Team 27 - Weight to go team- The CD Returners

hi everyone how's it going? its far too hot to work, the kids at school are finding it tough too, there is so much glass in the building and every room seems to get far too hot especially those with computers in.

diet wise doing okay, been doing 810 for a couple of days but plan to go back to ss+ and get back into ketosis and get rid of this last stone or so.

Wez I bet your little ones are finding the heat hard to cope with. glad you're having a good day

I went to the gym today but it was far to hot to go on the running machines/treadmills etc even though the air conditioning was on so I wenr swimming instead

Puggy, my daughter wants to go to Newcastle uni to study Law, but she needs 3 A's which she should get but you never know so her back up uni is Dundee, either way she says she'll be by the sea! I wouldn't worry too much about your son I'm sure he'll do fine, boys generally don't appear to be as interested as girls in the work, but they do well,

Hi all

so sorry for my poor posting. Quite a lot going on at the moment in my personal life, just like everyone but my weight loss moved from the top of my list of priorities

Well i had 2 interviews in the end, one was cancelled as they realised they didn't have the money in the budget for the position. THe other two well, one was awful just awful i knew i didn't get the job. i was in the interview room and just wanted the ground to swallow me up, it was so bad it was comical. THe other one, i didn't get the job but received great feedback and they said they couldn't fault me but the person that they gave the job to had just a bit more experience than me. I came 2nd out of 50 so not bad. They have however asked to keep me on file for the next 12months should another position come up, which I suppose is good. But still no job I am having a break from looking at the moment and just trying to concentrate on my family and weight loss. I also had an exam on tuesday which was from 10-4 so the build up to that had me like a nervous wreck and I ate. I am now 12st 3lb, 3 1/2lb weight gain since my last post i can't believe it as i was 'just in the 11s' :eek:( but i am trying as hard as i can.

ANyway enough about me

Welcome Puggy, hope you are doing ok

Trisha - so sorry to hear about your friend, take it easy

Wez - thanks for the email and checking up on me, hope things are well with you

where is everyone else

Oh has anyone tried boxercise, i want to start it up again on thurs after doing it years ago.

Welcome back Miss M. Being kept on file is a good thing, you never know. Interviews are a 2 way process, did you like it there?
3.5lbs is a tiny gain if you have been eating. Are you ss now? I've never done boxercise, I did boxing as part of circuit training but it was only for a min and my arms ached. Hope it goes well.

It was so hot last night, we actually had windows open and fan on and baby was in her nappy. She slept till 6 so I'm glad she wasn't suffering. It is a lot fresher today.
After having the nuts on Wed, I had no gain on Thurs and then today +2lbs, aargh. That had better be gone tomorrow. Drank lots but was nibbling on cheese & meat. I know a slow loss is my own fault but it is so frustrating: the cd diet, not eating, not losing fast enough....... just not making my own choices.

hi miss m, sorry about the job, its so hard having interviews, I've been for a couple recently,(the first in 10 years) on the first one I was so nervous I was a stuttering wreck, and although I knew the answer couldn't get it across properly. The second one was better, but like you it went to someone with more recent experience of the age group (its was in a childrens centre working with under 5s, I work with high school kids).

What is boxercise? they have it advertised at my gym, but I don't want to look like a fool, becasue I've no idea what to do?

Wez I'm the same I'm fine at work but keep nibbling at crackers and cheese when I get home aargh my hubby says to stop buying them, as he can do without them, but there are still several different packets in the house might have to throw them away!

aw 2lb gain, Wez, it will come off by sunday probably.
Is everyone really struggling at the moment? I don't know what it is, I think i find it hard as i am at home, if i was at work i would be a little more distracted. I find myself picking at my sons food when he doesn't finish it as i had to see food waste. I had 3 litres of water today and picked on his food. I want to do better tomorrow but hubby has just told me that one of his old friends has invited us to a BBQ and the family are the type that would get seriously offended if we don't eat. I wanted to say i wouldn't go but i have never met them and they really want to meet my husbands family. I'll just have meat and salad if i really have to eat.

I really want to get to 10 stone by the august bank holiday as i have a wedding, it would be a stone off of my goal but i just want to lose the weight now, i have exactly 8 weeks from tomorrow until the wedding.

Boxercise - it depends where you go. At fitness first it was a bit like Tae Bo aerobics with speed bag motions a few kicks and punches. But at this gym where i want to go it is a lot more like boxing and circuit training. We wear boxing gloves and have those pads to hit our partner with. It is really tough going but I need time to myself now after spending nearly 18mths at home. It is tough going as you skip as well but i enjoy it. Mind you i did it when i was a lot lighter so i don't know how i will fear up now.

you should try it you never know you may like it.

