Team 14 - Scream if you wanna go faster! - Official Thread

Oh Sarah that's a bummer! I felt crappy on SS so went up to SS+. Now I'm fine. What a shame.

Hi All - hope everyone is doing well today.

Sorry to hear about your necessary change of diet Sarah - I am sure you will do well with whatever you decide. When I went to the Doctor to have the form signed for LL at the start of last year, I expected a fuss, to be honest - but it was a lovely new lady doctor and she asked me if she could keep the description sheet for the diet that LL give you to take. She was very interested. I haven't seen her since but would like to think she is sending people down this path.

I have changed "My Mood" back to Happy as I feel so much better today. Guess it's par for the course with this diet. I felt so cold and even looked grey all weekend but am back to my usual self today - and that is nothing whatsoever :D to do with my wearing the beautiful leather jacket my husband had made for me a few years ago.

He had it made from a jacket I loved but had almost worn into holes it had been worn so much. I put weight on so quickly the first time, and never wore the new one at all until after my LL experience last year - and even then I so quickly grew back out of it, it's still almost new. So today, I was thrilled today to go to work with it on. YIPEE.

Now I'm looking forward to having made smaller - or is that hoping for just TOO MUCH.:eek:

Nelli

Aww Sarah, that's pants that you've had to come off the plan, but if your GP has banned your CDC from supplying you, there's not much you can do I spose!!

Coley, bless ya! Believe me I'm far from slim, I guess you can't see my wobbly bits in the photo hehe!

Lol Nelli congrats at getting into your jacket - I love dropping to the next size down and being able to wear things I've never worn/haven;t worn for ages!!

Day 1 for me today, nearly over :) it's been very easy actually. Have started a diary over on the main CD forum if you're interested, otherwise I'll just let you know that my team starting weight is 12.9 and am hoping to be in the 11s next week (or nearly would be great). Fingers crossed!

xxx

Hi Wannabeslim
Well done on completing your first day - you don't have much to go, so if you have a good a week as usually happens, you can maybe knock a hole in the 22lb. How good would that be?
Nelli

Oh Sarah that sucks :(

I've got mega dizzyness going on today, it started yesterday and I felt like i had been on a ferry. I went to work this morn but had to come home as the room was spinning. I think I might have a water infection, even tho I am drinking 2.5L of water minimum the water I am passing is very dark, plus it hurts :(

Weigh in day again and 5lb this time. I am sooo pleased as I didn't think I had been losing anything at all. I need to re-adjust my target as the original 61lb was to take me back to my LL lowest weight. I need to figure out what I need to lose to get to a healthy BMI.

Nelli

Another 22 or 23lbs should take me there - so I am aiming to lose the 19lb for Christmas (probably a bit ambitious as I can't see it keeping up this pace) and then dealing with the addition after my holiday in January. That's the plan at least.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Nelli

Hey Nelli, I think your plan is a good'un!

Day 2 nearly over and done with and I think I'm in ketosis already :) can taste that yucky, yucky taste in my mouth! Yep, I hope that I can make a big dent in that 22lbs... 10lbs would be amazing, but only time will tell! Need to bear in mind that half of what I lose will be water/glycogen though and will go back on when I reintroduce carbs.

If I lost 10lbs this week, 5lbs in week 2 (as I usually seem to do) and 3.5lbs every week after that, it would only take me 4 weeks to reach a healthy BMI, and 6 or 7 to get to my ultimate goal weight. Will deffo stick with CD until healthy BMI, and think I will probs use WW to get lower.

:) nothing to lose but weight!!

Hi all Coley said I am welcome to this team so thought I would pop on and say hey to all and intro myself.

My names Anna, I am 25 years old, with a lot weight to lose but will get there stone by stone with CD. I started CD last fri and have WI on thurs week 1. I am currently at university doing bsc psychology. theres a little about me:)

Hi Anna. I think we do have a place - if Sarah is off CD. If so you are very welcome. You'll need to get your start weight to me and I can add it to the spreadsheet.
Nelli - well done you! Fab result. You are burning through that fat at a great rate!
Wannabslim- How great to have such a short (but hard!) journey. I'm looking at April -ish before I'm off CD.
MR2- That doesn't sounds good! Have you been to the docs?

Last edited:
Hey Anna, welcome to the team (i'm a newbie too as only started CD yesterday!).

Coley, yep its nice to know this is only a short-term thing, the first time I attempted it I had 5st to lose so to have just 1 or 2 this time is very encouraging! Thanks for having me in the team as I'm finding the idea of belonging to a group and having you guys to report to very motivating! :D

Have had all my 3 packs now - porridge with cinnamon was lovely (much nicer than with nutmeg) and think I've found my new fave CD pack! Off to bed for a good night's sleep, am preparing myself for the evils of day 3/4 but am trying not to dwell on it as I know that'll make it harder!

Here's to another good day for us all tomorrow :) xxx

thanks for the warm welcome I just hope that there is that one place left if not I'll guess I'll have to wait till there is a space available

Hi Anna - welcome to Team 14 - and good luck with your weigh in on Thursday - hopefully it will be a whopper.

Wannabeslim - wouldn't it be great if you lose it all so quickly - fingers crossed. I think the main thing is to have a plan as, if I don't I never seem to get anywhere and would end up wander about with the remainder of the weight for ever - or worse still, do as I did before and re-gain without getting to the end :tear_drop:!! Not an option this time. I've bought a few books on the GI diet and have been reading up on that as an option for long term maintenance and think it might work for me. I am also planning on finding a yoga class - again for long term.

MR2 - hope you are feeling a bit better today.

Claire - good luck for another good week.

Nelli

Believe it or not, I have found me a yoga class - start Monday. I hate to think what I am going to like at it but the class is strictly for beginners and hopefully there will be others who are as flabby and inflexibile as me. I am hoping that this will long term help me to curb my stress related eating too !
Nelli

Anna - I think we should make you an official member - and not just because you lost 10 pounds!!!!!!!! ;)
Nelli - Good on you for the yoga. I did it for a while and it is great but we went to an intermediate class and it was SO hard! Beginners is definitely the way to go.

I don't think my weigh in will be that good this week its TOTM so I'm thinking 1-2 pounds. We'll see tomorrow.

1st timer

Hello all, just started CD today & have spent last 2 hours reading hundreds of posts! lots of inspiration so I thought I would give it a try. I think i will need lots of help, if not with the diet then with being on a forum!! Never talked to anyone this way before and it feels really strange and a bit scary.

Hi Holiday Girl - welcome to Minimins. Reading these posts is definately the way to go. If you ever get to the point where you are thinking of wavering, you can always find dozens of good reasons why not to go for it. The members are great.

It is scary in the beginning but soon it will be second nature. Good luck with the diet and fingers crossed for a great loss this week.

Nelli

I can't beleive I lost 10IBS its crazy 10IBS ina week!!! I am still in shock from it lol

Evening Girls :)

Well done Hypa - welcome to the team you two btw.

I've been okish today, well CD wise I mean - went to docs and been diagnosed with something called labrinthitis, so I feel like I've been on a very rough ferry all the time. I'm on tablets for it now too.

WI tomorrow, but I cant drive at the mo 'cos of how I feel :(

Back