Team 14 - Scream if you wanna go faster! - Official Thread

I am working at home today - which means I can sort out my own hours. This is normally good, but right now sooooo bad because I keep thinking of going to the shops - and of course, then would be spending money. I don't seem to be able to stop these days, it's as if instead of eating, I have a spending habit . Not clothes, but shoes, a handbag, a pile of stuff from Boots, you name it, I've either bought it or earmarked it since I started this diet.
I've thought that maybe house arrest might work :eek: (I am sure my husband would be up for putting me under that !!) but, heavens, I am watching about ten items on EBay.
Anyone else with this problem - or is it just me?
Nelli

Nelli - I sell stuff on ebay and am also obsessed!

Cass - Great South run? Fabulous. Good on you. Have you been training loads? I bet you do need your carbs right now.

Hi Claire,

Yes I have HAD to train loads, I am not a runner (short and chunky) so it's been hard. We did 8 miles last night and it almost killed me. The run is 10 so will just about get through. I'm doing it for my dad who is in hospital being treated for leukaemia at the moment so running for the Leukaemia research charity. It will be worth it in the end....just wish I could get going with CD now, it's all I seem to think about!! I was thinking I am booked to be my CDC next Thursday to get all my bits but am due to start on the 27th the day after the run. Do you girls think I will feel really low starting the day after a 10 mile run. I know I will feel tired and achey from the run then feel tired and rubbish cause I'm starting SS. OR would you wait a day till you feel more normal then go for it?? Arhhhhhh x

Maybe just decide on the day? See how you feel.

Sorry to hear about your Dad but good that you are doing something positive about it.

I took up running (only on treadmill) before I started this diet. I watched this thing with Colin Jackson on tv where there were looking at why he was such a good runner. Anyway it made me think why I assumed I couldn't run. So I decided to give it a go. I do run like Phoebe on Friends (Funny if you haven't seen it) but what the hell. It's fun and it burns calories faster.

The only problem is that at the moment on SS+ I get dizzy if I run so I'm just walking on treadmill, cycling and doing weights. I will run again though...Oh yes!

Hi Cass - I am sure you will do brilliantly on the run. My husband runs and I know what the gruelling training schedule is like in the lead up. You are probably losing weight anyway, just through the exercise. It is something - I just can't do - though I get jealous when I see how much weight he can drop while training.

Sorry about your Dad - I am sure he is very very proud of you.

I am doing this for the second time - the first time I jumped straight into it and had an awful start which just seemed to go on and on - obviously I had never heard of these forums at the time. Now that I have, I took the advice given and this time I did all the requisite cutting down on carbs - drinking more water etc and sailed through the first few days.

With regards to your question, I am sure there is someone on the site with experience of what you are doing - why don't you post your question on a more general thread so more people read it?
Nelli

Thanks for the replys girlies, yeah I think I will see how I feel on the day. I might not be that bad. Am super excited though. I just keep thinking how great I'm gonna feel slipping into those jeans. Oh and I just got my laptop back so I can post this weekend! yey x

cass- sorry to hear about your dad, it must make you feel like your supporting a a good cause by doing the run, dont think i could do it.. think jeans jeans jeans!! you dad must be briming with pride for you. good luck with it!

nell- i cut down on the carbs, i did the same as u the last time, and failed miserably... hopefully im doing it right this time

coley- i hate ebay at the moment, their fees along with paypal are getting out of hand so i just dont bother with it now, but i used to sell all sorts on there!

me- the cdc counsellor came, but was late! so she advise me not to start until tomorrow, she turned up at about 1 and id already had something to eat, she rang and said she would be late.. shes absoloutley fantastic, really easy to talk to and get on with, hopefully a partnership that will last until im through my journey. she reassured me shes at the end of the phone for ANYTHING i need to talk about, shes a counsellor aswel, but shes a lovley woman...

so all go for tomorrow!

