Total Solution Target Reading Festival - here we go

Well done Hun!! So pleased for you!! xx

How have you been sarah ?
I hope the ear infection is clearing up :)

How have you been sarah ?
I hope the ear infection is clearing up :)

I'm OK, thanks so much for asking. The ear infection is really annoying. I can hardly get my head off the pillow in the morning :( I have been staying 100% and getting through my water, and am not hungry at all, which is great, I do keep having this internal conversation though about eating and being slim. It drives me nuts. I also feel like I dont move around enough, I'm not a naturally active person (I did the gym when I was on LL) I think the gym is really expensive.

How are you doing?

Day17
I guess I'm into the swing of the diet now, I am not feeling hungry and its mainly just coping with the desire for different tastes and textures, and thinking about how long it will take to reach the target I have set myself. My doctor gave me an antibiotic spray for my ear, which is very weird, I've never had that before (he says the infection isn't in my middle ear?), I think I just have a bit of a cold really, which is annoying and makes you just want to stay in bed.

Anyway, I am still trying to figure out what I can do different to the last time I did LL, I dont want to get to target and then spend the next few years eating my way back up to being so obese again. I think the challenge of coming off TS for my Nephews wedding, enjoying the celebrations and then getting back on plan will be a really good thing for me. I think learning how to catch myself and managing binges might be a good thing. I need to know what naturally slim people do.... do they have a blow out and then have a few days of slimming? This is what I want to understand, I am sure they dont deprive themselves all the time....Instead of managing my weight over years, perhaps I should be managing it over weeks. The challenge though is I still have such a lot to shift.

On top of these conversations with myself I keep talking about how long it will take to get slim, what I am missing, and then not missing. The internal chatter is a real pain in the arse..... yak, yak, yak drives me insane!

So things are going well, I have been on the scales but the loss since WI is minimal and isnt helping with motivation (still it is only Wednesday) so I am going to try to resist going on everyday.

Hope everyone is having a good day
Sarah x

I think skinny people do treat themselves but then go careful the following days. They probably don't have binges like we do- like once have a bit of something naughty I want more and will stuff myself to the brim. I don't think thin people really do that! I think its also about portion control- perhaps thin people have smaller portions wheras people who gain weight most probably have bigger portions then the bigger you get the bigger the portion needs to get to satisfy.

I do think though that some people are naturally thin and some have to watch their weight a bit more. I do think there is an element of nurture as well as nature though because many of my habits like finishing your plate is something I grew up with.

Have a good day Sarah x

Yeah, learning not to stuff myself and having smaller portions is probably what I need to learn. I must admit, I do find it hard to eat 2 biscuits, I would rather eat a whole packet. Its not good, even writing about it makes me want to go and buy a packet of biscuits. I don't understand why though, its not fair really I would love to be the type of person who forgets to eat and can give or take food. I'm just not like that. I actually like the process, the textures, the planning, the chewing.... OMG, I need to stop fantasising

Mmm biscuits. Why are they so bloomin tasty!?

Portion control has always been an issue for me too, and as I got older knowing if I buy a multipack of crisps doing the shopping it more than likely won't be there tomorrow!

I'm the same, or should I say I WAS the same. I could happily go through an entire multipack of crisps in one go and I never bought small bars of chocolate, it was always a huge slab and gone in one sitting. Me and portion control have never really gotten on. I think that's why I liked doing SW, I didnt have to feel deprived, I could have as much as I wanted of whatever was allowed.

Hi Sarah, I just read up on your blog. Looks like you're doing really well, hope your ear starts feeling better soon :)

I know how you feel about the binges - it's something I really struggle with. I think it's a case of coming up with strategies - I read a book a wee while ago called Overcoming Binge Eating and that's what it said to do so examples might be - only buy 1 sweet from the shop or never shop alone - do it with someone who would disprove of you eating an entire bag/pack or shop after a meal or only take a certain amount of money with you etc. Other things were identify trigger foods e.g. chocolate / biscuits / crisps are bad ones for me that I could eat all day but give me something like a single packet of fruit pastels and I'd be fine once they were over. So go for the ones you are fine with and just avoid the binge triggers all together. Maybe easier said than done but it's worth thinking about. I was talking to a slim friend in work who was pretty chubby as a teen and she says she has to do things like that all the time otherwise she'd never stop. Perhaps it's just a case of making these strategies into habits.

