Targets, what to put?

Wish

Silver Member
Hi

As you may know I am starting SW tonight, just a query, do they still ask you to set a target? And how have you set yours? A realistic one? Mini targets, or based on what your ideal weight for height should be?

Thanks x

Ive not set a target yet, but have a long way still to go - i think it depends on what you want to do!

x

Hi Wish!! Firsty, good luck tonight! You don't have to set a target if you don't want to! You can decide much later on, and even if you do set one now, you can always move the goalposts at a later date! I've set mine at 10 st 10 lb! I got down to 11 stone years ago and I know I would have liked another 1/2 stone off ideally! I thought that If I set it between 10 st 7lb and 11 st, I can hover somewhere in the middle! And I'll have a BMI of 24 which I think will be ideal for me! I know I have to be realistic- I'd look awful at 8 st 11lb which is a BMI of 20. You have to take your build into consideration too.X

Hi there and welcome!

You dont have to set a target at the very beginning if you dont want to the Consultant will ask if you would like to or not.
As for deciding what to set your target to, thats up to you Hun. My target is 10 stone, but when I get there and feel that I want to loose a bit more, then I will alter it.

Last edited:
I think it's best to weight until you think you are closer to your ideal weight and see how you feel. Even if you set a target you can always change it afterwards.

As the others have said just a rough idea may help you see the goal but it's not something you need to decide upon until you're ready. I am taking mine about 5 stone at a time but have about a million to lose so it's easier for me. My final target weight (what I can just about imagine myself getting to eventually) would still put me in the obese category lol. I'm hoping as I slim it will become easier to picture myself at a normal weight.

Back