Team 8 - GR8 M8s losing W8 - Official Thread :o))))

Oh that is lovely - so striking, I love the beadwork. You'll be a proper princess!

Hope so! :)

Hi everyone, i still gotta go back and read up on everyone :D, I guess i shouldn't have said newborn, because my niece is a month old, but we still count her as newborn, and her mam had to go to her grannies wake ? long story, its my brothers girlfriends granny :eek:

I'm struggling big time, its soo hard, I feel sick and tired and cold :cry:I stuck with it tonight because i don't want to give in, but i'm struggling,,,tomorrow is day three, but I don't know how much stronger I can be :confused:

Aww SiS, keep going. You will get through it, just do lots to keep your mind off food. Get out and about, have a bath, read a book, go see a film. Anything to get you through it.
The first few days are really hard, but you're almost in ketosis and then things will get better. You will be cold for ages- I still am! But you get used to that.
The hunger will go and you won't feel rubbish anymore. Then you'll look back and wonder what all the fuss was about! Believe me, I did!

Hope you get through it- just keep looking at clothes you want to fit in to and keep focussed.
Good luck!
Helen xx

Thanks Catssseyes, I was just very tired last night, its hard enough to do this diet without being kept up late :mad:

I'm feeling better this morning, maybe i'm over the worst bit now :D

Morning ladies!

Sis - have you peed on a stick yet?! (Us ladies here are a bit obsessed with weeing on sticks) in fact SH is the expert!

Lisa - How you doing girl, not heard from you for a bit?

Sara - Happy Sunday - Being a stay at home mum IS exciting, I'd love it.

Helen - I'm still sooo made up for you and your dress - if you can get in yours I'm bloody well going to get in mine!

SH - how goes me old mucker? Hope you are out having fun and enjoying the sunshine, not locked in hospitals working hard.

I had Nandos (ish) last night. Very exciting. Covered chicken with a yoghurt and chilli mix, cooked it - made coleslaw with shredded lettuce and no fat creme fraiche with a blob of the helmans healthy mayo that tastes like blancmange, and celeriac chips. It was heavenly!

Now tucking in to the porridge...
Goood morning Baltimore!

Hiya girls, ive been to see my puppy today and shes fine - just got to have a home visit now and everything should be ok. Must clear my garden up though - its ok for my big dog but not for a puppy!

Hi Shadaca, i've read about the ketosis sticks and I'm gonna buy some from the chemist tomorrow.

Wow, Saraian, a puppy, I'd love a dog but my landlord won't allow any pets :eek: what type dog is he ?

Quick tip for the sticks - cut them in half lengthways - and you have twice as many.

PUPPY? someone said puppy! What kind - 9 I love puppiessss!

Hi All,

Welcome Sliminspirit! - I lived in Dublin for a few years and my best friend from Ireland is from Rathmines - I lived in Swords and worked at the airport hotel (left about 6 1/2 years ago now!) Had the best 3 years living in Dublin! - By the way I'm Lisa 30 years old a project manager for a well known communications company and live in Bath - I'm getting married 5th September to Luke a fantastic head chef although haven't been able to eat any of his food recently!

Slim all I'll say is by the 3rd day i started feeling better but still very lethargic but started feeling amazing at the start of the 2nd week - I've lost 32lbs in 7 weeks and I'm expecting to lose another 3 lbs tomorrow so that will be 2 1/2 stones in 2 months! You will lose the weight in no time - I really wished I had discovered this diet a few years ago as I can't believe how easy I've found it (I think pure determination to fit into a beautiful wedding dress is helping to spur me on).

I've been out over the weekend and haven't seen quite a few of my friends for a while and it was so good to hear all the positive comments.

I did go round the shops yesterday and refused to even try on any size 16s - tried on a lot of size 14 clothes - I can put them on but it will be another couple of weeks before they fit properly.

Helen your dress is gorgeous

Shads you don't have anything to be embarressed about you've done so well - I reckon the shop will see a huge difference in you - it sounds like that shop has been a bit crappy towards you and your sister.

Sara - I'm sure we'd all love to see photos of your new puppy - I'm so jealous I'd love to get a dog.

SH hope you've had a good weekend in fact hope you've all had a good weekend

xx

Thanks Shadaca for the advice about cutting the ketosis sticks, when I get them I'll see if I can do that.

Wow lisa, it sure is a small world, I'm familiar with Swords because of the airport but never really been anywhere else in that area, I love living in Rathmines, its got everything and its so close to the city centre, most times we just walk home at night rather than queueing for taxis.

I am very tired today, not sure if its because I was up late last night or the diet, but thanks for the advice, its good to know whats ahead.

aww thanks girls - this thread is busy this afternoon!

shes a staffie X all black and shes around 3 months old and called Maddie - think il keep the name as i have a mia already and think 2 M names have a nice ring!

Im afraid the only thing i know about ireland, dublin is what ove read in patricia scanlon novels lol - but its made me want to visit as Dublin sounds AMAZING!!!!

Welcome Slim in Spirit to our crazy little group. I'm sure you'll fit right in from what I've read so far. Just to fill you in, I'm Sally, I'm 29 years old and I'm an alcoholic (Oops no sorry wrong group - just kidding, I'm not really an alcoholic). I'm a radiographer at a busy teaching hospital and we're currently being filmed by SKY TV for a documentary about the workings of a real A&E, scarey stuff. I'm about 9lbs away from my target at the moment, I'm working my way back up the plans to try and regain my life lol. This diet has been an absolute godsend for me, I've tried all sorts, but because I had 5st to lose, I always gave up because it was taking too long. Good luck with your weightloss journey, it does get easier!!!