Trisha - hope you find work soon, it is so hard out there.

thanks miss m. I have a job at the moment but want to change as I feel I have been at the same place for too long, and I dont want to stay there forever (or until I retire lol) the thought is just too depressing and the longer I leave it the harder it will get. I might give the boxercise class a go the guy thats doing the class is the trainer taht set my exercise programme at the gym, so might ask him about it. go to the bbq and stick to chicken/meat and salad that way the won't be offended, and maybe offer to drive then you can explain why you arn't drinking (thats if you don't want to tell them about cd)

What a great day for a bbq, temptation is hard especially in company. I agree with you both, meat and green salad but watch out for hidden dressings on them.
I want to lose 2 stone in 8 weeks too as that is the week I return to work. Aaargh. No, it'll be fine. I am really looking forward to being back at work on one hand as I know it is part-time but on the other hand, I don't want to return with blubber. My weight loss is slow but that 2lbs came off today (yes, I weighed again today) so I am hoping to lose more for official wi with cdc on Monday. Of course, only way for that to happen is to be 100% for the next 2 days. I have been trampolining for 30 mins today as my exercise effort has been non-existent and you two are so keen. Trisha, you are doing so well with exercise, you must be feeling pretty toned even if the scales are slow to move, do you notice a difference with how your clothes fit?
Really looking forward to this week as we booked dd out of nursey for a week's holiday (although we still have to pay 1/2 as a retainer) and we are planning day trips like legoland whilst the schools are still going on so should be quieter. Also, the bonus should be that I'll be busy so not picking at the fridge. I agree Miss M that being at home makes this diet hard especially when the little ones eat and leave bits on their plate, like nutella on toast, I chuck it out for the birds but it isn't easy.
We are going to another funday today at the park in the city, it has a bouncy castle and kid's entertainer and is free, it's 12-3 so, as the sun is just starting to break now, it should be great.

Anyone else having a problem with hairloss? For the past few weeks mine is constantly falling out. Today I left it to dry after washing it and it looks so limp, no bald patches or anything. Thank goodness for straightners to add oomph to the roots.

I have had no problem with hair loss, in fact it's in really good condition and hairdresser says it must be the diet ( she doesn't know about cd thinks I'm doing low carb - which isn't exactly a lie). I am feeling more toned and clothes fit better, and even though I put on a couple of lbs the clothes are looser, tried an exercise class at the gym today, I'd done half and hour on the treadmill climber, then did my weights and saw a load of women going into one of the studios, so went to look and it was a dancercise class so I gave it a go, its was quite hard, I've got no co-ordination, but it was fun, its on again on wednesday so I'll go again, the class was for an hour, then I went swimming - how good am I? one of the women said I should have stayed for the class straight after the dancercise, its a toning one with weights and she said it is really good with quick results so think I might try that as well.

Wez sounds like you've got a fun week planned, still only 2 weeks left at school for me, we are all counting the "get ups" and can't wait, neither can the kids, one of the children I support constantly asks " how many more days at school before the holidays" he must ask me at least 3 times a day.

I agree its really hard to stick to the diet when you are at home,all day at work I'm fine, its when I get home the picking starts, I need a lock on the fridge and cracker tin, I think its the only way to stop me.

I better go and get on with the housework, through staying at the gym for the extra class I'm way behind, hubby is at work and Emma is away with her friends, so should be able to get on with it without any interuptions

A quick hello

Hello all,

just a quick note to touch base.
Sorry I have not been around for the last 2 days but had to travel to in-laws at short notice (father-in-law ill) and no access to the internet.

We have just got back. I managed to stay reasonably on track. Weighed myself just a moment ago and have lost 6lbs which I pleased with because that is in 6 days and also I ususally weigh myself first thing and can easily be 2-3lbs heavier by the afternoon.

Anyway, I have to go but will be back to full messaging on Monday. So will speak to you all then

I hope all is well with you guys and the diets are going well.

Hello Miss M - thanks for the welcome

Puggy X

Hi WEz

I've suffered hair loss with the cambridge- I added a multi vitamin tablet daily and drink 4 litres of water. I alternate between drying naturally and only hair dry in an emergency. I only use my straightners once a week and it's slowed down considerably. Best of luck x

hi wez sorry to be late with wi results 1 lb gain:cry::cry:still afte the wek I've had not totally unexpected

Hi All,

Well my days are my own now and there is no need for me to be away from home now.

how are you doing today?

I had my official weigh in this morning (on my scales) and have lost 8lbs. Really pleased but now have a very, very strong urge to celebrate by eating a bag of nuts which have been begging to be eaten all week.

