Team 8 - GR8 M8s losing W8 - Official Thread :o))))

Hi girls seeing how you all are, well WW sucked big time! felt so poxy ill on it, so have cut my losses and started atkins today.

Miss you all and being on a team - hope your good, mwah!!!!

Thanks girls, yeah those photo's really do make it all worth while!!

Saraian, good luck with Atkins, it doesn't really matter how you get there, just so long as it suits you!!!

Hi there,

I just wanted to check if the place was still available in your team? If it is then count me in!!!!!
I got weighed last night and was 26st 12lb and I am doing CD ss.
I started today so I won't be getting my 1st WI 'til next tues.

Hi there,

I just wanted to check if the place was still available in your team? If it is then count me in!!!!!
I got weighed last night and was 26st 12lb and I am doing CD ss.
I started today so I won't be getting my 1st WI 'til next tues.

Woooo Hoooooo :bliss: welcome to our team Yasmine, I'll put you in as a new starter this week and we'll count your WI next tuesday for next weeks scores :gen126:

Hey hey!!!

Welcome! It's late so I won't stay long, but yay for new team members!

:welcome: to our team Yasmine-Samara!!!! Good luck with your first week.

Right girls, I've got a dilemma - it's not the biggest dilemma in the world but it's still a dilemma. Two weeks on Sunday I go to New York, so do I put my :xmastree:up on the Saturday before I go? So that it's all nice and Christmassy:109: when I get back? Or should I leave it till I get back and do it on the Sunday when I'm jetlagged and hungover from our works Christmas Do? I know which seems more appealling right now.....

I love the new smilies :33:!!!!!

Is it a real tree or a live in loft kind of tree...

I think I'd still put it up before I went if it is real actually, then it will be lovely and christmassy when you get back.

I love christmas!!!! put the treeeeeeee up now!

:smiley522:

my official weigh in...
Last week 213
This week 212
Loss 1lb

Due to life on tour, and being crap I have lost 1lb - but atleast I have my scales with me. Working in theatre is RUBBISH for CDing.

:party0036:

I am determined to be 14 stone by christmas, which is just over a stone away.

:47:

Yasmine - tell us about yourself, I'm Sharon, 28, stage manager currently on tour and struggling a bit. Like animals, and was addicted to diet coke! :eatdrink012:

What about you? How long you been doing this for? and what are your goals etc. Are you new to the team thing or have you seen the light and come to us because we are obviously the best team in the world?!!!

:D

XXX

It's a live in the loft type tree, so realistically I could put it up before I go...:smiley1842:
Woo hoo, so excited, last year we went for Thanksgiving and it was a little bit Christmassy then so it's going to be amazing this year. CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!:4616:

A lb is a lb, so long as it's in the right direction it's great!!! There's 5 weeks left to Christmas and I still need to lose a stone too. But I'm going to be hampered by a week in NYC so will prob have to be extra good when I get back.

I'm nights tonight grrr, I forgot to get rid of my shift so a night shift in the middle of my week off is not great boo:booboo:.

Just to le toyu know ive lost 2lbs in the last two days!

(sorry i am a old member but cant join as im doing atkins - good luck new teamies!!!)

Hey Surfy, I vote with Shadaca, put the tree up before ya go, then you get to enjoy it both sides of the trip, some of my neighbours have their houses fully decked out with xmas decorations :47:inside and out already, sorry to hear your on nights, I agree thats a bummer in the middle of a week off

Shadaca, well done on your lb, seriously its great considering your on tour, man i lost a lb and i'm not on tour, its taken me two weeks to drop a lb (now thats what I call pants :sigh:)

Yasmine, hope your day is going well, come and talk to us, I'm gonna be online for most of this evening cuz i'm home on sick leave from work, so sofa rest is on doctors orders.

Saraian, well done on your 2lb loss :p

And on a seperate note :p

:censored:Mention of Food in my post:censored:

I've been ill quite a bit over the past two and a half months, and even more over the past two weeks, its like its ramping up...until I reached the stage this morning in work, where one minute I was sitting at my desk and the next minute I went all faint and burst into tears :cry:my boss and me went off into a side office and we decided the best thing was for me to go to the doctors :character00264: I woke up feeling pants :9529:, but I didn't want to miss work cuz i wanted to finally complete a full week (haven't since the re-org in sept)

Long story short, I've got ear & sinus & throat & chest infections and I've been given inhalers and antibiotics, he's also put me on iron tabs cuz I'm run down:sick: all the infections are making my whole body feel really weak and weird. Upshot is I've to go up the plans so I can take the antibiotics and get my strength back up, I'm not sure if I'll lose any weight though, cuz my losses are slow enough on SS+ let alone add more food to the list.

So far for November I've maintained all month, my usual down 1lb, up 2lb, down 1lb etc means that I'm maintaining, and now all I can hope for is too maintain :sign0007:plus I've to confess after the doctors I went to the chemist and then i just drove straight to the McD drive thru, I've no energy to cook, but I have to eat, and I couldn't think what else to do, I got 5 chicken tenders and twisty fries with sweet chilli and a mayo, and a crunchy mcflurry :eek: embarrassed to admit it, but I wanted the icecream cuz I knew it would make my throat feel better.

