Green Day Tasty Ideas for Rice?

aliclair

Afternoon all, I really need help I have been trying to get going again and manage a few days then fall off the wagon big time!! :cry:

I am fine on red days but green are getting a bid tedious. I really like rice but need some tasty ideas so I don't get bored too quickly!

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Ali

Make some synfree BBQ sauce and add whatever free veg you have at home. Its one of my faves and so easy to do.

Egg fried rice! I love it and if I cant be bothered with making a lot just whip up a nice bowl of this :)

All you need for a portion for one is an onion, a clove of garlic, handful of peas, beaten egg and rice (obviously lol)

Boil rice until little undercooked. Cook peas seperately. Fry onion, garlic and throw in peas in Wok, add your rice, pour egg over and keep mixing for 5 mins until cooked - yum! Can also add all sorts, soy sauce is nice, or bits of pepper etc

Hope that helps :)

Yum, egg fried rice hadn't thought of that! And Syn free BBQ sauce sounds delicious, thanks guys will definately be trying these this week. :)

x

rice cooked in some stock instead of water is nice, gives it a subtle flavour. Then just mix in some stir fried veggies with it.

how about getting some pudding rice and making rice pudding! Yes it can be done and be syn free!

boil your pudding rice in water til soft and cooked, drain off....then when ready to eat put your portion of rice in a dish, microwave til warm then stir in a free yogurt-the muller light vanilla is excellent for this...zap again in microwave for 30secs, stir and eat! its also yummy for breakfast and great with grated apple in or chopped banana on top!

Do you want idea's what to serve it with??

You could always do the "mushy pea curry" - recipe on here somewhere - its so simple & tasty!

I often do egg fried rice & loads of stir fried vegies, thats yummy. Plenty of soy sauce too!

i was going to say the same as britmum and cook it in stock with some mushrooms and peppers, and once it is just about ready put your seasoning and some lemon juice in it .......mmmmm, xx

Wow, that rice pudding sounds delicious and I have never thought of cooking rice in stock.

Thanks to all for some helpful ideas.

x

how about getting some pudding rice and making rice pudding! Yes it can be done and be syn free!

boil your pudding rice in water til soft and cooked, drain off....then when ready to eat put your portion of rice in a dish, microwave til warm then stir in a free yogurt-the muller light vanilla is excellent for this...zap again in microwave for 30secs, stir and eat! its also yummy for breakfast and great with grated apple in or chopped banana on top!

I love this idea,love rice pudding. Tried the cream soda version, yuck :( Tried making it with almond milk, yuck :(
Will be trying this one next :)

I made plain boiled rice and when it was cooked added chickpeas sweetcorn and red pesto its sooo tasty if u like that sort of thing just syn the pesto xx

Back