Taster Sessions. To syn or not to syn that is the question

Brightonrosie

I want to be fitter again
I was wondering if other groups are encouraged to label the syn values of the foods they take to taster sessions. We didn't at out last one but wouldn't it make sense to do so or am i being "Ms Control Freak"? I don't want to go over my syn allowance but I don't want to be a party pooper either xx (only you lovely people here can call me that lol)

I know at our group the consultant leaves pens and little cards for us to put the syn value on in front of whatever we bring.
I must admit I dont tend to count the things I eat at taster sessions but I do avoid anything I know will be high. A lady once brought a huge gateaux to one of ours, I think the consultant was a bit perplexed by it, it was a silly thing to do really.
Even though I dont count on the night its good to know the syns as it can encourage you to try making it yourself. Afterwards people can ask who made something and how and we usually vote for the best and they win a prize. Last time I won a cook book.

I tend to not count as I forget to write things down. We do get told what each thing is if they know but sometimes they don't. I am going to make for our party on Mon and will write down what each is as the things I am making are from mag and snack foods so are free depending if you are on red or green day as I am making some of each.

To be perfectly honest even if it were labelled with the syn value I would ignore it for a taster session.

Back