Team 8 - GR8 M8s losing W8 - Official Thread :o))))

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I have got some ketostix and I tested this morning and it was negative but I think it is a bit too soon yet as I am only on day 3 today. I have only lost 2lb so far !!! :eek:
I'm hoping once the glycogen stores have gone and I am in ketosis that I will drop quicker than that!!

Yasmine, it will drop faster once you get in on it completely, but to be honest it sounds like your poor body doesn't know whats happening, you've swapped between a few plans recently, the human bodys aim is to hang on to what it has in case theres a famine, you need to be consistent in order for the cells to release this is normal, they will get their sustainence etc, so they will drop....

New way of looking at its WOOO HOOOO 2lbs in 2days, imagine if it was possible to continue at that speed, you'd lose a stone a fortnight :giggle: keep going, stick to the diet 100% and you will see the results :p

Yasmine, it will drop faster once you get in on it completely, but to be honest it sounds like your poor body doesn't know whats happening, you've swapped between a few plans recently, the human bodys aim is to hang on to what it has in case theres a famine, you need to be consistent in order for the cells to release this is normal, they will get their sustainence etc, so they will drop....

New way of looking at its WOOO HOOOO 2lbs in 2days, imagine if it was possible to continue at that speed, you'd lose a stone a fortnight :giggle: keep going, stick to the diet 100% and you will see the results :p

Thanks BBlilsis,

You are sooooooo right. I have messed my body around the last month or so and I'm sure it will settle down once I am fully in ketosis. The first week I was 100% on CD ss I lost 19lb so I'm not surprised I was feeling a little disheartened with 2lb so far. I did put it all back on and more the next week 'cos I ended up eating and broke my diet :break_diet:Will try not to weigh myself for a few days and see what happens. I told my boyfriend that this was my last ever attempt at CD and this time I am doing it for me me me!!!! He seemed concerned as I felt quite depressed last time on it and the emotional ups and downs were awful but I never managed more than 6days without eating. I have been told that once you get a few weeks under your belt you don't even think about food or wanting to eat doesn't bother you. All I can say is roll on the end of week 2 and pleeeeeeeeeeease don't let me give up!!!!! :D

Well just home from bringing the team mascot for her monthly weighin, and unfortunately shes more like her mammy (me) than I previously thought,,,,:giggle: shes had a wee gain from 2.90kg to 2.95kg, guess a 1.72% gain over four weeks can be taken as a maintain in the bigger picture

I'm attaching a photo i took of her the other day after she came home from the groomers, her little waist is getting definition even if shes maintained, shes losing centimeters :giggle:

Attachments

• 15112008237a.jpg
    15112008237a.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 26
Hey hey wonderful loosers!

Welcome Sian, you sound like you'll fit right in! Hurrah!

Yasmine, I was so the same as you when I started - and now I am having a tough time aswell. Just take it one shake at a time - and you'll be in the land of K before you know it. We are all here for you!

Lil, how you feeling me ole dog? better today? - did you take my week 12 star off for bad behaviour?! :break_diet:and your lil Ellie looks great, she is a sweetie, give her big squeeeezes from me!

DD - how you doing kitten? not heard from you in a bit!

SH - Thanks, the tour is going ok, we are having some comedy industrial action over the next 48 hours, so that will be entertaining, we have one more move, bath next week, and then we will be back for christmas - I really want to loose more weight before then, otherwise I've been a disaster this month! have you decided bout your chrissie tree?

So huggs all round from the glamerous world of showbiz! (ahem!):D

I told my boyfriend that this was my last ever attempt at CD and this time I am doing it for me me me!!!! He seemed concerned as I felt quite depressed last time on it and the emotional ups and downs were awful but I never managed more than 6days without eating.

This was exactly like me when I first started doing CD, I was happy and positive one minute and crying the next, but it didn't last longer than the first couple of weeks. In fact my mum told me last week that my moods have been far more balanced and she's right, I don't even get the horrible PMT moods I used to. Partly I put it down to having lost 4st I'm a happier person than I was when I was fatter, and partly because once you're fully in Ketosis you get a sense of well being.

