Taster sesh - what exactly happens/do you need?

miss_emmajane

Silver Member
My C said that next week is a taster session as well as Woman of the Year (what about men!?) and she said my quorn chilli con carni would be a great thing to bring ... pretty much the only meal I make :p

Do you just take it in a flask and that is it or do you need say, a fork/spoon - the recipe on paper to give to anyone who wants it, or a name tag .. can't see how it will work.

It will be the second time I have stayed for meeting. The first time I stayed, I sat by myself as I didn't know anyone and everyone is in pairs or small groups and when I plucked up the courage to make a suggestion to someone's question in the talk she was really rude and shot me down .. I felt like crying and I have never stayed for the meeting since but I have read about the taster sessions on here and thought sod it ... I shall just stay :eek:

How awful that you were made to feel that you didn't want to stay to class. Taster sessions are great and will probably vary from class to class. In mine the hall has a kitchen so we can use cutlery there. The printed recipe can be handy as some people like to take them away, but that would be up to you if you wanted to do it. I hope you feel better and are made more welcome if you do stay.

What a shame you didn't feel welcome. :(

For our taster sessions, our consultant brings plastic cutlery and paper plates, and we put all of the food out on the table, and people just help themselves.

Last time, some people brought recipes, others didn't. It's up to you. If people really love it they will probably ask for the recipe.

Also, some advice for you, I joined on my own, and although I hated it at first, have stayed every week. I have now made some lovely friends. Just find yourself a seat, and ask the person next to you if it's free, and honestly, you'll be surprised at how quickly people will talk to you!

I now make a real effort to chat to new people, as I know what it feels like, so you could also go down that route.

I sound like a right old naggy bat, but I just know how hugely the classes have helped me, and I don't want anyone to miss out on that!

Emma xXx

Don't worry about the woman who wasn't very nice to you, there are plenty of other lovely people who you can get to know. You take your meal along, either in a flask or in a plastic box (people don't mind if its cold, it fooooood lol.) It's usefull to take a few details of the recipe if anyone wants it, but if you need more for people just take them along next week. Our consultant used to provide all the paper plates and cutlery, but some people who made soups or currys etc would just take along some plastic cups to serve it in. Its all very relaxed, rather like going to a buffett party, and a good way to get know more people too. Enjoy yourself. xx

OOOOhhh I luv taster sessions.. we are having on in 3 weeks time.
I will miss it though (being on my secret holiday !)
we all bring in some food - like Sw sausage rolls, lamb taji (spelling???), crisps, croustinis with onion and feta cheese -these are soooo OMG !!!, rice with curry. All done SW way .
Its really good cos you get chatting with the other woman and men and get to take home some great ideas .
Stay to class , dont let one person put you off, I had this conversation with hubby the other day -
Yes its costing me £4.50 a week ,but if I didnt go I know I would be like ...I'll do it tommorow and I'll just eat this ,it wont matter . Its a bit like being sent to your headmaster , to be told your good or bad ,but in a very nice sort of way ....
Come to think of it I always had ..Must Try Harder on my school reports HA hA
Keep up the good work , we will all get there in the end XXX

Its a bit like being sent to your headmaster , to be told your good or bad ,but in a very nice sort of way ....
Come to think of it I always had ..Must Try Harder on my school reports HA hA
Keep up the good work , we will all get there in the end XXX

HAHA, I am just imagining being given a SW class report from your C every few months to take home to your family!!!!!

Back