Team 8 - GR8 M8s losing W8 - Official Thread :o))))

Gemma - That's cool, but if you want to stay part of the team then without the weigh in part for the support then that is great, we know how important support is, so if you want to just drop by once in a while for a chat and a cup of tea. Don't vanish!

SH - that's fab - and not disasterous at all - well done girl! We are still submitting our results, but that is just a by product of the team, so while we do it - it isn't important!

Teeeeeam work makes the dream work :jelous:

So... another new member! WoOOO!

Hi All,

had a really manic couple of days - it was the Hubby to be's bday on Monday so went straight to the pub - I got him a big choc cake with candles and cut it up for everyone and just was not tempted to have any - RESULT!!

Then last night car broke down and had to wait 2 1/2 hours for the AA was not happy

results for this week....

last week - 204lbs
this week - 199lbs
loss this week - 5llbs!!

chuffed to be under the the 200lbs mark !

Mmmmmmm - chocolate cake!

This week's weigh in...

Last week 202
This week 197.5
Lost 4.5lbs

Very happy! I've also got involved with doing the Vagina Monologues in London, all moneys go to charity, (we don't get paid) so come and support if you are passing! There are also loads of Vday events up and down the country, making money to help end violence against women in the congo.

It's a very funny show!

Thanks hun,

How are you doing kitten? Your new no numbers thing working out for you?

Huggs

Hi Everyone, sorry I've been a bit absent this week, but I was over in the UK on holiday and whilst I got time to lurk on minimins, I didn't really get time for posting anything substantial.

Congrats to all of you, your having good losses, sorry but I have a bit of a mammoth regain, cuz I came off the diet whilst away, and whilst I tried to be sensible, it still took its toll, but I'm sure that most of it is just short term bloat :)fingerscrossed:) I'm back on day 1 today.

Congrats to Catssseyes for winning last weeks star
2568d1219874696-team-7-fat-fighters-main-thread-star.bmp
I didn't get a chance to announce it before I left.

So the scores for week four are uptodate, just waiting for last weeks winner to post, no rush we've got till Sunday :p

Team 8 - GR8 M8s losing W8 (Week 4)

BBlilsis - 184 to 189 = +5 = +2.72% :eek:(Holiday WI)
Catsseyes - 224 to ??? = - ? = -???%
W3

Lisa Lashes - 204 to 199 = -5 = 2.45%
W2

Shadaca - 202 to 197.5 = -4.5 = -2.23%
Surfhunny - 173 to 170.5 = -1.45%
W1

Vacancy - ??? to ??? = -0 = -0%

Team total so far - 987 to 980 = -7 = - 0.71%

(
individual team winner,
2999d1226167441-pink-star-pink-star.bmp
individual challenge winner)

Ooooh I didn't realise I was a winner! Yay!
Well just been to weigh in, and this week I lose 5lb, so I'm now 219lb. Really chuffed as I have just got in to a pair of size 20 trousers that wouldn't do up a few weeks ago.
I will not be in them long....looking forward to being a 'teen'!
Helen xx

Congrats to Lisa Lashes, Week Four's STAR

Team 8 - GR8 M8s losing W8 (Week 4)

BBlilsis - 184 to 189 = +5 = +2.72% :eek:(Holiday WI)
Catsseyes - 224 to 219 = - 5 = -2.23%
W3

Lisa Lashes - 204 to 199 = -5 = 2.45%
W2,4

Shadaca - 202 to 197.5 = -4.5 = -2.23%
Surfhunny - 173 to 170.5 = -1.45%
W1

Vacancy - ??? to ??? = -0 = -0%

Team total so far -987 to 975 = -12 = - 1.22%

(
individual team winner,
2999d1226167441-pink-star-pink-star.bmp
individual challenge winner)

Well done Lisa and Shads for getting under 200lbs, thats fantastic!!!

BB glad you had a good trip to the UK.

Helen, well done on the trouser front. You'll be in the teens before you know it.

