Teapots Challenge

Just realised that last time I did LT about 4 years ago, I did 7 weeks and struggled so much all the way through, until I gave up (had no idea about this forum). I started LT to help a friend lose weight - she only lasted 5 weeks and was cheating like mad before she gave up which was very disheartening. I've lost a similar amount of weight over the last 7 weeks to last time but this time unfortunately have started from a much higher point :(

I'm a lot more settled doing it this time - last time I was rushed into it and didn't really know what to expect, but in reality did pretty well under the circumstances and I'm grateful I had an intro to LT.

I've really been struggling with being cold this time, but in the last few days, I'm not nearly so bad! I'm hoping I'm over that 'hump' and yet another reason to keep going 100% over Christmas as I don't want to go back to be constantly freezing.

Long way to go, but this forum is really helping stay on track. Lovely kindred spirits about :)

Crumbs I was feeling really rough yesterday. Nausea for most of the day and only managed 2 shakes and feeling absolutely exhausted. OH had d's and v's over the weekend and I wonder if I had a touch of that. Feeling much better today, but don't have my first milkshake until 1pm, so won't really know for sure. Ended up drinking lots of tea yesterday and not much water, so shall try and put that right today. Will be off to London again tomorrow - I'm going to be a 'Dragon' marking pitches for the kids at the Uni where we've been helping on several modules of Entrepreneurship which has been great fun. Sad this ones over, but there will be another course in September next year :)

We had a really fantastic but long afternoon at QM Uni yesterday. I was a bit of a soft dragon but those kids have worked so hard to put their propositions together and I really felt teary for some that had such brilliant ideas and had slogged their hearts out, bless 'em. We only finished the pitches at 7:30 and went out for dinner after. I'm a cheap round these days, bringing my milkshake with me and drinking water lol. Only managed 2 shakes yesterday but couldn't face another at 1am lol. Was fun watching everyone else getting well tipsy ;) Still in the hotel near London and drive back home a little later. Looking forward to getting back, my youngest sister and my 2 gorgeous nephews will be there too as they're coming to celebrate my birthday, which is today. I WILL NOT be overweight for my next birthday. Best I've done is a very tight size 18 trousers 7 years ago when I lost 4.5st and have been hugely overweight most of my life. It has been a permanent cloud and preoccupation for as long as I can remember. Time to bannish the cloud.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using MiniMins

Hello Teapot
I read your Teapot challenge fom post 1 and I must admit you are awsome!! You've got amazing will power, you went to all these meetings and didn't even touch the food that everyone else was enjoying! I really admire you for that. When you struggle - think about the end result, now we are in winter, we are well covered up in sweters and big winter coats but when spring comes everyone is going to wear nice clothes and we want to wear them too! and then it will be summer! think about that- you will be much slimmer than now, you will be able to buy these nice summery clothes, and wear them proudly!
I know it is cold now, I suffer from that as well, so I keep drinking a lot of hot tea and coffee and I have all my shakes hot. When you have your hot chocolate shake it will keep you warm for some time, followed by a tea you will be fine!
You are soo close to being 100kg and then when you go under 100 your motivation will grow, you will see 99 and then 97 and 95, 94, and then you will go onto 80's and you will really enjoy it! I am sooo thankful for this forum , I think it is a great idea, people out there who never struggled with weight will never understand us, but here we all know what we are talking about! so just keep going and write your diary in a teapot challenge and one day when you are slim you will read it and lough!
Good look hun and we are here for you to give you as much support as you need! xx

Thanks NewGirl! I'm so looking forward to cracking 100kgs :) Been to my mums tonight to see all my lovely family, who have travelled to visit for my birthday. They ended up ordering Chinese to celebrate and I've sat and watched them all eat the food, followed by eating my birthday cake lol. Had a great time just being together. Just having my last milkshake of the day and it's fab to still be 100%. I love this forum and don't think I would still be here doing this without it x x x

