Team 14 - Scream if you wanna go faster! - Official Thread

Hi Ladies. It's my weigh in tonight and I'm looking at - yes you guessed it - 0! I think we are going to have to have a serious chat about moving up to 810 or 1000.

Nelli - Poor you! No don't leave. We're a gang. You stick by us, we'll stick by you.
Devoted - Good on you for sticking with it - yes the cold is awful but by day 5 you are through the worst of the other side effects. Can't wait for your weigh in results!

Hi claire,

i am sorry your having another -0 week after all that effort you have been putting in. Maybe 810 or 1000 will shack your body up abit so you begin losing weight again. I hope you do start losing weight again after all you have put a lot of effort into it hun. Big hugs anna xxx

It is rough for the first few weeks but usually once your in ketosis you start feeling somewhat better. The trick is to drink loads of water the more you drin the less the symptoms are. Seriously I didn't beleive it but when i increased to 3-4 litres a day instead 2 the headaches etc soon went.stick with it though:D

Keep going Devoted! Hypa is right - it does get easier and the bad symptoms go.

Having said that ;) I'm here to report a 1 pound loss. My CDC says she's never known anyone with such a stubborn body. I suppose it means I'll never starve in a famine! Anyway she's put me up to 1000. I hope that means I can still be in the team? We're going to see how it goes then I might drop back down in a few weeks.

To be honest I'm in heaven but we'll see what happens to the weightloss. Have asked the mods if I can stay in the team. I am hoping to still lose.

Hey guys, just wanted to say I've had a really bad week for a multitude of reasons and I crumbled. But I have planned to restart on Monday (I've got a thing about starting on Mondays!! Seems to work for me :)) and I'm going to skip WI on Monday as have enough packs for another week. So I won't have a loss to report this Monday but am hoping to have shifted any glycogen weight gained this week and some extra by a week on Monday, so fingers crossed!

Not feeling too great at the moment as it's TOTM, I've got a virus AND work has been really stressful. I'm so close to goal now that I decided a week 'off' wouldn't be too bad as long as it's only one week to get all this out of the way and then back on track 100%.

xxx

Mornin! Don't worry WannaB, its obvious that you are not a quitter - just get back on the wagon. You are SO nearly there! Sorry things are stressful for you.

I'm down 2 pounds today! This despite being on 1000 cals. I think that I'm finally losing that water and it's balancing out the glycogen that's going back on. I have been looking into calorie cycling - where you never give your body a chance to get used to the number of calories and I think that's what I'm going to have to do.

This latest plateau is the second one I've hit - I did a calorie counting diet where I lost 3 stone then plateaued for 6 months! I realise now that my body just adjusts to the number of calories.

So I'm presuming I'll need to drop down again at some point but I am happy to stay where I am for now.

hi ladies had my weigh in and lost 4lbs this week:)

have a good week all xx

Well done on the losses & I hope you feel better for your restart Monday WannaB. Not far till target now hun.

I weighed in this morning and for my first week I'm 5 pounds off. I had hoped for more but my body is always reluctant to give the weight away in the first week.

Can't wait till next Sundays weigh in now x

Hi guys -

Wow well done all of you - Slaterslady and Devoted, great losses! Coley, thank goodness the scales are moving for you at long last, I think your plan to calorie cycle is a good one and will probably work for you looking at your past plateau problems.

Well, I'm still feeling shocking and am gutted that I'm going to have to give the wedding fayre I was due to go to with friends today a miss. I'm wrapped up all warm in front of the telly with plenty of fluids and tissues. Think I'm going to find tomorrow quite difficult going back to no food, but I know I need to do this to make sure I get to goal and stay there, so it's mind over matter!!

Wish me luck! xxx

Hi All

Didn't fall off the face of the earth - we just decided that since we'd had such a stressful week we'd take the dogs and head to our bolt hole. It was cold, wet and windy but once we got the heating on it at least warmed up indoors. The dogs got filthy in the mud - but they loved it.
I can start ss'ing again now (my decision - as no more tablets to take), so joining you tomorrow on Day 1 Wannabe - I need to get on with it.
Sorry you are not feeling great - there is a lot of sickness about. Hopefully you'll have a better February, I know that I'm not the only person happy that we have turned our backs on January.
Claire, what you are saying about calories makes perfect sense though I hadn't heard of it before. I had the same problem with not losing before Christmas (you'll no doubt remember, I moaned enough about it :))
Well done everyone else who is sticking with this crazy programme.

Nelli

Hey Nelli hun :) yay a fellow restarter! Glad to hear you had fun with the dogs and made the decision to get back on SS with me!

Well, we have about 5 inches of snow here and I am still ill, so have called in sick in the hope that I might be well enough to go in tomorrow if I rest today. I've developed a nasty dirty cough and am just hoping it isn't an infection :( but anyhoo, I texted my CDC to tell her about my not going to WI tonight and she was cool with it so that's good! I'm hoping that this week off may end up giving me a bit of a boost. My scales show a 5lb gain which will be off within 3-4 days I expect, and I'm hoping that where my weightloss had slowed right down before the 'break', this boost in calories may give me the kickstart I need to finally get to goal - like with you Coley, sometimes our metabolism needs the calories to kickstart the loss again.

I've had a porridge this morning as my 'breakfast' and will probably have it for 'lunch' as well and then a soup for 'dinner' with plenty of tea and water in between. I find when restarting that the best thing is to have packs at conventional mealtimes, that way I don't feel like I'm missing anything, and being ill the porridge is a Godsend!!

So I'm tucked up in my PJs, dressing gown and blanket with the heating on, sat on the sofa in front of the telly, looking out at the snow outside and it's really beautiful fresh snow - lovely.

Just wish I could do some work from home but I don't have access to any of my stuff so there's not a lot I can do from here. It's a shame as I'm going to have so much to catch up on when I go back, and whilst I don't feel well enough to get up and out there, I could easily do some work on my PC here. Hey ho, tis more important I get well I spose!

Hope everyone has a good day - have you been affected by the snow?

xxxx

I'm loving the snow but it feels a million times colder when doing sole source, brr. My heating is set to 30. Thinking of you restarters, best of luck & be kind to yourself xx

Its snowy here in Yorkshire but not too bad. I drove into work fine. I'm hoping for 4 foot by tomorrow mornin! I've got wedding invites to write!

Devoted- You NEARLY won slimmer of the week across all teams last week! I was watching with bated breath but you were pipped at the post. You came second so yay to you!!!
WannaB - I do think this calorie cycling has something going for it - if things are slowing down. Anyway I hope it works out for you and you feel better soon.
Nelli - That sounds like a lovely weekend to me - out in the middle of nowhere. Can I come next time ? ;)

Well I'm still happy on my 1000 calories and looking at a 2 pound loss this week. Fingers crossed. Oh and I checked and I can still stay in the team - though I promise you I'm not going to talk about food. x

Back