Team SCOUSE!

Excuse me for using the Royal "we".

Fishmongers on Allerton Road near Penny Lane . It has been there for years and years and I think it is the only independent left or one of the very few left.
I work on Wavertree Tech Park and the skinni van has just started coming round but I haven't tried it yet as been skint in January.
I go to WI just off Penny Lane can't remember the name of the road . Moira runs the group.

Just been past it is called Shrigley and Son

Aw thankyou Latte I shall check them out!!

Welcome xx

im gonna lose my skinny malinx virginity tomorrow ;)

a friend is coming over to town from Llandudno, so I'm going to meet her there before she shoots off again, she's getting weighed somewhere by James St Station...so thought since it's not far a cuppa at skinny malinx would be a great idea :D

so exciting :D

Oooh let us all know how it is...i've never been. If we ever go into town we end up in Moose! (not very SW friendly in there)

Oooh let us all know how it is...i've never been. If we ever go into town we end up in Moose! (not very SW friendly in there)

ohh the place that sells canadian pancakes? i've heard of there! again...another place i wanna go to....maybe when i'm at target ;)

defo let you know how it is though- not going to have much- probs something mega light- since it's weigh day ;)

Ooooh a Scouse gang? Add me please! I go to Shirley Mercer's Childwall Group at the new Drs at the Fiveways, she's brilliant!! I lost 9 stone on Slimming World, down from 23 stone to just under 14 (13.8 I think was my lightest) but got made redundant in 2009 and sufferend from severe depression, I put a couple of stone back on. Last year I was very very ill and put on about 6 stone in 4 months.

I rejoined on 4th Jan and this is the LAST time I am going to do this! This time it's for life!

My tips are: Wagamamas in Liverpool One and Bar Burrito - they will cook without oils and the broths are really healthy. Also, Eat's veg pot soups to which they add broths. You can get the Nutritional Info from their website. Bar Burrito will give you a burrito without the wrap, so you get a burrito bowl with rice, chicken and lots of salad and veggies.

My tip for shopping is a fab deli called Mattas on Bold Street, you can get all your herbs and spices, plus ther own blend curry powder is syn free, just add crushed garlic, grated fresh ginger, onions, fresh coriander and tinned chopped tomatoes and simmer for a fab curry. They also sell Geeta's spice blends, £1.10 each and they serve 4. The majority of which are syn free as they contain no sugar (except the Dhansak). AND they sell powdered coconut milk mix, so you can keep track of syns when making thai green curries etc.

Their veggies are also very reasonable, massive bunches of coriander for what you'd pay for a tiny pack in a supermarket and Lemongrass so cheap you become indignant at how much you used to pay in Tesco!

They also have the biggest variety of different types of dried noodles and all kinds of rice, massive bottles of soy sauce, nam pla. I love this place! If you love making your own Asian cuisine, so will you!

I live in Wavertree. I've been to SkinniMalinx but tbh, I do love to go to other places more, and when I know I can be low syn, even better! xx

Welcome!!!!:-D Well done on your weight loss in the past,so you know you csn do it!!? ,I used ti go to shirley years ago .we may arrange a meet soon if you' re interested.ann x

Last edited:
I really miss working in town centre. I used to work on Mount Pleasant and would spend many a lunch hour browsing in Mattas. Now I have to rush in after work. That is the downside of working on the Wavertree tech park the advantage is I spend less !
I am from Mossley Hill and my mum.still lives near Penny Lane. I am born and bred in Liverpool, but I only really know South Liverpool

I would love a meet! I used to work on the Tech Park too, at Senator. xx

okies so i had my lunch...

was pretty nice actually :D a little pricey- but it was good food- we all had the minted pea and ham soup- i had jelly and custard (1 syn) for afters- to treat myself :D

Well 1 lb in:'( no surprise tho,no exercise done,just proves the point that I need excercise to help with my losses.:)

I'm getting weighed tomorrow and besides one zumba class haven't done anything. That's one zumba class in which I didn't over exert myself by the way!!

Hi I am new to this site I am Claire I am 29 (for 2 more weeks) I live in wallasey I go to Liz's group on Thursday night, I have been going for 3 weeks and lost 6.5 pound and loving the diet xx
Can I join this group ??
Please ;) xx

Back