Team 8 - GR8 M8s losing W8 - Official Thread :o))))

DD, I'm thrilled that your staying, the team wouldn't be the same without you, you get to stay on Post Op Leave as far as weightloss goes, great to see you've joined the secret santa with us :smiley522:

Shadaca, i'm having words with you on msn right now ;) so no need for me to repeat myself here :p

{{{{shouting out into the corridor}}}}} Lins, RG, Surfy, where are ya >>>>.................:giggle: t'is like a ghost town round here sometimes :giggle:

Sorry hun,

I'm right here!!
Been doing loads of housework and trying to study for my exam on 18th Dec. Getting nowhere fast. Haven't stopped all day except to pick my eldest daughter up from school and you can't really see much of a difference..........arrrrgh!!!!
I am really struggling too.

What have you guys been up to?

Right You lot!! NO ONE IS LEAVING THIS TEAM!!!! Got it??? I don't care about the whole competition thing, I care about my friends and I don't want anyone to leave. I think we should all just be Team 8 regardless of whether you're dieting, eating dust or just doing bugger all. Do we even have to have the scores? Can't we just submit 6 even though we've got a bigger team?

As you might of guess I'm feeling a little bit highly strung tonight. Tomorrow is my interview for a promotion and I hate interviews with a passion!!! I've just been out and bought a very capable looking oufit (in size 14 - woo hoo). But I'm sooooo nervous. I know my stuff, I've been revising like mad, which is why I've been a bit scarce recently. I want this job so badly!!!

Anyway, on a more positive note, I've managed to lose 4lbs this week, so it seems I was panicking over nothing and it hasn't stopped working after all - Phew. Anyway that means I've only got 10lbs left to go (well, until I get back from America anyway, lol).

Welcome back to the Sleekster, hope you've had a fantastic time on you holidays. I think the last minute ones are the best.

Shadaca, I'll investigate the Secret Santa thing tomorrow night, cos right now I'd better get back to my revision, aaaargh wish it was over.

Hope everyone else is okay. Sorry to read and run like this but I really need to get as much more revision done as I can before tomorrow afternoon. I'll be back tomorrow, one way:mad: or another:D. xxx

Ooops almost forgot, my weight loss this week=

Last week: 173lbs
This week: 169lbs
Lost 4lbs

I'm here too!!!

Eugh... have been having fighting with my computer all weekend, as it likes turning itself off - and usually when I'm typing essays too!

Been having a kinda self-concious week, kinda... I dunno, sometimes ya feel marginalized even when your not being. Like last night my flatmates were playing football in the hallway, and just hearin' the thumping and laughing.... I dunno, it kinda made me feel like they were doing it *too* me, n feel quite vunerable.... even though the logical part of my brain knew it wasnt.... I mean, usually im out there joinin' in!

So yeah, trying to get over the 'fat girl mentality' (thinking im gonna be victimized or people are saying stuff when in reality they probably have a lot better things to do and talk about)

And yeah.... I did go and join in with them eventually! hehe!

Apart from that I'm just freezing! It serves me right for being such a cheapskate and not wanting to buy a jacket when hopefully soon it wont fit! Today my cdc even offered to lend me one, hehe!

I'm the team noob, so I dont really know u guys.... BUT I totally agree with what people are saying.... if I joined a team that won every week it wouldnt be anywhere near as good as joining one where I can make some mates. :D

Oooooh!

206.25 - 200.25 (the .25's are important - lol)

And good luck everyone thats having exams too! Sooo glad I dont have any this term!

:bliss: WOW :wow: I'm impressed, I should shout down the corridor more often :giggle: its great to see everybody posting today :p

Lins, well done on all that housework and study, just keep taking the diet each min, hour, day at a time, you'll be amazed how fast the time flies by...loads of time between now and 18th, good luck with the studying :p (pmsl, had to come back, cuz i've sort of lost it with the timing on my advice to ya Lins :giggle: one minute its flying, then its dragging, OOPPSSSS) I just wish you strength vibes in whatever it is your doing :vibes:

Surf, Big time Good Luck for the interview tomorrow, your gonna knock them dead in your new suit for sure, so glad to see you've had a good loss this week, I think your motivation needed a little encouragement, and now you've got it :bliss: plus I agree NO ONE leaves the team, the scores are just a bit of fun to keep us in check, its never to be a reason for peeps to leave us again :giggle:

RG, completely know where your coming from, sitting in your room feeling like you don't belong etc, BUT you did the right thing, you got out there and joined them :bliss: plus best way to get to know us is to scroll back a few pages and have a read :giggle: you'll soon see that we're a bit mad, like a laugh, have down moments, have up moments, but all in all we're pretty supportive of each other, its like a coffee shop that we all meet in ;) and your part of our gang missus, so jump right in, post loads, we love peeps who post loads, well I love big posters for sure :giggle:

Fantastic loss this week too, your doing brilliant :gen126:

Last edited:
hehe - in that case I shall post constantly.

And when noones here, I shall talk to myself!!! :D

hehe - in that case I shall post constantly.

And when noones here, I shall talk to myself!!! :D

:bliss: works for me missus ;) go have a look at Shadaca's Secret Santa, a few posts or so back, thats a bit of fun we're trying to kick off, Kris Kindle for online buds ;)

Yeah I saw it.... right now I'm not trying to get too christmassy.... because I have a habit of becoming a little... too exited - hehe.

Even in my 20's I wake up early every christmas shouting for everyone to wake up! :eek:

(And... santa is VERY real btw!)

Right, so ambled off to my cdc last night, not as bad as I thought that it would be, so all is good and I'm back on track today.

I've just had my first mug of savoury drink, it's like drinking stock.

