***Team 2 CD W8 Warrior Princesses!***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our private lives have such an impact on our eating habits dont they.... but I guess one day we get hold of the reigns, when the time is right... well good luck on your restart into ketosis....
I had a peek on your gallery and the difference is amazing, you must feel like a new woman already.....
does ketosis really make a big difference then? maybe Ill find out tomorrow ( fingers crossed)
by the way Im Fi...
Has everyone else done a runner now chatterbox has joined lol ?

You find that people sometimes don't post for days, I check the thread daily but if nobody has posted since my last post its a bit pointless posting to myself lol

For ages I didn't see the weightloss even though my clothes size had dropped, its getting more noticeable now I guess, especially to people that haven't seen me for ages :eek:

And yes ketosis does make a big difference, it stops you feeling hungry, stops the horrible carb headache! and you normally find you have more energy too, does have side effects though, I had foul dog breath for the first few weeks and constipation which I cure by taking psyllium husk capsules ;)

My wee man is at school WOOHOO!

I have a bowl of CD porridge, a cuppa and a quiet house! Only downer is my PC won't boot so I'm having to post from my phone.............

Aquacise in an hour, then my brows waxed and a pedicure, all is well in my world ;-))

Has everyone else done a runner now chatterbox has joined lol ?

Lol. I've been hiding, I got weighed today and I only had a 7.5 lb weight loss in my first week (6 day week) would it be ok to count tomorrows weigh in as my first week instead? I guess I expected more :cry:

exp107 - Just looked at your pics, what a difference!:party0011: Good luck with getting back into it!

7.5lbs is fab SF! I only lost 6.5lbs in my first week and that was a full 7 days!

Tomorrow WI is what will go towards this weeks team challenge anyway SF, as its on a Sunday so I need everyone's WI results for the week by the latest 3pm on a Sunday afternoon :D

Exp, I dont think Ive hit ketosis yet, or if I have Im unaware....as for constipation, I seem to have the exact oposite (TMI) lol.....So how many days into "heading for ketosis" are you this time? Sounds like you have quite a pamper day going on... peace eh! lol.....
SF, I think your loss is great, if you pick up that in sugar thats still amazing for 6 days! and like you say another day may have lost you a few more if you are carrying fluid, maybe next week you'll loose even more with that extra day.... dont be despondent hun....
Exp, my first weigh in is not til Monday, so will not be able to contribute til next week....

Well Im feeling really low today ( and there was me waiting for the ketosis high!)
Really have struggled but have taken it an hour at a time, not so much hunger just the mind having the "whats the point" attitude and feeling all sorry for myself, deprived and starving lol... my rational head is putting up a good onslaught, telling me the right way to think but tis a battle today :(

Ketosis aside Fi the mind is a funny thing and you do get low points on this and any other diet, the best thing to do is relax and just think of how great you'll feel when the weight has gone, have a bit of you time :) the first few days are definitely hard and it takes time and determination to not seek solace in food. As for the bowel situation its probably your body adjusting to a liquid only diet and should clear up shortly, I didn't get constipated til I started eating the bars.

As for myself now Tom is back at school I want to drop back down the plans to SS+ again I am fully expecting the headache to start in the next 24hrs and I am armed with the co-codamol ;) I have another 5ish stone to shift :eek:

thanx exp.... I know we eat for emotional reasons so as soon as anything goes wrong its hand in the bag for an excuse isnt it...... thing is I know my health is bad for my age, thats the one thing Im holding onto.. I had an AWFUL addiction to ( dont laugh) mcdonalds bacon roll with latte and three hash browns (imagine the toxins!!).. and had one every single morning nearly for the last 2-3 years ( I know unbelievable) but I did, I know its silly but also I have much too much salt . People are always saying to me " are you having a meal with that salt?" and such like... so its more than just a diet I need to rid myself of these addictions along side the food and its so not easy...... and I keep telling myself I ahve got through todays low without seeking for for solace as you say...

So youve just restarted SS then? do the headaches tend to come everytime even if youve only had a day or two of food?
Hey I know you feel you have a way to go but your well past the half way mark! bet you didnt forsee that before last Christmas...... your very inspirational...

I didn't get the headache when I first started the diet, but did the last time I got myself into ketosis so have the painkillers handy just in case! :eek: Having been up to over 21st and knowing how crap that felt, how restrictive is was both physically, mentally and clothing wise too! :eek: being determined I never want to go there again keeps me going, my Dad had a heart attack in his mid forties and I don't want to be in the same position, also having a child with so many issues means I have to be fit and healthy for him :)

I only lost 6.5lbs in my first week and that was a full 7 days!
Really? Well that makes me feel much better cos you've lost loads of weight! How you finding the first day back on?