Well I'm going out tomorrow night. 3 of my friends have January birthdays so they decided to get together and have one big birthday night out. I decided that if I managed to shift my Christmas weight by then, I'd treat myself and allow myself to have a meal out and a good drink, then back on straight and narrow till the end. As of Monday's weigh in I am offiaiclly back to where I was before I went to America so all the Christmas weight has gone, hooray!!! I feel a little bit funny about eating tomorrow night though, I know I can limit it to one evening, but a part of me thinks that if I don't go out, I'll be that little bit closer to being at target. BUT, I need this, I need to go out (for my own sanity) and because I my friends would kill me if I didn't go.

Thanks hun,

How are you doing kitten? Your new no numbers thing working out for you?

Huggs

Well its day 9 today, am pretty much seeing my CDC every 2/3 days at the moment to keep me on the straight and narrow. No numbers is working quite well at the moment feeling better in myself and clothes are starting to get looser, not setting a definte date yet as to when I will find out but aiming for end of feb to mid march then hopefully I will be back to my lowest weight.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

xx

Surf, go out and enjoy your friends birthdays, life shouldn't be put on hold all the time for our weightlosses, especially if you know you will have no problem getting back on the wagon next morning :p

Gemma, sounds like your head is in a good place, keep it up :p

Hi Guys,

Well everyone is doing really well - BB glad you had a good holiday your gain is not bad considering you have been on a week's holiday and I believe that that sort of gain is your glycogen store and not fat?

Surfhunny have a fab night out - I too am going out for a friend's bday (loads of our friend's bdays are in Jan) I've made myself the designated driver so will stay away from the alcohol - can't believe I haven't had a drink for nearly a month!!!

Cattseyes - fantastic weight losses it's so exciting isn't it!

Shads - Would love to come see you in VM and good luck sounds fab I've alwasy wanted to see that but having to not spend money at all at the mo all spare cash has to go on the big W Day! and congrats also on hitting below the 200 mark!

Gemma keep going just think 6-8 weeks and being your lowest weight ever!! sounds like you have a very supportive CDC

I'm feeling v positive again after getting over the abcess and I am back to what I normally was and can get back into my jeans I haven't been able to wear for a few months and my clothes are feeling so much more comfortable and are loosening - can't wait to able to fit into my clothes from a couple of years ago - hope they're not too unfashionable by now as can't spend much money on clothes for ages!

Hope you all have a fab weekend

xxxx

Hi everyone...
I'm getting over this cold, but now the other half has man-flu so that's him in bed all weekend.
I have tickets for Dancing on Ice tomorrow...so excited! Watch out for me if you watch it! I had to buy new clothes to go as everything I own is so baggy and on the tickets it said dress to impress, anything sparkly, so have got myself a lovely sequined top from next and a new pair of black trousers.

Lisa: How are your wedding plans coming on? I'm getting scared now...we have paid deposits etc, but now it's getting so close and we're having to think about paying it off etc...so scary!!!

Well done everyone else on weight loss! You're all doing really well.
BB: Great to see you had a fab time on Holidays! You'll get that off in no time at all. That's the great thing about this diet!

Have a good weekend everyone...
Helen x

Hey folks,

Sorry not posted, left you hanging a bit! I've been madness for the show, but it's all good, got so many freebies coming in for the cast they don't know what's hit them.

I am craving marmite on toast, and I have put on 5lbs this morning - I think my scales are having a pmt day. I can't think of anything exciting that has made them do that. Grrrrr.

What else - I'm looking for new places to live, going to see somewhere later today, and then another place on Monday. All depends on whether I get the job I'm interviewing for, but if I do I want to be prepared to move, otherwise I have to commute to Bow for 9 weeks, which would kill me. Last time I only managed two before my brain turned to jelly and I wanted to die.

I need a new jacket to pretend I'm important in - may hit camden on my way home.

have a lovely day!

