Tea is better than water!?!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Alli, 31 January 2007 Social URL.

1. Alli

Alli Full Member

Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    HEY GUYS! Check this out.

Medical Benefits of Tea

Having argued with a workmate about how there is nothing better for you than water... I think i have lost this battle! There seem to only be articles on how tea is better for you than water?!?!?!?!?!:eek:

So can i presume that we can count cups of tea as our water intake?

What do you guys think?

x Alli x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. blitz

blitz Silver Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    Have read the acticle and it make interesting reading, however I dont think you can count tea in your water intake. It also says maximum of 4 cups a day.

Persaonlly Ive cut down on my tea drinking to just 2 cups a day one in the morning and one at night. I cant say I missing it and Ive always drunk black tea so Im not missing the milk. I dont think I could drink more after 5 ltrs of water!!!

4. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    Could not live without my tea

Tea has other chemical compounds in it and your body sees it as tea, not water.

8 ounce cup of balck tea and green tea both have 40 Milligrams of caffeine and the same 8 ounce of coffee has 100 Milligrams of caffeine. Decaf tea has 4.

Drink your water and your skin and muscle tone will thank you for it, also energy levels.

I am a tea drinker and I still drink about 3 to four litres of water a day.

Love Mini xxx

5. Alli

Alli Full Member

Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I see i see...

Very interesting! I haven't been counting my tea as water but i thought, well maybe!?!? hehehe...

Does caffeine dehydrate you then?

Thank you for your replies!!

x Alli x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.