Very pleased with my 5lb loss this week. Woke up yesterday with a streaming nose and cotton wool head. Didn't drink very much yesterday in comparison to normal and I was bracing myself for 2-3lbs loss this week. I am really focussed to get under 100kg, which I'm aiming to do in the next 3 weeks (fingers crossed) and then I'm mostly into uncharted territory. I have once got down to 96 kg and before I got married I got down to 94kgs but nothing lower in my adult life. Getting under 90kgs is going to take a big mind shift for me. One mini challenge at a time though :)

Feeling dreadful today. Busy with meetings since 12.30 and only finished just before 6pm, so now exhausted. Sinuses are hurting so much, nose is red raw and my lips are so dry. Can someone put me out of my misery please ;)

Feeling dreadful today. Busy with meetings since 12.30 and only finished just before 6pm, so now exhausted. Sinuses are hurting so much, nose is red raw and my lips are so dry. Can someone put me out of my misery please ;)

Hello Teapot same here I am affraid :(
really bad cold, sinusitis etc... but still going to work
diet is going well I can already see a difference so carry on going

I hope you feel better soon. Think about these summer dresses :) (we will be wearing them soon:D :D :D
and soon you'll be under 100 so no worries you are doing really well :flowers:

Oh no NewGirl, not you too :( Hope you are ahead of me in the snot curve and will be feeling better very soon. I've resorted to sniffing tiny amounts of menthol crystals melted in hot water, trying to steam out my sinuses to clear them. Still staying 100% - it's even easier when you can't smell anything lol.

Oh no NewGirl, not you too :( Hope you are ahead of me in the snot curve and will be feeling better very soon. I've resorted to sniffing tiny amounts of menthol crystals melted in hot water, trying to steam out my sinuses to clear them. Still staying 100% - it's even easier when you can't smell anything lol.

Hello Teapot how are you? I am still quite ill but seeing the trousers get looser day by day I stay motivated. I drink a lot of herbal teas, I made my chicken soup in a massive 600ml bowl so it will keep me warm and full until evening. I have to say it is harder when you are sick. Hope you are feeling better xx

Hello Teapot how are you? I am still quite ill but seeing the trousers get looser day by day I stay motivated. I drink a lot of herbal teas, I made my chicken soup in a massive 600ml bowl so it will keep me warm and full until evening. I have to say it is harder when you are sick. Hope you are feeling better xx

Hey up NewGirl. Feeling shattered today. I hate it when breathing is so much hard work :confused: Talking trousers, the size 22's I bought a couple of weeks ago have gone from snug to comfortable :) Not ready to try get in size 20's yet, but I can definitely see an improvement. I've got my ex mum-in-law arriving tonight so I've been making up and cleaning the room she's staying in. Nearly killed me at one point earlier, I thought I was going to be sick, but somehow I survived lol.

I'm a huge tea drinker too, although lately I seem to be drinking more coffee than tea. I'm not fond of the chicken soup flavour or any of the shakes really with the exception of chocolate, a bit like Busy Mum I think. I was feeling a little hungry this morning (I think it might be more the need for comfort thing) but solved it reasonably quickly with water followed by a coffee.

Off to a work meeting at the other side of town this afternoon that will stretch into the evening and then collect ex-MIL from the bus station later, so I'm hoping to be home by 9.30pm. No rest for the wicked.

Hope you're feeling better than yesterday and on the mend x x x

Hello Teapot,

thank you I am feeling much better today, yesterday was quite bad thou. I went for my weigh in today after work and I lost another
2.75kg (6.06lb) so I am happy today. Last week was really hard, people are shopping for Xmas food and I could only buy a botle of water :)
but I survived and I keep reminding myslef that in April is my wedding annivarsary and I want to go somewhere with my hubby and I want to look good on pictures! How was your day? Hope you are Ok xx

Hello Teapot,

thank you I am feeling much better today, yesterday was quite bad thou. I went for my weigh in today after work and I lost another
2.75kg (6.06lb) so I am happy today. Last week was really hard, people are shopping for Xmas food and I could only buy a botle of water :)
but I survived and I keep reminding myslef that in April is my wedding annivarsary and I want to go somewhere with my hubby and I want to look good on pictures! How was your day? Hope you are Ok xx

Glad you're feeling better - so am I really - just sinuses bunged up so carrying on with the menthol to try and keep things moving.