I'm hanging out waiting for my friend to appear on loose women, So if you are online go and watch him and cheer him on.

I'm also in the process of choosing Bridesmaid dresses for my friend next year, we try them on on the 22nd of Dec, but I hope to be another 4 stone down by the summer, so probably won't order one yet. These are the ones that I have short listed. Have a look.

Alfred Angelo... Find the perfect Wedding Dress, Bridesmaid Dress, Prom Dress, Flower Girl Dress or Mother of the Bride Dress at Alfred Angelo.

What do you think?

I'm also meeting boy that I completely alientated earlier this year, and I don't know what to say or to wear! What do you guys think? We have until tomorrow to make a plan!

SH ~ how's it going today?

Lil ~ got the right perfume

DD ~ SO glad you are staying

Lins ~ Huggs hun, glad you are back and posting though

RG ~ I know exactly what you mean about fat girl mentality. We can shake it off together!

Secret Santa ~ SIGN UP SIGN UP!!!!

I'm loving the brown one too - it mirrors beth's dress perfectly.

He was my boss, then my friend, then kind of my lover then my friend that I would always love, then I walked out on him in may and havent spoken to him since, but realised I can't live without him in my world so texted him on friday night to see if he wanted to go out for a drink and he does.

(That is the reduced shakespeare version anyway - it is obviously more involved than that)

So I want to wow him a little. Well a lot really. :D

hmmm.... well, with all that history, I'm guessing he knows you pretty darn well....

And the fact he wants to see you again.... very cliche but just be yourself.... after all it was you he was first attracted too!

Though, saying that I'm single, so totally not a good person when it comes to relationship advice!

My fav dress is the first one, especially when you change it to your eggplant colour :p, I love the whole thing, I want one ;)

RG ~ yes, he knows me better than I do most of the time. Even for instance when I was waiting for him to text back I thought that it would be a good idea to meet at the players, but was being patient, his text said 'afterwork at the players?' so that just says alot. It isn't somewhere we go regularly, just somewhere that he knows I'm comfortable.

Instead of getting all emotional about it I have been out elfing.

I do want him to notice I've lost weight, but I'm not sure I've lost enough to make such an impression.

Lil, I love the black one too, the beady bottom train is wonderfully elegant, and your right about the straps. I don't want to spend the day tugging at my boobs.

Also at this stage I don't mind - I'd just like to look fab in a dress!

Oh well,

I am back from WI and I gained 3lb. I was totally expecting it and I was going to get weighed on thurs this week to try and borrow some time to get it off but I thought that there was no point. I decided to draw a line under it and have a fabulous loss next week to make up for it! To top it all off it's my totm too :(
I am supposed to be going out tomorrow night for my friends birthday for a meal and it's my Christmas night out on sat and I really don't know what to do!?!?!
I want to have a whole week 100% on the plan as I haven't achieved that yet. These nights out will just get in the way and March will be here before I know it.
I have another incentive too!!
I was talking with Wayne and said to him jokingly that if he hasn't asked me to marry him by the time I get to target then I will have to ask him and he replied as soon as I get to target we will get married right away. I nearly fell of the bed. Wayne only said it like that because he knows how much I hated my wedding photo's because I was fat and I wouldn't have any put up at home because I was embarrased and ashamed of them. I got married in St Lucia on the beach in a gorgeous decorated gazzebo - shame I was fat and he turned out to be gay.....lol
Wayne wants our special day to be one that I certainly won't regret for any reason. He is a big guy himself and he is dieting 'cos he said he will not get married whilst he is fat either. He is so self concious. I have already picked out a dress and I had a picture taken of me in it. Although it was a few dress sizes too small, she managed to lace it up at the back so it would stay up so I would have an idea if it suited me. I cried 'cos it was amazing!! Wayne saw it on my phone when he was looking at some pics of the girls and sent it off to a web site called seeyourselfslimmer.com and had it airbrushed slimmer for me so I would see how much better it looked on me slim, I cried again 'cos he did it as a surprise to help keep me motivated. He is such a sweetie :D
I spent 11 years of my life with the wrong man and I have finally found my soulmate. I ahve been with Wayne for 18months now and being with him is so different. I now finally know what it feels like to be loved!!!!
The sooner I get to target the sooner I can start planning my wedding. I'm sooooooo excited. So PLEASE HELP ME STICK TO THIS BLOODY DIET.

Shadaca - I like the last one the best. What colour is she having?
When is your date?

Shadaca - I like the last one the best. What colour is she having?
When is your date?

She is wearing eggplant, so deep purple, it is a really nice colour, and slightly more subtle than the colour swatch leads you to believe.

'Date' (Inverted commas because I'm not sure that is what it is, I have a feeling he has a boyfriend now ~ but I still want the wow factor) is tomorrow night. I've decided on little jeans, platform boots, and black slash top with silver jewellry, long coat and pink scarf.

What you think?!

And congratulations about your impending wedding, it sounds like a dream come true for you.

She is wearing eggplant, so deep purple, it is a really nice colour, and slightly more subtle than the colour swatch leads you to believe.

'Date' (Inverted commas because I'm not sure that is what it is, I have a feeling he has a boyfriend now ~ but I still want the wow factor) is tomorrow night. I've decided on little jeans, platform boots, and black slash top with silver jewellry, long coat and pink scarf.

What you think?!

And congratulations about your impending wedding, it sounds like a dream come true for you.

Purple is my fav colour, I'm sure it will be lovely what ever dress you pick.
I'm a little confused - did you say boyfriend?

Me and Wayne getting married would just be perfect. I certainly would make my dreams come true. I feel so lucky right now!

Back