Well Im feeling really low today ( and there was me waiting for the ketosis high!)
Really have struggled but have taken it an hour at a time, not so much hunger just the mind having the "whats the point" attitude and feeling all sorry for myself, deprived and starving lol... my rational head is putting up a good onslaught, telling me the right way to think but tis a battle today

I dont seem to have got the high everyones talking about either. My CDC asked if I wanted some ketostix but I said no because I was peed off about the weigh in, wish I had now!

Sorry you're having a rough day, are you on your 4th day? I think the first 4 were the worst for me, although my mood seems to be constantly up and down since I started this diet. "whats the point" the point is you owe it to yourself to stick with this, imagine how proud you'll feel after a few weeks on this diet! :D .. Having said that - I've felt the same every day! lol.

Heres a bit about me, Im 44 and happily married, my two daughters are now all grown up....
Ive battled with the weight most of my life and am aware its down to emotional eating, I did try this SS once before but caved in after day 3.... this time Im determined....

Forgot to give any info about me. I'm 24, just got out of a 4 year relationship so living in a big house alone! Perfect time for this diet because I dont know how you ladies resist when you've got kids or the OH living with you. I'm a typical yo-yo dieter. I've been as small as a size 8 and managed to stay there for a while before I left my physical job - I cant wait to be back there! It obviously doesnt change everything, but the confidence I got from being smaller was pretty amazing, anyway I'm going on!

I didn't get the headache when I first started the diet, but did the last time I got myself into ketosis so have the painkillers handy just in case! :eek: Having been up to over 21st and knowing how crap that felt, how restrictive is was both physically, mentally and clothing wise too! :eek: being determined I never want to go there again keeps me going, my Dad had a heart attack in his mid forties and I don't want to be in the same position, also having a child with so many issues means I have to be fit and healthy for him :)

Those are really good reasons and you've done so well already. Right now I guess I mainly want to lose the weight for superficial reasons (dont tell anyone lol)

Evening all, welcome to all the newbies! Sorry I've not been on for a while, life has been hectic to say the least!

I lost 3lbs this week, whihc takes me to 2lbs off goal for my fertility treatment, my appointment is tomorrow morning, so I'm wondering if they will forget the 2lbs, I certainly hope so!

CONGRATULATIONS RUTH!!! I can't see 2lbs being a problem, so full staem ahead for you I reckon!!
I'm still here, I try and pop in everyday but depends what I am working, stoopid shifts!!!
I didn't get a headache or anything nasty when I started, it was almost too easy!! Got bad dog breath though but smoking doesn't help! And now my bowels have settled down which is a very good thing, but until a couple of days ago it was really BAD!!! So I am happy with that!
Tried my first bar yeaterday, very nice, don't want too many of them though, one or two a week is just fine!

Forgot to ask, how do I look at piccies, can't seem to find any!
I get weighed Sunday morning so I will give you my losses before I go to work!

Well done on the 3lbs Ruth and I'm sure the 2lb off goal will be fine, its only 2 pints of fluid ;) And good luck for tomorrow :)

Phoenix you need 50 post or more to view pics, when you have the posts you just click on the profile albums link under the users avatar ;)

Aha! That'll be why then, guess I better talk some more! Might burn a few calories while I'm at it! LOL!

I find the word games in the CD Forum are good for bumping up your post count ;)

Your right exp, it is so restricting in many ways... Ive got the height and width problem I find it hard to get clothes to fit my height never mind my girth lol....

SF glad your feeling better about your weight...yes Im on my 4th day, but have just spoke to counsellor and she thinks it may be an idea to do the step 2 for a while as Im so miserable and then maybe go back to SS when Im more into it....so will decide tomoz..must admit your right its harder for me in the evening when my youngest daughter and my hubby are eating.. in the day when Im alone I have found it easier ( not easy but easier lol)

RuthG.... good luck with your fertility treatment, can I ask what sort your having.. I was on clomid for a good while last year, but have had to give up as they put me on high dose and it caused all sorts of probs and made me very ill, and with PCOS Im having to forget my dream and accept.. but secretly hoping for a miracle if my weight all comes off.. Im no youngster so if Im not caught by 45 I'll stop dreaming. Good luck with appointment.

Ptears...I have the smoking issue too, and thats my next goal after weight loss and looking forward to tetris bars on week 3.

Ooh might look at the word games

I quit smoking 4yrs ago May gone :D

Fi I have always done SS+ or 810 don't think I could cope with SS :eek: I get 4 meals a day which I have as brekkie, lunch, dinner and evening snack :)

Morning ladies, hope everyone is having a good day, and a big good luck to RuthG for this mornings appt :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back