Team 8 - GR8 M8s losing W8 - Official Thread :o))))

Hi guys,
My back is much improved thanks but I am still taking it easy. I went to WI and lost 7lb this week.

There was a sale and I was just walking past - I was just checking!

Hey, as long as you like it missus, and as you said it mauve and girly, so thats brill and I'm only teasing ya ;)

Hi guys,
My back is much improved thanks but I am still taking it easy. I went to WI and lost 7lb this week.

:wee: Congrats missus, right now your top of the leaderboard for a star...roll on Sunday before I can close of the scores eh! ;)

Team 8 - GR8 M8s losing W8 (Week 1)

BBlilsis- 185 to 182.5 = -2.5 = -1.35%
Doubledumpling- 284 to ?= -? = -?% (Post Op Leave)
Randomgurl- 194 to ?= -? = -?% (waiting on 2009 results)
Shadaca- 210 to 207 = -3 = -1.43%
Surfhunny- 179 to 176 = -3 = -1.68%
Yasmine-Samara- 383 to 376 = -7 = -1.83%

Team total so far - 1435 to 1419.5 = -15.5= - 1.08 %

(
2568d1219874696-team-7-fat-fighters-main-thread-star.bmp
individual team winner,
2999d1226167441-pink-star-pink-star.bmp
individual challenge winner)

DD and RG, if your lurking close by, can you come and let us know if your still interested in being part of the team, I want you to stay, but I need you's to post your scores at least once a week to show us your still out there :gen126:

050719-19-23060.jpg

This one - but mauve!

its lovely missus, and guess what, mauve is one of my favourite colours, yep I know, you'd never have guessed if I hadn't owned up :giggle:

Mauve rocks big time.

I've also just been to new look and they have £5 jeans in the sale so I bought a 16 and a 14 - scary cheese. Atleast I know I've got something to wear!

I may go back and get more - I didn't realise that they would be that cheap.

I also bought a jumper from top shop. It's a wonder woman hoodie. I think by the time I fit into it I'll be qualified to wear it.

How you guys doing?

hi everyone sorry not been on in a while but with xmas and treatment ive not been up too much but thought it only fair to say hi.

after talking to docs im not going to be doing cambridge for a long time and i will still posted on here and chat when up too it but think it only fair u look for someone new for the scores and that

hope ur all doing well and still losing im going to work my way through all the old post to see whats been happening xxx

DD ~ it's Lovely to hear from you. How's the treatment going? I hope you are doing ok. We'll let you go - but you must stay and keep us posted on how you are my lovely.

hi everyone sorry not been on in a while but with xmas and treatment ive not been up too much but thought it only fair to say hi.

after talking to docs im not going to be doing cambridge for a long time and i will still posted on here and chat when up too it but think it only fair u look for someone new for the scores and that

hope ur all doing well and still losing im going to work my way through all the old post to see whats been happening xxx

Hi DD, real glad to see ya pop in, your always always welcome on our team, but we'll accept your resignation for now, you can be our honourary member :gen126:

Keep coming in and let us know how your getting on with your treatment and life in general, hows the lovelife, last time we spoke you were having hot dates with a new guy ;)

hot dates with new guy well hes an ex theres hasnt been any more hot dates as such just some nice meals in and a very good friend with everything going on i thought he would run to the hills and told him i didnt want anything to heavy and he was fine about it. he comes to every hospital appiontment and sits there for hours while i have treatment reading the paper to me (im not in the news lol) but its very sweet he takes me out when im down and does the most stupid things to cheer me up my mum loves him shes cant believe how much hes changed hes fab so glad we got back in tough lol

everything else is a mess but not thinking about it im very lucky to have great friends and family and without them i dont know where i would be im just thinking about get well again and going from there

hope everyone else ok

hot dates with new guy well hes an ex theres hasnt been any more hot dates as such just some nice meals in and a very good friend with everything going on i thought he would run to the hills and told him i didnt want anything to heavy and he was fine about it. he comes to every hospital appiontment and sits there for hours while i have treatment reading the paper to me (im not in the news lol) but its very sweet he takes me out when im down and does the most stupid things to cheer me up my mum loves him shes cant believe how much hes changed hes fab so glad we got back in tough lol

Aww DD, he sounds like an absolute darling, I'm really happy he came back into your life like this, you deserve every bit of happiness you can get :gen126:

everything else is a mess but not thinking about it im very lucky to have great friends and family and without them i dont know where i would be im just thinking about get well again and going from there

hope everyone else ok

We're all grand, I'm just happy your back posting missus, but I do understand that you've got to dissappear off for time periods so no worries there :gen126:

Team 8 - GR8 M8s losing W8 (Week 1)

BBlilsis- 185 to 182.5 = -2.5 = -1.35%
Shadaca- 210 to 207 = -3 = -1.43%
Surfhunny- 179 to 176 = -3 = -1.68%
Yasmine-Samara- 383 to 376 = -7 = -1.83%
W1

2 x Vacancies

Team total so far - 1435 to 1419.5 = -15.5= - 1.08 %

(
individual team winner,
2999d1226167441-pink-star-pink-star.bmp
individual challenge winner)

Ok, DD has resigned from the team, and I'm resigning RG, as she hasn't posted in weeks regardless of how many times I've asked.