See, it was worth resisting the food while out shopping! Haven't you done well last week! 2.75kg is fabulous and looks like you'll be breaking the 80kg barrier this week which is really exciting. What a Christmas present that will be and a nice dent in your target for April :) :)

NewGirl don't forget to post on the Christmas Challenge thread with your losses for BusyMum to update the table with your results :)

Hi Nina22, You have done really well. I'm not sure I'm using the forums correctly as I am a newie and don't seem to be able to converse with anyone... I have about 9 stone to lose and have a goal of doing the manchester 10km in May. At the moment I am undecided to go down the lipotrim route or the lighterlife route - both of which I have tried (and failed) in the past. Anyway I just wanted to say you are an inspiration!

Hi Nina22, You have done really well. I'm not sure I'm using the forums correctly as I am a newie and don't seem to be able to converse with anyone... I have about 9 stone to lose and have a goal of doing the manchester 10km in May. At the moment I am undecided to go down the lipotrim route or the lighterlife route - both of which I have tried (and failed) in the past. Anyway I just wanted to say you are an inspiration!

Hi Cheshire58 I'll paste your post on Nina's diary for you. It takes a bit of time to get the hang of the forums but we're all friendly here lol.

Hi Teapot or is it Kay?

Would you mind if I keep hassling you once I start my 'journey'? I really don't want to fail this time and being 54 and 17 1/2 stone I really need to do something. I am one of those people who watch programmes like OBESE: One year to change your life while having a glass of wine and sitting on my backside. I've got the gym membership and go most days for a swim most days but its all very sedatory. I think I will be chosing the Lipotrim rather than the Lighterlife diet - may I ask why you chose Lipotrim?

All the best

Hi Teapot or is it Kay?

Would you mind if I keep hassling you once I start my 'journey'? I really don't want to fail this time and being 54 and 17 1/2 stone I really need to do something. I am one of those people who watch programmes like OBESE: One year to change your life while having a glass of wine and sitting on my backside. I've got the gym membership and go most days for a swim most days but its all very sedatory. I think I will be chosing the Lipotrim rather than the Lighterlife diet - may I ask why you chose Lipotrim?

All the best

Hi Cheshire58

Real name is Kay, but I'm a heavy tea drinker! You're very welcome to 'hassle', we're here to help each other. This forum has been a godsend for me. I was on the point of quitting about 5 weeks ago and thank goodness struggled on and found it and here I am, still going after nearly 9 weeks.
I haven't done Lighterlife so can't make a direct comparison for you. From the LT point of view, I did nearly 7 weeks about 4 years ago. A friend of mine where I used to work came up with this crazy LT diet and managed to drag me and another onto it to help support her. I had very little understanding/preparation time and found it really difficult but persevered longer than both the others, so this time had more idea what I was 'in for'. My other half and family also struggled to understand the concept and spend a lot of time encouraging me to 'eat something' because I wasn't my usually happy self. Because I was cheating a lot, I was coming out of ketosis and permanently hungry which didn't help matters. I have spent time getting mentally prepared this time and I won't lie, sometimes it's not easy but you almost need to make a binding contract with yourself to commit to. Nina and I are staying on this for the long term, and recently there are quite a few ladies that have got down to size 10's and 12's etc and are refeeding so you know it works and gives you the strength to continue. This forum is fantastic and very supportive. It's just what you need for this tough challenge, and the weight loss is really worth it. This is the only diet I know that allows you to continue to lose weight without having to do much in the way of exercise, and once you get the hang of it, becomes an easy choice, because you're not having to plan meals and make sure you have done the right shopping etc etc. Best of luck with your final choice and we'll still be here whichever you decide to do :) x x x

How are you feeling now, Tea Pot? Sending get well hugs x

Hi Astrantia
On the mend I think. Still some sinus issues, I'm sat here sniffing menthol crystals in hot water to try and clear it lol Thank you for the hugs, I really appreciate them. How are you getting on? x x x

Back