I think portion control is a big factor. As well as recognising when you are full. Many of us can eat beyond full, but why do we do that ?
Skinny people don't seem to. If they do, its not on a daily or every meal basis
Is it possible to break these habits ?
I do hope so :)

I did this too I bet we all do.

I know my triggers are bread,crisps, butter and cheese . My friends are all between 5ft 1-5ft 4 and then there me like a tranny towering over them all. I can say hand on heart with out any ill feeling that 3 of them eat like horses and are always hungry, and size 8-10 with no exercise. I definitely think that some folk are genetically lucky. Damn my DNA. One of my other friends does something similar to the weight watchers thread on the maintainers board. She eats very carefullyLow carbing though the week but has fri/sat/special occasions and holidays off and weighs on a Thursday only.

If I can't maintain long term I plan to use exante in the spring and run up to Xmas ..... Well that's the plan.x

Sounds like we all have similar challenges over portion control and recognising when we are full. I know I still have a way to go before I have to worry about food, but given this is my 2nd time round, I do want to ensure I use the time wisely to understand what I need to change.

The problem with recognising when we're full is that most of us eat fast and dont really take the time to chew properly, so the food is in our stomach before it's had a chance for our brains to register it's even there, which is why we overeat to the point where we feel uncomfortable. That's one of the things we worked on when I tried hypnotherapy years ago, about eating slowly, being conscious of every mouthful of food, not eating with distractions like the tv on, so that chew properly and our brain gets a chance to signal when we're full. I think that's one of the tricks it's hardest to learn though and unfortunately I didnt put it into practice when I was doing the hynotherapy.

Day 18
I am beginning to feel a bit better, this ear infection had really started to get me down, making me feel lazy and sorry for myself. Whilst there is still a nagging throb, its nowhere near as painful as it was. Yesterday I couldn't stay off the loo (TMI I know) its weird; feels like an upset tummy, but I guess its my system settling into the diet and getting used to the different things to digest. It did make me feel a bit uncomfortable though!

This morning I have been for a 25 min brisk walk, I havent done any exercise at all for ages, and since giving up work, I do even less moving around. I am still contemplating joining the gym, but it is quite expensive, so I'm not sure yet. The walk was brilliant, got hot and sweaty and felt like I had burned some calories. I might try to be motivated to do this every day, whilst I deciding what to do about the gym.

Been on the scales and only 1lb off which I wasn't ecstatic about given I am half way through the week, I don't want to have less than 3lb losses, well at least not yet, esp when I'm 100%. So I will up the water and get the walking / exercise up and it might help. If I do my 30min walk everyday for the rest of the week and up my water I can see what an impact it has.

Hope everyone is having a good day and staying determined
Sarah

Well done on the walking, I need to do this too, but it's raining, so I'm not going to :( This weekend the weather's supposed to be a lot better so fingers crossed. And dont worry yet about the 1lb, sometimes your body will hang onto it for a few days and then whoosh. What the scales say midweek wont necessarily reflect the result on WI day so dont lose heart.

Thanks jael, you make sense, and you're right I could yet have a drop and be happy next Monday. I quite enjoyed the walk, the weather wasnt great, but it was nice to get out and have some fresh air. The hardest part was putting my shoes on and getting out the door :giggle:

Well done! You made the effort and it'll pay off :)

Your body might be hanging on to the weight a little bit with having an upset tummy and ear infection at the same time, but as Jael said you might find by the end of the week you have a little whoosh!

Even a 1lb loss is a loss, don't be disheartened.

image-3162688494.jpg

Even if you do only have a 1lb loss, that'll make it a stone lost in 3 weeks, which is amazing in the grand scheme of things. It took me 4 weeks to lose that amount of weight :)

You still have half a week to go, so your loss could double or treble in that time :)
Maybe your ear not being right will not help :)
I love walking :D
I dont actually mind walking in the rain, it somehow more calming for me :)
I hope you feel better soon :)

Thank you ladies, yes I am sure the weight will continue to come off, I think I end up a bit greedy and wanting more losses than is reasonable to expect. Anyway, Monday will bring the result whatever it is, and I will continue.

Back