Team 8 - GR8 M8s losing W8 - Official Thread :o))))

Lol, what a nightmare.
CDC is saying it sounds ok, but she's not doing her job if she doesnt ask me to go to the doctors and get it checked out.
So I'm going to have to try to get there before Thurs when I have my cdc meeting. :rolleyes:

Well girls, it's 3:01am, and I'm sat on the floor of Hollie's bedroom. She has been up crying with a very high temp, nasty cough and is so stuffed up she can't breathe through her nose. Lucky our docs have a 24hr automated system, so have booked an appt for 9:20.
Will have to go to work after taking her, so hoping I get some sleep! She is thrashing around her bed restlessly at the mo. Bless her!
Hope all is well with you lot! xx

Aww Helen, sorry to hear you little one was ill during the night, hope you both managed to get a good nights sleep.

I've no other news, just trucking away at sticking to the diet and getting the water into me.

Hi Ladies,

I feel so bad when I see it's only you two nattering. I'm still laptop free, but hopefully the insurance will sort themselves out and magic me one soon, it is horrid not being able to do work and talk to friends. I don't like it at all.

Just finished work for today, long days at the moment, and still dress of doom looming at me.

If you know of any team members then please do go get them, I'll breathe some mojo back in to the team as soon as I have my own pc.

Till then you guys keep going, you are doing SO well.

Huggles
XXX

Ok, my friend Jayne has just started CD, and she is joining us any minute now....

Hi I'm Jayne, as Helen just said - her friend. I've been unhappy with my weight for a long time and after seeing the weight Helen has lost have been inspired to join cd. I started on Monday (but my weigh in day is Thurs). So far I'm finding it quite easy - hope it stays that way.
First weigh in is tomorrow, but as I've not done a full week - don't know what weight loss to expect. My jeans are loads looser tho, so can't be bad.

Hope you all don't mind me joining your team....

Last edited:
:D Welcome Jayne! xx

HELLLOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So sorry I've been away for so long - looks like I've missed out on a bit - welcome Jayne and good luck for your journey

well girls i must admit I have been off the wagon for over 2 weeks now saw my cdc on Monday and I've put on 4lbs - which is not bad considering what I've been up to !!

anyways back on it again - got 1 1/2 stones to go so come on for the last leg - I don't have another weigh until 6th April so I won't posting any losses for a while.

anyway it 's been manic with work and because a girl with a very similar name to me at work was one of the latest contractors to go loads of people of mistaken it to be me well anyway I may have a new job through so have been very busy trying to get that sorted so fingers crossed and........

I picked out my wedding dress today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hooray!!!! it's very simple but gives me a gorgeous hour glass shape and i had the choice between a very expensive one and this which is a lot cheaper and I prefer the much cheaper one so bonus!!!

this is the url if you want to have a look it's 3 down from the top on the right called 'Edwina'

Bridal wear by Romantica of Devon Ltd Witheridge, Tiverton, Devon EX16 8PR

I'm so happy it's a big weight lifted off my shoulders (hee hee) - anyway it looks like I'm ordering the size 14!!

anyway must go my auntie Anne is flying in from Dublin tomorrow and I've gotta pick her up from the airport at 7.30.

SHADs so sorry to hear about your breakin - I was burgled this time last year so I know what you're going through it's a hideous time and I really feel for you - I expect you'll feel really weird and a bit scared for a while but it will pass

anyway will try to pop in a bit sooner.

lots of love to you all

xxxxxx

Hi all

First weigh in today ( after 3 days) and I lost 2lb - I'm well chuffed as not even half a week.

Other good news is that I'm in ketosis!! Yay!

Hopefully treble that by next Thurs - fingers crossed.

Thanks all for you welcome! xx

Yay! Well done Jayne, 2lb in 3 days...good going! And great that you're in ketosis. You're proper fat burning now!
I'm off to weigh in at 7, so will report back later.
When you post your weigh in results Jayne, you need to do it like this:

Last week: xxxlbs
Lost: xxlbs
Now: xxxlbs
Speak later,
Helen xxx

Ok here goes:
Last week: 196.5 lb
Lost: -3lb
This week: 193.5lb

Hi Team,

I maintained my weight over the last two weeks, which I'm ok with cuz I knew that I'd been ultra bad last week, so this week has undone that damage.

Well done for getting back on track Caz!

Avert your eyes if you are easily offended~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~lol

Well I have been VERY bunged up all week, in fact probably last week too. At the CDC last night, I bought the fibre 89. I took some last night, and some this morning. Well...let's just say it bl00dy well works! Very well indeed.
Last night I weighed 13st 11.5lb. After the fibre 89 'worked', I am now 13st 8.5lb!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lol! Seriously hadn't realised quite how badly bunged up I was! Madness. Thank god it's all out. Will be taking fibre 89 on a daily basis from now on. Well worth the money! Hahah!

In other news, I went to Asda after work, and got home after Jamie. Well I seriously wish I hadn't gone, as he had made his own dinner. I say made, but 'massacred' would be a more appropriate word.
It was only a 'ready meal' of beef chow mein.
Apparantly, 'simmering' means boil on full heat for 15 minutes solid, WITHOUT stirring. Needless to say the saucepan was thrown away.
He had also tried to make 'crispy noodles' with some of the noodles. It said on the pack to drain away the oil. So he drained the boiling hot oil BACK in to the veg oil bottle. So that then melted with the heat of the burning oil.
All in all a 5 star gourmet meal I think.
I ended up having to make him some sausage sandwiches. MEN!!!

Well done Caz! Poor Helen - I'm quite lucky as Matt is capable of making his own food. lol.

I'm really annoyed with myself tho as while driving home from work yesterday I was drinking my bottle of water in the car and Hannah had given me her clear fruit shoot she no longer wanted. Can you guess what happens next? Yes, I picked up her fruit shoot in error and took a huge glug of it thinking it was my water!! Didn't realise til I swallowed it.

It's knocked me out of ketosis - so I'm really mad! Don't even like the stuff it's vile. I feel like crap today and weigh more than I did yesterday. Really unhappy!

Sorry to moan - hopefully will be back in keotsis as losing loads of weight soon....

Oh no! It won't take you out for long though. If you feel really bad today, have an extra pack. It won't affect your ketosis, but it will fill you up a bit.
Bless you! Test yourself in the morning, and hopefully you'll be in Ketosis again.
Still laughing about Jamie. So funny. What an idiot. It's his birthday next Sat, so have just bought him a book; 'Basic Cooking for Dummies'.

Also...I popped to New look this morning, and bought a size 16 t-shirt. I was so happy that I didn't have to buy clothes from the Inspire range!!! Chuffed!
And....my engagement ring fell off in school yesterday. Lucky for me, I realised while it happened, so didn't lose it. Have taken it in today to jewellers and had my finger measured. It's got to be made 2 sizes smaller! Yay!

That's fantastic news Helen!! Glad you found your ring!

I'm still laughing at Jamie too, love him.

I'm feeling better as the day goes on so will probably be back in ketosis tomorrow I think. How annoying tho! Noo bad if it was something I enjoyed. lol

Guess what?! I'm back!

Hurrah hurrah, and thank you for all be fabulous while I have been otherwise engaged, I missed you all.

Welcome Jayne!

I've been rubbish diety, but back on track from Monday, and then taking over the world. Slowly getting my stuff back together, the insurance company have transferred the money, so it's just finding good things to buy, and not going out clothes shopping, which is also very tempting.

The drag is that although I have an amazing new computer I have no software for it, and that isn't covered, so it will get expensive, however - I am can do my job now so hurrah hurrah.

How've you all been?

Back