Stick at it hun, we won't let you give up!!!

:smiley522:Oh PS, everyone, the Christmas Tree is going up officially on the 6th of Dec the day before I go.:109:

:xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree:

Team 8 - GR8 M8s losing W8 (Week 14)

BBlilsis- 188 to 187 = -1= -0.53%
2568d1219874696-team-7-fat-fighters-main-thread-star.bmp
W6

Doubledumpling- 284 to ? = ? = -?%
W9,10
2999d1226167441-pink-star-pink-star.bmp
W10

Randomgurl- ? to ? = ? = -? % (new starter)
Shadaca- 213 to 212 = -1 = -0.47%
W2,3,5,12

Surfhunny- 179.5 to 173= -6.5 = -3.62%
W1,7,8,11
W11

Yasmine-Samara- 376 to ? = ? = -? % (new starter)

Team total so far - 864.5 to 856= -8.5 = - 0.98%

(
individual team winner,
individual challenge winner)

Sorry Shadaca, I go back and grab the first copy of the scores that I can find, and then copy and paste them to rework each week, mustn't have grabbed the most recent edition...have a look I've played around with the stars, cuz its getting very cramped, your all great losers :p

Hello!! Are you still looking for a team member?

I think our team may be full now but I just saw team 7 asking for 2 new members if that helps!!!

Hi Sylvie, sorry but Yasmine is correct, our team is at full level again :bliss: but there are other teams looking for new members, good luck in which ever team you pick :p

Hi Yasmine, hows today been so far ? :p

Hi,

My day is going great thanks. I only got to bed at 5am cos I was working and I got up at 11am. I had a banana tetra and then went back to work and had a bowl of porridge at 5 pm. Just had a choc tetra and I am going back to work again :eek::eek::eek:.
I had better introduce myself properly. I am 30 years old, have two gorgeous little girls called Yasmine (age4) and Samara (age2) and I am getting divorced after an 8 year marriage because my husband lived a lie and is gay. I have met a new partner since and have been with Wayne (he is on my profile pic) for almost 18 months and I am very happy now. I am coming to the end of my first year of my nursing diploma and I work part time as a private hire taxi driver to pay the huge mortgage my **** of a husband left me with!!!!!!
I haven't worked though for the past month as I have been ill and I was feeling really down and stressed so now I am skint and having to work all weekend around my kids to try and get enough penny's in to pay my end of the month bills and my CDC.
I think I have really turned a corner today. My wonderful boyfriend sent me a text calling me his princess and sexy, amongst other lovely words and told me that he loves me loads and I replied with a comment saying that I need to learn to love me loads too!!!!
If I constantly keep telling myself how much I hate myself then I'm not suprised I keep self sabotaging my plan. If you hated someone would you do anything to help them??????? That has been my problem all along. So for me to succeed I need to change the way I see and feel about myself !!!!
Does that make sense????????

Hi,

My day is going great thanks. I only got to bed at 5am cos I was working and I got up at 11am. I had a banana tetra and then went back to work and had a bowl of porridge at 5 pm. Just had a choc tetra and I am going back to work again :eek::eek::eek:.
I had better introduce myself properly. I am 30 years old, have two gorgeous little girls called Yasmine (age4) and Samara (age2) and I am getting divorced after an 8 year marriage because my husband lived a lie and is gay. I have met a new partner since and have been with Wayne (he is on my profile pic) for almost 18 months and I am very happy now. I am coming to the end of my first year of my nursing diploma and I work part time as a private hire taxi driver to pay the huge mortgage my **** of a husband left me with!!!!!!
I haven't worked though for the past month as I have been ill and I was feeling really down and stressed so now I am skint and having to work all weekend around my kids to try and get enough penny's in to pay my end of the month bills and my CDC.
I think I have really turned a corner today. My wonderful boyfriend sent me a text calling me his princess and sexy, amongst other lovely words and told me that he loves me loads and I replied with a comment saying that I need to learn to love me loads too!!!!
If I constantly keep telling myself how much I hate myself then I'm not suprised I keep self sabotaging my plan. If you hated someone would you do anything to help them??????? That has been my problem all along. So for me to succeed I need to change the way I see and feel about myself !!!!
Does that make sense????????