Ok so today is a loss cuz of the illness and the Docs and the McDs but I am prepared for healthier eating from tomorrow, I'm getting help from my friend who is a CDC and I'm gonna do the 1200 plan, I've bought porridge and soya milk for brekkie, I'm gonna have 2 CD packs a day and I'll have my usual fish with brocolli and cauliflower for dinner maybe with a small portion of pasta. My body needs the extra calories to fight the infections, now I just need to get my head to accept all this, and stop beating myself up about it :553:

OMFG, I went off to find out the nutritional info on the McD stuff that I ate today, and whilst I thought that my choices were bad, but healthy enough, I've since realised that OMFG there is defo no such thing as a healthy choice in McD's,,,my food totalled 1740cals and 75gs of fat :eek::eek::eek: lesson learnt, NEVER EVER GO TO MCD's again even if I am dying of exhaustion and illness :eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:
a big heeeelllllloooo from me!!!!

Hi there,

Well I am on day 2 of about attempt #6. I tried lipotrim at first and just couldn't manage on it. I felt so grumpy and tearful all the time and then someone told me about CD and 'cos I am 5' 11" I get to have 4 portions but I still struggled to stay on it 100%. I just don't think I mentally prepared myself and I was going through a very tough time with my divorce, was getting bullied at Uni and hated what i saw in the mirror every morning - not a very good start so I would stick to it for a day or 2 then eat something 'cos I had convinced myself I was starving and I would just start again tomorrow but tomorrow never came and I ended up being over 2 stone heavier than when I started :cry:
So........... here I am on my last ever attepmt at CD an I will succeed. I am fed up winging and hating myself and want to be happy and healthy and just 'normal' . Does that make sense???????

Hey guys,
I'm officially barging my way into your team! ;)

I've been reading a little and am looking forward to getting to know you all!!!

I guess I should start by introducing me. I'm Sian, I've been doing CD now for nearly three weeks, I don't know my starting weight officially but since Sept with my few weeks on CD + before that trying to cut out things like bread and walking more I've lost almost 25lbs.... and hope to lose 17lbs more before x-mas. After that... well, I have more to lose, but I have only briefly been under 13 stone since I was 12 years old (by xmas if all goes to plan I'll be looking at 13.10).... so to me, under 13 would be great, under 12 would be a miricle and achieving a healthy bmi.... might just put me into shock!

I have to admit though, this week I am going to be a very bad team member, as later today I'm going away for the weekend... so a) wont post here until sunday/monday night.... and b) is going to eat something probably (little and healthy if I can help it).... but after that I swear I'll be good!

Lily - I've heard on here that for some people going up the plans kick starts them.... so fingers crossed you'll be one of them, but at the end of the day your health comes before losing lbs.

yasmine-samara, you can do it hun! It seriously-seriouly gets easier after week one.

Hey guys,
I'm officially barging my way into your team! ;)

I've been reading a little and am looking forward to getting to know you all!!!

I guess I should start by introducing me. I'm Sian, I've been doing CD now for nearly three weeks, I don't know my starting weight officially but since Sept with my few weeks on CD + before that trying to cut out things like bread and walking more I've lost almost 25lbs.... and hope to lose 17lbs more before x-mas. After that... well, I have more to lose, but I have only briefly been under 13 stone since I was 12 years old (by xmas if all goes to plan I'll be looking at 13.10).... so to me, under 13 would be great, under 12 would be a miricle and achieving a healthy bmi.... might just put me into shock!

I have to admit though, this week I am going to be a very bad team member, as later today I'm going away for the weekend... so a) wont post here until sunday/monday night.... and b) is going to eat something probably (little and healthy if I can help it).... but after that I swear I'll be good!

Lily - I've heard on here that for some people going up the plans kick starts them.... so fingers crossed you'll be one of them, but at the end of the day your health comes before losing lbs.

yasmine-samara, you can do it hun! It seriously-seriouly gets easier after week one.

:giggle: I love your entrance Randomgurl :gen126: welcome to our team :p
I love your honesty about going away this weekend, but thats grand by me, going by your experiences you know how to eat healthy so your aim should be to maintain over the weekend.

My body does seem to like these extra calories cuz I actually dropped a lb overnight, granted its the lb I gained the day before, but its helping me to succesfully maintain which is what I'm really focussing on. I've had a 40g bowl of porridge, 15g raisins (instead of sugar) w/Soya Milk = 250cals,,,usually I'd have a choc mint shake and 1/3 bar which would be 210cals, so in my world I'm doing brill, I'm about to pump the tablets into me now that my stomach has food in it :p

Good god Lil, sounds like you're having a really rough time hun!! Poor you, hope you feel better soon!!! I wouldn't worry too much about the whole MaccyD's episode, I think on the odd occassion it's good for the soul, just don't let your soul rely on it. I've been reading the book my CDC gave me about moving up the plans and it's safe to say I'm petrified!!! There's so much potential for me to screw it up....ah well, that's life I guess. Cross that bridge when I come to it!

