Target Weight

bloodcoveredprincess

Loving Life with TeamRH
Hi Peeps.....

Just wondering how on earth you manage to set a target weight when you have been over weight for such a long time that you have no idea what you should be like :confused:

Stone at a time!!

Hee her.... as you can see from my signature my mini goals are much smaller than that ;)

But I would like to know how people set their final target weight....

No need to set your target weight straight away, or indeed at any point up until the night you decide to call it. So why not just wait and show you you feel as you get smaller. I didn't set my target until well into my journey, only fairly recently to be honest although I knew I wanted to be in the healthy bmi range and a particular dress size. Then I thought a 7 stone loss would be a good place to stop but finally decided well if you are going to go that far you might as well just lose another couple of pounds to make it a round 100 lol. I want to do some toning though so it may well change again and go down a bit further but no rush to decide :)

I picked mine there and then as I felt the night I joined that if I didn't have an end result I would feel that I'm on this forever and also I remember checking to see what my heaviest should be for my age, height and build.

I may change this when it comes nearer the time but I'm going to leave it at 12st and see how I feel then. I did a calculator there and for the above, my heaviest weight should be 11st 6Ibs, myself I think this is ridiculous as I'm a heavy build

I've picked something in the middle of the normal weight BMI range for my height however I will review this when I get closer to it. At the moment it is just mini goals... my first being lose a stone and the next get my club 10

I've picked something in the middle of the normal weight BMI range for my height however I will review this when I get closer to it. At the moment it is just mini goals... my first being lose a stone and the next get my club 10

I have set mini goals since the beginning of my journey and so far I have lost 3 stone I met another milestone today by getting under 200lbs which I haven't been for as long as I can remember..... I would just like to have a long term goal in mind as well :sigh:

I havent yet set a target weight. Just taking in one stone at a time. When I have lost another 2 stone maybe I will be closer to knowing what I want that target to be but for now I am just happy it's actually coming off :) Good luck to you. x

I havent yet set a target weight. Just taking in one stone at a time. When I have lost another 2 stone maybe I will be closer to knowing what I want that target to be but for now I am just happy it's actually coming off :) Good luck to you. x

And yet I see a goal weight of 10 stone 10 pounds on your stats :confused:

How tall are you?

:thinking2:I know there are height and weight charts out there.... I am more interested in how people thought about it

Have you got a particular photo where you are happy with how you look in it? I have a pre-kids photo which I can look at and think I was happy with how I looked back then and I felt good about myself to. That isn't my final target weight but it's getting there helps me to imagine a slimmer version of myself.

That's a great idea, but I was never one for having my picture taken so I don't have many and have no clue what I weigh in any of them :rolleyes:..... I wish I knew what I weighed when I met my husband, but I can't even remember that....

I've called target so many times lol its never a done deal! We always want a little bit more!

See how you feel.. aim for an outfit or something you're happy wearing

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

My target weight is under 10 stone. I dieted to 10st2 last year and still had chubby bits :-\
first goal under 12
second under 11

Back