Good morning all - hope everyone is doing well. We have another sunny morning in Glasgow - that's one more this week than we've had all summer. :eek:

I am attempting to clean the bedroom and for some reason don't seem to have much energy. Just having my first pack and it is 1pm. I have been trying to space them out - the first around 1pm - next just after 5pm and the last around 9pm because my worst time for picking at food was in the evenings. It works from that point of view, but not so good in the mornings. Maybe I should try splitting them - does anyone know if this helps?

All the talk of running has made me think that walking up and down the stairs (when necessary) and walking to the car - doesn't really count as exercise. :cry: so - I have dug out the band and exercise ball (still in it's wrapping) that I was given when I did LL. Not that I actually know what to do with them - however - since my husband is a tennis coach, I am hoping he will have some (not too painful) ideas for moving my lardy @*** into gear.

Wish me luck !!!! I'll need it.
Nelli

Afternoon everyone! How's it going? I have to submit our stats before 6 tonight.

So far we have:

Nelliduff - Lost 6 pounds this week. Team 14 slimmer of the week! :party0049: Well done!!!
Cass22 - Starting 27th -ish
MR2 Owner - Found on another thread. 2 pound loss.
Pink-Sarah - Just started (how's it going?)
Claire - Lost 3 pounds this week.
Kimberyleyski - ?

You've got til 6pm to update this.

Claire x

Sorry I was meant to come here earlier! Yep 2lbs loss for me this week, yay :D

Well done MR2! Hurrah! We are all such losers! LOL

Ok am off to watch X Factor - no-one tell me who got kicked out! I'll be back by 6 to submit our results.

Hi Claire - I will have to try halving packs too. The stretch till without anything lunch time is the longest one of all for me, so even if I split a pack between breakfast and lunch it would probably help.

Earlier on in this thread, I tried to answer why I managed to put four stones (and a little bit) in 18 months. When I was typing I carefully thought through my answer and thought it accurate - but - this morning in a flash, I think the REAL answer came to me.

A sneaky jump on the scales indicates that I will lose 3lbs this week (unless I somehow start to store water - fingers crossed and don't tempt fate Nelli). I then started to think that would mean that last week I'd lost 28lb with 31lb to get back to where I was, and this week it was the other way with 31 gone only 28lb to lose. I then started to think "why on earth didn't I tackle this problem when I was 28lb up (or preferrably before), instead of waiting for the horror of 61lb. Suddenly I realised exactly what I had been thinking at that point, and this is where it gets scary .... I thought

"Oh, s*** - 28lbs on"​

extremely quickly follwed by,

"What the heck, that's nothing, I can blast that in 5 WEEKS"

The rest is history :eek: but you can be sure of one thing - I won't be making that mistake again !

I shall make no mistake in future as GETTING BACK ON SS'ING HAS BEEN THE HARDEST THING I'VE DONE IN A LONG TIME !

(Hope these rambling make sense)

Nelli

good evening girls... everything was going well yesterday at about 1pm UNTIL... my youngest son (13)came in and announced his brother(15) had fallen off the shed roof! and couldnt get up.. so long story short ended up in a&e then the ward for the night, he broke his wrist and had pins put in last night in surgery, i swear that child has accident prone tattooed on him somewhere lol...hes had loads of accidents! ANYWAY alls fine today, got home about an hour ago, so with being stuck in hospital most of the night i didnt stick to the plan, although i didnt have much to eat anyway, mainly soup out the machine, and some dinner today in the cafe... good job id only had 1 and a half shakes yesterday morning!

so back on track for tomorrow!

going to catch up on the rest of the team and posts.. hope every1s sticking to the plan

Blimey Sarah! Sounds like a nightmare. Hope he's ok?

Well you can't stick to the diet if you haven't got access to the shakes! Tomorrow is a new day - go for it!

Nelli - I think people (even us!) underestimate how hard this diet is. Lets not do it again! This is THE last time.

i think people that havent done the diet and havent looked into dont realise how hard it is, they cant possibly no. they're the 1st that usualy give the negative comments.

oh im back on track for tomorrow

Back