Yasmine, you sound exactly like me when I first started CD, I'm still not convinced I like what I see when I look in the mirror, but I think my head needs to catch up with my body and get used to being slimmer. It's definitely worth it in the end I promise!! I started off by promising myself that I'd make it through the day, then the week and then the month, that way the task ahead didn't seem too daunting and whatever I lost was a bonus, but after a while, the weight losses became more noticable and now I'm seeing it through till the end! You can do it hun, if I can anyone can!!!

Sian, love the entrance girl, welcome to the team, I think you'll fit in perfectly with the rest of us lol. Sounds like you've done well so far. Enjoy your weekend away!! The one thing you'll find out about us is that no matter what happens we don't judge and don't get cross with each other, there's always someone around to help and pick up the pieces if need be.

DD hope you're ok chick!
Shad's how's the tour going? hink it's amazing that you've still lost weight while you're away - I couldn't!!

Hi there,

Well I am on day 2 of about attempt #6. I tried lipotrim at first and just couldn't manage on it. I felt so grumpy and tearful all the time and then someone told me about CD and 'cos I am 5' 11" I get to have 4 portions but I still struggled to stay on it 100%. I just don't think I mentally prepared myself and I was going through a very tough time with my divorce, was getting bullied at Uni and hated what i saw in the mirror every morning - not a very good start so I would stick to it for a day or 2 then eat something 'cos I had convinced myself I was starving and I would just start again tomorrow but tomorrow never came and I ended up being over 2 stone heavier than when I started :cry:
So........... here I am on my last ever attepmt at CD an I will succeed. I am fed up winging and hating myself and want to be happy and healthy and just 'normal' . Does that make sense???????

Hey Yasmine, Hope your day went well yesterday, as Surfy says take it one day at a time, one hour at a time if necessary, if you find SSing too hard, talk to your CDC about doing SS+ this is where you get to have a small protein heavy meal which will keep you in ketosis (burning fat) but will allow you to actually sit down and eat a meal each day. Buy the ketostix in the chemist and you can test and see if your in the pink, as long as you stay in the pink you'll lose the weight and not feel hungry, it might help you have some sign that you are doing it correctly. I know its worked for a lot of us on here, I for one am addicted to checking my pee for ketosis :p

Good god Lil, sounds like you're having a really rough time hun!! Poor you, hope you feel better soon!!! I wouldn't worry too much about the whole MaccyD's episode, I think on the odd occassion it's good for the soul, just don't let your soul rely on it. I've been reading the book my CDC gave me about moving up the plans and it's safe to say I'm petrified!!! There's so much potential for me to screw it up....ah well, that's life I guess. Cross that bridge when I come to it!

Hey Surf, I'm feeling a bit better today, although I know I need to sit and relax and not try to run before I can walk, the McD's episode is well in the past, lesson learnt, that place is just one big chip pan full of fat, I've had a lovely healthy low GI brekkie, and is it weird that I'm actually looking forward to having a choc mint shake for lunch ( I love the choc mint shakes :giggle:)

I was so happy to see the scales going down the lb this morning, I was 13.05,,,I really really want to stay below the 13.07 no matter what happens, then at least I'll know i'm in control, it is scary thinking about reintroducing food, just take it slow steps and watch yourself, I know you'll have no problems ;)

Team 8 - GR8 M8s losing W8 (Week 14)

BBlilsis- 188 to 187 = -1= -0.53%
2568d1219874696-team-7-fat-fighters-main-thread-star.bmp
W6

Doubledumpling- 284 to ? = ? = -?%
W9,10

Randomgurl- ? to ? = ? = -? % (new starter)
Shadaca- 213 to 212 = -1 = -0.47%
W2,3,5,12

Surfhunny- 179.5 to 173= -6.5 = -3.62%
W1,7,8,11

Yasmine-Samara- 376 to ? = ? = -? % (new starter)

Team total so far - 864.5 to 856= -8.5 = - 0.98%

Sian, for the purposes of putting you up on the leaderboard can you give me your latest weigh in score and we'll start you off from there on this challenge, it might help you stay focussed this weekend, then we need your scores each Thursday (we all weigh in on different days but we just submit our scores as close to Thursday as possible, final cut off is Sunday but this makes it hard cuz i'm not always about for last minute submitters :giggle: its a bit of fun so no stress OK ;)

Last edited:
Hey Yasmine, Hope your day went well yesterday, as Surfy says take it one day at a time, one hour at a time if necessary, if you find SSing too hard, talk to your CDC about doing SS+ this is where you get to have a small protein heavy meal which will keep you in ketosis (burning fat) but will allow you to actually sit down and eat a meal each day. Buy the ketostix in the chemist and you can test and see if your in the pink, as long as you stay in the pink you'll lose the weight and not feel hungry, it might help you have some sign that you are doing it correctly. I know its worked for a lot of us on here, I for one am addicted to checking my pee for ketosis :p

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I have got some ketostix and I tested this morning and it was negative but I think it is a bit too soon yet as I am only on day 3 today. I have only lost 2lb so far !!! :eek:
I'm hoping once the glycogen stores have gone and I am in ketosis that I will drop quicker than that!!

Back