Shads - yes I have been trapped inside the hospital today, but someone has to provise you guys with quality documentary footage lol. Was filmed for 20 minutes this aft, but I doubt they'll show it cos there wasn't anything wrong with my patient in the end.

Helen - well done on the dress, fantastic!! It's beautiful - I wanna get married!!!!!!!!

Sara - I love staffie's, they've got those lovely cheeks that I just want to pinch lol. My mum's friend has got one called Kane and he's such a cutie.

Lisa - won't be long before those 14s are fitting perfectly!! It's such a good feeling when you get there too. I'm working on the 12s now. My bum's a 12 but my boobs refuse to shrink, so I might have to make do with being 14 up top. Not too much of a problem tho really cos I don't want my cleavage to disappear altogether. That's happened to my poor friend and she's a bit gutted.

It has been a busy day on here hasn't it, a new member and a loads of gossip to catch up on, I love it when we have days like this!! Oh I don't get weighed til Tues this week Shads, so I'll pm you my results like BB had us doing if you want.

Oh Dear!

I'm worried about my weigh in tonight for the first time :wave_cry: - I've kinda been a bit naughty all week and have been eating foods I shouldn't have eaten but knew they wouldn't take me out of ketosis - I stood on my scales on Sunday and it said that I had lost 4lbs - then ate stuff I shouldn't have and stood on them this morning and they are about the same as last week maybe a little tiny higher.:break_diet:

Oh well i'm just about to start on my ninth week, onwards and upwards time to get a bit strict with myself again and get myself into that beautiful size 14 French Connection dress I tried on over the weekend!!

Wish me luck for this evening!

Slim - I did find in the first week that it was a struggle to get from my car, walk through the car park and up the 2 flights of stairs to my office - It does get so much better in the 2nd week.

Must say Dublin is the best I was 21 when I moved there and worked and partied really hard in equal measures! - wouldn't be able to do it now though - although ..................

I love Staffies my friend's have one called Harvey but they call him lil pig dog!

SH can't wait to see your programme on TV I'll make sure I sky + it

Anyway happy Monday to everyone - I'm shattered as Luke had a boys night last night who were not very quiet when they got in in the small hours - and there were 3 smelly boys all asleep in my living room when I left for work this morning - nevermind Luke had a stinking hangover - Ha!

xxxx

Hey folks,

I had a lovely afternoon yesterday, one of my friends from panto came over unexpectedly (well - he told me twenty mins before) and we had a lovely afternoon just chatting, then bumped into more friends in the pub and stayed for tea, and then kept going - then back to theirs. Fabulous.

SH - pm me, or post on the thread, I don't mind either way, Glad your patient was ok in the end - this is a good thing.

Lisa - Don't worry about your weigh in, sometimes we all have the bad week, It is very easy to get fixated on the short term goals, but you have had amazing losses, and will do again. You'll be thin in no time! The shop has been rubbish, which is why I'm scared - going to loose another stone before I go hopefully, then they may see a difference.

Sara - Lovely puppy - sounds sooooo cute!
I love puppies, and I want pictures and tummy rubs!

Helen - how you doing? I still feel cold all the time too, although today I'm convinced it's summer and am wearing a vest.

Sis - how's it going, you in the land of K yet?

Hi Everyone, thanks for all your lovely warm welcomes. You all seem lovely and friendly, I'm struggling to keep up with you all :D

Hi Saraian, I love the names Maddie and Mia, they definitely go well together. Dublin is cool, you should come over visit some time, see if it compares to how its described in your books.

Hi Surfhunny, I usually say hi I'm a chocoholic, thats my usual vice. Wow I think I've actually sat and watched that program on Sky, is it uptodate, I always assume those stations are showing repeats or something. I'd definitely be watching out for any Radiographers, is that the x-ray people :eek:.

Lucky you only being 9lbs away from goal, but going by your scores you've worked hard to get there, so well done.

Hi Helen, I haven't gone to look at your dress yet, I struggle with having too many sites open at once, my computer is well old, but i'll go look soon.

Hi Lisa, I Hope your weigh in is a good one.

Hi Shadaca, you sound like you had a real fun day yesterday

As for me, I don't think i'm in ketosis yet, I'm finding the diet so hard, I'm cold and tired and really really hungry its making me very bad tempered and I don't know what to do. I think its also time for my period because I'm starting to feel all crampy and swollen I'm thinking of ringing my cambridge woman and asking her about going up the plans or something because I just can't see me being able to do this for much longer, luckily I'm on my days off, but after today I've got a 7day shift in a row so don't know how I'll cope :cry:

Sorry that i'm not a very good team member, I feel I've taken on more than I can cope with :eek:

Hiya girls - have had a crappy emotional day to day but wont go into it and bore you sensless!

Not heard from rspca today so am going to ring them tomorrow.

Oh no! Sis, you'll be fine- trust me, I was there! You will get through it, but you will feel like crap for a few days. Keep yourself busy. Seriously, your body WILL get used to it. If I can do it, anyone can. Stick with it. Keep telling yourself this is NOT forever, and you can eat what you like when you've lost the weight you want to lose.

Sarain, what's up? Hope you're ok. Get on to the RSPCA, no one can feel crappy when a puppy is around! xxxx

Thanks Catssseyes, I rang my cambridge lady last night and she was very good, we talked for a while and she's told me to try the 810cal plan to see if having one small meal will make it bearable for me, so I had a chicken breast, with a tiny portion of brocolli and cauliflower last night and I just felt so much better almost immediately.

Hope everyone is doing well, sorry Saraian to hear you had a bad day yesterday too.

Back