Tealight's diary - slim by September?

tealight23

Hi everyone! Thought I'd start this as a bit of motivation for me, and for anyone else to read if they want to know they are not alone in their CD journey.

I have been doing CD for a week so far, and my scales at home show I have lost 7lb, which I'm very happy with! Got my first weigh in with my CDC tonight, so hoping her scales show the same thing.

I have not found the first week too bad. I've had hunger pains, due to having no food in my tummny, but have thought "am I actually hungry?" and the answer is always 'no'.

No headaches either, though felt quite distant on Monday, and people kept asking me if there was something up. There wasn't, I was fine, but I didn't feel like I was quite there.

I have been using the ketostix and so far have all showed either light or dark pink. Even after a mouthfull of OH's shepherd's pie (oops!).

Ideally I'd like to eventually be below 10 stone, at whatever size I'm comfortable with, but I've always struggled getting below 10'3", and have VERY chubby legs, which are no doubt going to be a problem as I get closer to goal, but I want to be able to wear boots in the autumn! (As well as all the lovely clothes I have got but never worn for fear of showing my legs.)

The CD products - don't like: original porridge, spicy tomato soup (tastes v odd), vanilla shake (though might try adding coffee to it); do like: cappucino shake, oriental chilli soup, any of the chocolate shakes. Looking forward to being able to have the bars so I have something to chew on!

That's all for now - will update as and when I have something to add!

Tealight

Well done that great. When is next WI??

Thanks Lyndzi and Great Things!

Next WI is in 2 weeks' time, as I am off on hols next week (and expect that I will eat more than one SS+ sized 'portion' of fish each day on top of my usual shakes etc!) but still hoping that being 100% either side of the holiday will mean I should still have a fairly good loss in a fortnight.

I had my first CD bar today, and it was so nice to have something to chew, though once I finished I did think, 'is that it?' - I want more! The temptations are growing, but I keep thinking that what I'm craving now, I can eat when I am slim - it will all still be in existence once I have reached goal - there is no hurry to eat any of it now.

keep at it!!! i'll look out for your diary.

thats what i always think! I always say in my head 'i dont need to eat it now, when im skinny it will still be there!' good luck on your next weigh in and have a lovely holiday :D xx

Well done on your first WI :D

Hope you have a lovely time away, Going anywhere nice?

I notice you`re from Surrey, Whereabouts? (roughly) I live in Camberley and started the same time as you :D

Xxx

Ooh, I'm not far from you Sacred! I'm actually just over the border in Hants, but still think of myself as a Surrey girl as that's where I spend my free time (not that I seem to have much of that these days!). My mum keeps telling me to visit the huge M&S in Camberley, so might book that in the diary for when I am down to a size 12 and need some new threads!

Am having a bad evening so far, and really craving a meal. I know I'm not actually hungry, but I'm really down, my mood is low, and both boyfriend and lodger have been eating fish and chips tonight. I had to leave the room on both occasions to stop myself getting even more upset. Not sure why this is happening, and boyfriend asked me today why I can't just be 'normal' - I think he is getting fed up with my bizarre space food while he tucks into pasta, pizza and chips, and he keeps telling me to have a drink, it's friday, I should chill out with him with a beer in the garden... I feel terrible that I can't.

I have a mini goal to be under 12st by Monday morning, when I go on holiday (currently 12st 2lb) then aiming for another 6lbs off by next WI (week and a half later) to get to 11st 7 - I reckon I can do this if I stay focused and am trying to concentrate on how happy I'll be when that happens, but I feel a bit guilt-tripped tonight. :(

:( *hugs*

It is a bit mean tbh to be guilt tripping you when you are trying to improve your healthy by losing weight. I`m about 5lbs heavier than you so we`re pretty similar.

I would just hang in there as hopefully it shouldn`t take you long to reach your mini goals :D

You really are close to me ;) Let me know if you ever want to meet for a brew in Tesco or M&S as I`m only 5 mins away ;)

I was there today actually ;)

Xxx

Just got back from the CDC and not only did her scales match mine, but I have also lost 1.5 inches from my waist! Woohoo!!

Woohoo :D

I am jealous lol

Keep up the good work and positive attitude :)

Thanks Sacred, I may well take you up on that offer one day!

OH and I had a chat later and he said he does actually support me, and says that it is an example of how determined I can be and that he can see how much it means to me.

Thanks for the encouragement everyone! Today is looking to be much better :)

Extra motivation has come from a looming clear-out - anything that does not fit me must be ebayed/given to charity by the end of the summer - so says boyfriend, and he is right, we do not have the space at the moment for stuff we do not use. Let's hope I'll be throwing out the stuff that's too big and not the lovely stuff that's too small at the moment but far too beautiful to see go!

YAY to throwing out the big stuff and to lots of new smaller stuff :D x

keep going. nothing makes me hungrier than watching people eat. i gethunger pangs out of nowhere. one trick i use which works is to think 'pizza' hmmm, i'll have that on saturday (ps, i have sats off plan) and save stuff i want during the week for my day off. however, more often than not i never end up having it as i prefer to eat healthy,in fact on my day off its so great just to eat. so all the stuff ihave saved during the week never comes into the picture, and if i have stored something in the fridge to have on a sat i usually find it doesnt hit the spot and is such an anti climax!!! seriously, you can have all that stuff when you are at goal.

That's an interesting point, Leeds123. I am back from my hols (went to Cornwall for a few days) and ended up breaking the diet, not because I was hungry, but because it seemed very unfair on other half to have to eat alone on holiday and I wanted to make sure we were both having fun. The food I had was tasty, but in all honesty if it hadn't been for the good reason I had for eating proper food, I wouldn't have been bothered about it, and I really was in a take-it-or-leave-it mood.

Damage done: +3lbs, though this takes me to the same weight as my last weigh-in, so basically no change. I have WI no. 2 this week, so hopefully there will be some sort of downward trend overall! I am now in size 12 Asda trousers (bless Asda for making a woman feel good!) and my size 14 M&S trousers are definitely comfortable, though not yet loose.

Good luck losing the 3lbs u gained in time for WI :)

Still here, still doing it. Had a blip (i'm sure we all do) but pulled my socks up and carried on. It's not the end of the world, and I am now down into the next stone bracket, so three cheers for me and everyone else doing this! I am newly motivated, and less inclined now to see this as a quick fix.

Keep on keeping on, my lovelies!

Back