Target weight???

babylove

I have been going to my local SW for the past 4 weeks. I am confused about the target weight. Do I choose my target or do they help you decide what the ideal weight for you is?

It has never been mentioned so how will I know when I get to it? (a long way off may I add lol)

it is completely personal hun! u decide hat u want ur target to be and u set it when u want! i only set mine last week, and im still not sure if its where i want to be! lol. if u have a target in mind then just let ur SWC know and they will put it on their computer for u :) if u need help setting a target im sure they will help you, but i think they use the BMI chart as a guide x

Hi Babylove.
Welcome to SW & this forum, I set a target & found that I just went straight past so I set another, again sailed past! set my third target and this time my weight slowed down and I found it easier to maintain than before, so I would suggest you go until you feel comfortable with your losses and if it's in the ideal BMI range then you should be able to maintain.....
Pete

My group must have been different. On the very night I signed up the C asked me what my target was and she logged it there and then.

Thanks for all your replies.
I will try to talk to my SWC next week but we are in the middle of changing consultants so that might be why it's a little up in the air ;)

I was asked my target weight when I joined but I didn't want to commit to a weight, will set one when I am closer to where I want to be!

I didn't commit a weight at first and now I've changed it twice and will be changing it again soon.
You don't have to judge it by the scales,you don't even have to set a target-you can just call target when you feel ready,I know someone who left group,tried on all her target jeans and then came and called target the next week x

My first group I was never asked in around 6 months, I moved to another for 1 month and wasn't asked, but a few weeks into moving to the current group the C said to me 'Have you thought about setting a target of some kind, an interim one perhaps as you're doing well and it would be something to work towards for you' so I set an interim target the next week. I did put a best before date on it (which I'm regretting slightly after self sabotaging a bit!) but, you know, I'm glad my new C had the confidence in me to ask me to set one if that makes sense?

When you enrol and go to the weigh area and your c puts in your card a pop up comes on the pda asking if member wants to set target. The c has to action this question either yes or cancel before she can go any further. Well thats what happened in our group a couple of weeks ago anyway. Its not written in stone though and can be altered. Some want to set straight away, others prefer to wait. I wasnt asked when I joined but that was 19 months ago. :)

My group must have been different. On the very night I signed up the C asked me what my target was and she logged it there and then.

Same thing happened in my group and caught me unawares to be honest as I had no idea - So it's been set at the upper end of my healthy BMI range. Once I get there I'm going to ask for it to be moved down to the middle of my BMI range and then I'll call target :)

I do the weight in my class. I would ask a member would they like to set a target & explain this can be what they want.
I would ask them would they like to be a stone thinner & explain once they get to this weight we can set another target. I was very heavy when I started & rather that put a large target to get to on day one I have hit a few small targets since I started.

Back