Team 14 - Scream if you wanna go faster! - Official Thread

Morning Ladies

Hope everyone is doing OK. It is the most horrible morning in Glasgow - cold, wet and windy.

However, I have lost another POUND. Maybe that is all that it's going to be from now on in - a little at a time- or maybe eating something (the beans) helped.

Much better though is that I can get into my skinniest jeans - with space to spare. WOO WOOO WOOOO WAH !!!!!

Nelli

Hi Ladies! Busy weekend? I've been wrapping and jigsawing - lots of fun!

Nelli - Hurrah on the pound! So pleased for you and the skinny jeans thing is even better!

So how is everyone else? Hypa? WillB? WannaB? Katie?

Last edited:
Heavens know what wonderful things these guys are busy doing, eh?

It's our work night out tonight. We always take our staff for dinner the Saturday before Christmas, and as we are a small company there's only eight of us plus partners.

I have my usual dilema of what to wear !!!

This time however it's not a pile of "too small" on the bedroom floor - so I am well happy. Might have to be the skinny trousers mentioned earlier - only kidding.

Went to get my hair cut today - my hairdresser was a bit gobsmacked at the do-it-yourself red bits ! though he did sympathise when I told him I did it to cheer myself up when I wasn't losing weight - he was not impressed and I don't think it even occured to him to offer me a job :( I am going next Saturday to have it done properly :)

Happy Saturday before Christmas everyone - whatever you are doing.

Nelli

Heya, sorry i havent been around, it was my work's Christmas do last night and I went straight from work so didnt get time to pop on here!

I gave away almost all my food last night (yay me lol) and did really well :) am a bit gutted that the scales are saying I've put on 4lbs since I stopped SS but hey, its the carbs and not fat, so I'm not gonna let it get me down! Am going to work really hard on doing exercise every day this week (except Christmas and Boxing Day) and eat healthily. Should be a doddle as it seems I have gone off chocolate and I dont really want to eat anything for some reason... it's a good thing I guess but unusual for me not to want to eat. Think CD this time around has done me some good in the way that I now view food just as a survival tool, not as something to use for comfort!

All good! Am thinking of doing CD after Boxing Day for a few weeks and working up the plans properly, as now I know I dont really WANT food, I think it will be quite easy and will help me get to where I want to be weightwise. So dont fill my space just yet ok? :D

xxxx

Hiya all,

I've only lost 1lb this week. Feel really disappointed as the weight loss is slowing down over the last 3 weeks or so, despite doing the same as usual.

Rung my CDC (not seeing her for 3 weeks due to my weigh in day being Thursday - xmas day and new years day) and she said just to keep going on and it will catch up soon! Arghh!! I want to loose it now!

I'm off over xmas till the 5th January and I've decided to spend at 20 mins every day on my cross trainer to try and boost the weight loss again.

How is everyone else getting on?

Will b slim
x

I'm trying to get the results together for the week...So far I think I have:

Me - 2
Nelli-1
Willbe-1
WannaB - Shall we count you or not as you are eating?
Hypa - ?
Katie - ?

Can you post results/correct results by 5 pm today. Thanks!

Hi guys - I'm filling in for Irene this week - please PM (or post) week 18 results or let me know if you aren't posting a result this week. Thanks!

Hi Wannabe

I think too that my taste's are changing. The staff had voted for an Italian restaurant for dinner - and being a veggie, I ended up with mushrooms and some tomato pasta. I did enjoy the bits I ate - but what surprised me was the wine.

I was one of the designated drivers (getting a taxi the Saturday before Christmas around here is impossible) so I wasn't drinking. They all came back to ours and I decided to have a glass of wine - and left most of it. It tasted really odd. Long may that continue ....

Nelli

Hehe good for you chick! Gosh everyone must be busy - I've been in Cheltenham the last 2 days but no-one else has posted during that time! Must be getting ready for Christmas! Well I have decided to restart CD tomorrow morning (Christmas Eve) as I am sick of eating and I still am nowhere near goal. So enough messing about - now I know I NEED to do this properly. SS to goal, then up the steps... it's the only way I'm going to get to goal and stay there!

Here goes! xxx

Hi Ladies! Gawd I have had a bad hangover today! Works do last night - had turkey and veg (but not much as it was rank!) then drank some wine - not loads but felt crappy today..unlike on holiday when it was fine.