XXX

OMG, I love it :wee: our thread is hopping with big posts :wee: loads for me to read and respond too, just the way I like it :p

Hi Lisa, i'm impressed with you making yourself the designated driver for your parties, I've tried that in the past, but I've no willpower and end up dumping the car anyways :giggle: your right my holiday gain is just glycogen etc, but if i was to let it settle then it would dash off to find a comfy room in my fat stores, day three of my healthy restart has seen 3 of the extra pounds sent packing :p

Surfy, I hope your night out was fabulous, and you get to come and tell us about it soon, diet wise your doing fantastic, not long now till you break down into the 160's and even better the 11's as well :wee:

Catssseyes, glad to hear your feeling better, I'm sooooo jealous, your getting to go see the televised Dancing on Ice, I'm a massive fan, I bought tickets for the tour last October, even before I knew who was gonna be in this years lineup... I went over to UK for last years tour too, its brill...I can't wait for you to come back and tell me all about it,,,yep lets :hijack:this thread and turn it into a Dancing On Ice thread :giggle: 'only joking' or am I ?? :giggle:

Hi Shadaca, lets hope that 5lb gain is just a bit of water retention, or we'll have to chuck those scales out :giggle: lots going on in your life at the moment, interviews, house searching, i've got me :fingerscrossed: that you get both sorted soon :p

Have we got two brides to be now, Lisa and Catssseyes ?? What are the dates of the weddings??

Everyone is doing fantastic in the weightlosses, can't believe I forgot to congratulate both Lisa and Shadaca for breaking down into the 190's and Catsseyes for breaking down into the 210's, every breakdown past the next 10lbs is just as inspiring as each Stone lost (in my book :giggle:)

As for myself, I'm on day three of my restart, I'm doing three to four CD products a day plus one/two high protein meals, so far my calorie count has come in at about 1100cals per day. I joined 'Curves' the 30min all ladies gym last night, and had my first workout this morning, didn't eat anything before I went and felt a bit shakey, still do a bit, thats why its important for me to adapt some of my calories to have a small bit of food before going to the gym,,,,oooh I've just said going to the gym as if its a natural thing for me to say :giggle: watch this space :p

Well guys the night out was fantastic:D, I'm laying on the sofa in a darkened living room at the moment. The rugby is on the tv and I'm hungover - :party0016:life is good!!!!!!!!!!!! Had a great night, it was lovely to go and feel confident about how I look for a change. It's been a while since some of my friends have seen me out and their comments were great. Trouble is it's just given me a taste for getting drunk:drunk: again, I want to go out all the time now.

I'm absolutely shattered, didn't go to bed until gone 3am:nightf:, I'm geting too old for such late nights. I went on the scales when I got up and they said I've put on 4lbs, but it was well worth it and at the moment it's easy come easy go. Hopefully from now on it's plain sailing cos my goal is in sight.

Hope everyone else had a good weekend, I'm off for an afternoon nap:4635: xxx

Last edited:
I just love the snow - and everyone who is being grumpy about it upsets me.

I have to go into london later, I have an interview and press call and a dress rehearsal and a meeting, at the moment there are no trains, hoping it will sort itself out, except later there will be a blizzard apparently!

I may just take my pjs incase I get stranded.

When I was about 11 I think we had a really good snow day, it was market day so mum walked us to the old town, except the market wasn't there, and the chip shop had just opened -so they were doing the hottest crunchiest most lovely chips. It then became tradition to have chips when it snowed, so I'm a bit sad, but will have some next year.

How's everyone else... snowed in?

We're snowed in!
My school is closed (although I don't work Mondays anyway), Hollie's school is closed, so we've been out throwing snowballs in the garden!
Still snowing here- looks so pretty!
Fingers crossed it keeps going so I can have an extra day off tomorrow!

You may remember I said I was going to Dancing On Ice last night....well I went and was unbelievably GUTTED not to get in.
I had 4 so called tickets from Applause Store. Said on them to get there by 5pm, doors close at 5:30pm.
So we thought we'd be early and got there at 3pm. Well that obviously wasn't early enough as they'd already given out the wristbands to guarantee entry, so we ended up as stand by tickets, then got told at 6pm to go home as no way we were getting in.
Absolutely gutted.
Got home in time for show, so watched it in a right grump. Lol.
Grrrr. Hope everyone's enjoying the snow!
Helen xx

My apologies...I had asked if you still had any spare spaces but since then...I have joined another team....best of luck to you all :)

Last edited:
Back