I am going to get out of the house to keep mself busy and out of trouble.

I hope you are all doing ok today.

Speak soon
Puggy

Well done Puggy, what a great start.
It was only a 1lbs loss for me. I was talking to my cdc about how fed up I am with a small loss and she suggested I took a break and went to a low fat diet. I really don't want that so she insisted I added a small salad meal to boost my metabolism. Well, it didn't work last time I did it but no point in being sceptical. I know an exercise increase will help dramatically. Ohh, I just want the weight gone.

Didn't enter the team this week as we didn't have 3 losses. We are missing Naz and Iwant2beslim for a 3rd week, shall we advertise?

Well done Puggy, what a great start.
It was only a 1lbs loss for me. I was talking to my cdc about how fed up I am with a small loss and she suggested I took a break and went to a low fat diet. I really don't want that so she insisted I added a small salad meal to boost my metabolism. Well, it didn't work last time I did it but no point in being sceptical. I know an exercise increase will help dramatically. Ohh, I just want the weight gone.

Didn't enter the team this week as we didn't have 3 losses. We are missing Naz and Iwant2beslim for a 3rd week, shall we advertise?

Thanks Wez.

Have you decided on how you are going to continue with your diet. Did your CDC want you to go on SS + or completely come off CD? Perhaps your body mind & soul needs to have a couple of weeks of feeling it has permission to eat a regular healthy meal rather than the odd cheat and feeling bad afterwards. You may find you reach goal sooner if you have a brief break from SSing.

Looking at your stats you have done sooooo well in such a short period of time, it must be really frustating particularly when you have the added objective of wanting the weight gone by Sept. If your metabolism has lowered is there anyway you could up your excercise - do you use a pedometer? I am thinking that I do not have the energy for a fierce workout but if I get a pedometer and try and increase the amount I walk each day.

Like you I want the weight to just go.....

Re. the team numbers:- it would be nice to have a couple more to make up the numbers etc but, as I am new - you, Trisha and Ms M should decide on whether you invite new members or wait to see if the others return.

Speak soon
Puggy

She suggested I came off completely and follow a low fat diet for a while to boost metabolism but my mind was screaming NNNNOOOOO! at the suggestion. I know CD works, I know I have to be 100% and up my exercise but the day to day reality just cuts me short sometimes and I just crave a new taste rather than water or flavouring during the day. I do not want to do a low fat diet because even though the weight isn't shifting I am sure the inches are. I have spent a week in size 12 trousers which all are partly elasticated at the waist as they are just summer crops and I can put my legs into my work trousers but they won't do up as they are more tailored. Being nearly 12 & half stone I should be a comfortable 14 but don't have any in my wardrobe - only maternity or 12s. I don't want to jeopardise my journey by gaining weight because I ate food.
I did used to have a pedometer, that is a good idea, I could dig it out and check my progress.

Well you sure sound determined Wez. So this week we shall both SS 100% and come up with a good number for ourselves and the team (fingers crossed).

I am going to make a point of walking as much as possible because I do have a habit of getting in the car when I could in fact walk.

hi everyone I'm with you on the ss% Wez and Puggy. Wez I wouldn't be tempted to go onto low fat diet, when you read other posts on minimims, people who go off cd before reching goal seem to put on weight and it is so hard to get back into cd.

I too moan about not losing much, but if I am honest I haven't done cd properly for months, picking here and there all adds up, but like you the inches are shifting. I had been keeping a record myself of weight loss,and had a look back at it this morning when I did cd properly - no cheating - the weight came off quickly, it was a bit of a shock to see how much my constant nibbling and picking has affected my weight loss, I've been kidding myself it wouldn't make much difference, but it does. So I'm back on ss and I am determined to stick to it, no ss+ for me because that gives me the excuse to eat "extras" and kid myself that they are part of the plan. I should have been at goal at Christmas I am so mad at myself for wasting the past 6 months. I think more exercise is the answer, I walk whenever I can, and I now go to the gym. It is harder for you Wez with a baby and a young Child, but walking more should help, and I bet you never sit still when the children are up and about,

as for the team, could we not pm Naz and Iwantto be slim and see if they still want to be in the team?

Last edited:
hi everyone, It was my friends funeral today, it was really sad, but a lovely service, her daughter gave a lovely eulogy, which brought tears to most peoples eyes.

On a lighter note I have managed to stay 100% for 2 days 1 more to go and I should be back in ketosis or at least well on my way there.

I've sent off for some job details at primary schools which is something I'm interested in and also a special school that covers al ages for nursery to sixth form, will have to read the job spec when they come.

hope everyone is having a good day.

Back