Anyway finally on holiday from lunchtime tomorrow. Can't wait!

Nelli - I wish I had that reaction to wine! Luckily we're going to start trying for a kid again soon so that'll be me off the sauce!
WannaB - Christmas eve? You do know that's a little bit crazy? But I suppose if you are motivated and just want to get on with it - why not?

Hehe yep maybe I am crazy but I really am fed up of eating!! Sorry to hear you dont feel to great today... self-inflicted tho so no sympathy :D hehe!! xxx

Hi Ladies
Had to go to lunch today and there wasn't much choice for a veggie so I had a cauliflower thing and salad - no wine.

I am not sure how long the aversion to wine will last Claire, so I better make the most of it. I am already scared with the bits I have been eating and don't know if I should be weighing every day or staying off the scales eeek.

Well done on your resolution Wannabe - even if it is a bit early for New Year - but good luck with ss'ing over Christmas.

Oh well, back to more wrapping.

Nelli

PS A little voice in the back of my head is saying that after eating - albeit small bits and pieces, maybe the weightloss will speed back up again.

Hi Ladies - and a very merry Christmas to ya! I hope you all have a wonderful time.

Nelli - I know that a bit of food does speed things up for some people. Fingers crossed!
WannaB - How's it going? Are you SS-ing?
WillB, Hypa, Katie - Happy Christmas Ladies!

I'm off to my Mum's tomorrow so see you on the other side of Christmas! xxx

Merry christmas team,

I'm glad to say its one christmas meal gone and one more to go tonight. Then from the 5th January everyone else will be like us getting slimmer!

I'm not sure if we are posting team results this week, but I've lost 4lbs if we are. (This is unofficial as I'm not seeing my CDC for a month over the xmas hol)

Have a good day everyone!

Will b slim
x

Hi Folks

Hope you all had a great Christmas and that Santa was good to everyone.

I also hope that everyone was better than me. I had two dinners - one on Christmas Eve and then another yesterday. I also managed to drink some wine though still off my old favourite "white zin" which I used to be able to drink like water.

This morning I am quaffing the water, and actually looking forward to just my packs. Haven't weighed myself either and really think I will wait until Tuesday as I am sure I have put some on with the goings on of the past week :(

We have guests coming for the next few days, but I am determined to be good between now and when we go on holiday - otherwise I will be out of control by the time we get back.

Nelli

Hi guys,

Well Christmas is over, and no, lol, before you ask, I didn't SS. I decided to wait rather than put myself through the withdrawal symptoms over Christmas, and I am restarting on Monday. Am dead ready though and can't wait to start losing the lbs again.

I was quite good though - this Christmas was not how I would normally behave eating-wise. I had a big breakfast (unhealthy) at about 10.30am, then we had 'lunch' which was also tea, at about 3.30pm. I didn't eat between meals (first difference, as I would normally eat loads of choccies etc before we even got to lunch). For Christmas dinner, I only had 2 really tiny potatoes and couldnt eat what was on my plate, so I didn't force myself! (second difference, as I used to eat as much as I physically could!). Dessert, well I ACTUALLY had plenty of room as I hadn't overeaten on the mains, so I had a SMALL (difference no. 3!) portion, and thoroughly enjoyed it!

I didn't drink at all (difference no.4) which saved me a lot of cals, and I didn't eat anything after dinner. Needless to say I felt pretty good, comfortable and in no way bloated, for the first time in years!!

Boxing Day was a big trial as my in-laws-to-be always lay on a big buffet. But I felt motivated and stuck to the healthiest options available, lots of salad etc. I drank but it was only 4 (small) voddies with diet coke, so the best I could have gone for really.

Anyhoo, that's Christmas done! I do feel I have gained a bit but that will soon come off when I get back on SS on Monday!

Will come back to report in a while as I'm sorta taking a break from the rest of Minis at the mo. If you don't hear from me, pls send me a msg and my hotmail will notify me! Thanks :)

And just in case I'm not around before then.... HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! xxx

Hi ladies! Happy Christmas! Congrats on all doing so well.

Christmas wasn't too bad for me. Have stuck to my shakes and an Atkins type tea, drank wine (very nice but not too much) and am down 3 pounds! LOL First Christmas ever!

Anyway next day on that routine is New Years Eve otherwise I'm good as gold from now on. Any other weigh ins or it is just me and WillB?

Back