

So that's where I want to be again... light.... light on foot, light to lift..... feeling light. I know I can do it again, as being 23 days in, I know I can see it through, even though there are times when its so hard, and I have to physically grit my teeth, and drink another pint of water.

Ahhh, cant wait to be that person again, to be that tiny lady again. I know I can do this.

hope you are all having a good day
Sarah

Oh wow !
I would love to be lifted up like that.
I have never been lifted like that, not even on my wedding day :(
It is a good goal Sarah :)

OMG, my son has just made himself a baguette with Chicken and bacon. The smell of the bread and the bacon is making my mouth water so much and I can hear him crunching into it. I may need to go and lock myself in a cupboard

Back