Hi YS, great to know a bit more about you, boy you do have a lot on your plate at the moment, with all those jobs, but needs must and all that :p, two beautiful daughters, and a lovely boyfriend :gen126: they must make it all worthwhile.

As for hating yourself, YES you need to start loving yourself, or at least liking yourself, I've had this conversation elsewhere tonight but I truly believe, "if you think positive, you will feel positive and you will behave positively", you can replace the word positive with any other word or emotion and the same formula will work, eg. happy, relaxed, successful, confident, loving...the list is endless.

Your doing fantastic, and we're glad to have you as part of our little group here, if ya need anything, all ya got to do is holler :p

Hi ,
Thanks bblilsis. My name is Lindsay. Yasmime Samara is just my user name. I get called Lins for short. Yes I am very busy but I only have one job driving and when i am out on placement I have to work full time like a staff nurse would aswell as doing my studying. It can be a bit full on at times but that is they joy of being self employed. I pay my radio fee each week and I turn my set on when I choose. I don't have a boss breathing down my neck all the time but that does make it difficult to motivate yourself to go out to work in the first place when you have been in uni all week or out on placement.
Had a question, how do you make crisps with your soup and are they nice?

Hi Lins, i've no idea about the crisps, but there used to be a sticky thread on the CD forums for recipes, I just stick with making shakes with ice cubes, and as I'm doing SS+ I don't bother with the soups, I've more of a sweet tooth preference :p

good morning all!!

I went to bed early last night 'cos otherwise if I had of gone out to work I knew I would have had something to eat. I was feeling weak willed for a spell so I took myself off to bed to avoid any harm being done!!!

I weighed myself when I got up and I had lost another 3lb overnight - whoo hoo!!!!!! :angel09:
:party0011::party0011::party0011:

:character00116:Feeling stronger than ever - yay!!!! :D

I went to bed early last night 'cos otherwise if I had of gone out to work I knew I would have had something to eat. I was feeling weak willed for a spell so I took myself off to bed to avoid any harm being done!!!

I weighed myself when I got up and I had lost another 3lb overnight - whoo hoo!!!!!! :angel09:
:party0011::party0011::party0011:

:character00116:Feeling stronger than ever - yay!!!! :D

:girlpower: Woo Hoooo Lins, thats fantastic news, I'm so proud of ya, your our very own wonderwoman :superwoman: your definitely on a roll, I think each moment like that makes the next time easier to handle, cuz you've shown you can overpower the cravings :girlpower: :party0011:

Hey hey lovely ladies - just a quickie to say hello, half way through the 'work to rule' marathon, and it's a bit of a nightmare - travelling to Bath today, after I have one of course, and then the fun will commence there later!

Love huggs and union management!
XXX

Hey hey lovely ladies - just a quickie to say hello, half way through the 'work to rule' marathon, and it's a bit of a nightmare - travelling to Bath today, after I have one of course, and then the fun will commence there later!

Love huggs and union management!
XXX

Morning Shadaca, enjoy your bath's ;) today

I'm on a roll - not a bread one of course!!!!!!!

I am soooooooooooooo proud of myself I just had to tell you!!!!

I had porridge for breckie then spent the morning preparing food for my boyfriend and girls. Made him quorn bolognaise and a big pan of veg soup, that should last him a few days. Just finished my potato & leek soup for lunch and wrapped all of my Christmas presents!!! I have spent most of my morning in the kitchen cleaning and cooking and not once did I reach for the biscuit tin or anything else that I shouldn't have for that matter and I feel fabulous!!! :D

I even decided to start a thread to see if anyone fancied joining me in my 6 stone challenge by middle of march before I go away to Florida and I have had a reply already - whoo hoo!
I think a bit of a race will hot things up a little and keep me focussed. So please feel free to pop onto the thread if anyone is up for it.

Will check back in later....

TTFN

Lins
xxx

Back