Ladies, I'm getting tired being the team leader, I have to do all the number crunching, all the posting, all the advertising, all the updating on the other weekly thread, and I'm tired of it.

Any volunteers for helping out sometimes would be greatly appreciated :eek:

Hey DD Great to hear from you again. I hope all your treatment is going well. Sounds like you've got a fantastic guy there.

BB I'm so crap at maths I struggle to work out my own losses week after week, I'm certainly not going to be any good at doing that, but I will advertise for new members if you want me to.

:sign0009:I need help girls, serious help:gen147:!!! I've well and truely lost my mojo:missing:. I'm 17lbs from target and struggling so much to get through even one day without cheating:doh:, which is so not like me. I think the problem is that I've got my new size 12 uniforms and they fit (snug, but they fit). I have no incentive to keep going, nothing to work towards and it's soooo very hard when that happens:badmood:. I really want to get to my target but it's just soooooooo hard. Where has my will power gone? Mojo is missing:missing::eatdrink051:

Hey DD Great to hear from you again. I hope all your treatment is going well. Sounds like you've got a fantastic guy there.

BB I'm so crap at maths I struggle to work out my own losses week after week, I'm certainly not going to be any good at doing that, but I will advertise for new members if you want me to.

Yep, its little things like advertising or finding new members, or if people could notice that I've not submitted the weekly scores, that they take it upon themselves to get on with it, and post them for me, it would take the pressure off me :p
:sign0009:I need help girls, serious help:gen147:!!! I've well and truely lost my mojo:missing:. I'm 17lbs from target and struggling so much to get through even one day without cheating:doh:, which is so not like me. I think the problem is that I've got my new size 12 uniforms and they fit (snug, but they fit). I have no incentive to keep going, nothing to work towards and it's soooo very hard when that happens:badmood:. I really want to get to my target but it's just soooooooo hard. Where has my will power gone? Mojo is missing:missing::eatdrink051:

Personally Sally, I think your time for SS is over, your so close to goal its just not feasible to expect your body to accept nil by mouth (chewing etc) can you not think of moving up to adding one small protein rich meal a day, SS+ or 810 or whatever its called.

It has the same type losses and at least you can start living a bit again, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think your still trying to do SS :p

Yeah I am still trying to SS, but it's been more like 810 cos I have been having cottage cheese or chicken on an evening. I'm going to talk to my CDC about it tomorrow night cos I think it's having these things that encourage the cheating in the first place. I wonder if I was actually doing SS properly, whether I'd still cheat, another part of me thinks that I'm self sabotaging, I used to do it on Slimming World..... hmmm Food for thought for sure.

Should I advertise for new teamies then?

Yeah I am still trying to SS, but it's been more like 810 cos I have been having cottage cheese or chicken on an evening. I'm going to talk to my CDC about it tomorrow night cos I think it's having these things that encourage the cheating in the first place. I wonder if I was actually doing SS properly, whether I'd still cheat, another part of me thinks that I'm self sabotaging, I used to do it on Slimming World..... hmmm Food for thought for sure.

Should I advertise for new teamies then?

How long have you being SSing for, its not meant to be a long term thing, anyhows speak to your CDC and see what she thinks, but if you allocated a certain amount of food per day then it wouldn't be cheating or sabotaging, I just know that I'm done with SS, my body just can't take it anymore, and I don't feel like i'm cheating, and I've managed to maintain through one of the longest periods of ill health and housebound boredom I've ever endured.

I love my shakes and bars and use them daily, but I can't convince you to do something I can no longer do myself, hopefully someone else will come along and push ya for SSing again :p

:giggle: if ya have to ask me will ya advertise, means I'm still at the "I may as well do it myself stage" anyhow I've put it on the ad agency place, I think i'm just burnt out with finding and keeping team members, submitting weekly scores, does anybody give a fiddlers anymore :confused: I'd quite happily just keep it between us and not bother posting the weekly stuff, and advertising, then peeps could just stay and pop in whenever :confused:

I've been at it for 4 months til December then haven't managed to get back on it since. I'm going to give it one last shot and then will have to have a real serious think.

As it happens after I posted the last one about advertising I went on to do it anyway and saw yours. I'm of the opinion that it's only really you me and Shads that have been taking it seriously regarding the competition part and it is a lot to ask so I'm all for scrapping the whole scores thing and just keep going with our team for moral support. What does anyone else think?

Last edited:
Hi,
Good luck to you all, I have a lot to lose too this is for CD dieters only?

Hi Lou, as Surfhunny has said, its not just Cambrigde and Lighterlife or Lipotrim are VLCDs so if ya want to join is then welcome.

(i'm the cranky Team leader, i'm not usually cranky, but i've been ill for a while now :giggle:)

We submit weight once a week, anytime between Thursday and Sunday, but you can submit for any day of the week, do you want to give your this weeks weight to me and I'll add you to the scoreboard and we'll use your next weeks loss as your first one :p

Back