Teapots Challenge

:wow:Kay I have just noticed you have lost 20lbs in 4 weeks,that's amazing ,I looked at the Christmas challenge,its easier to see the losses on there,you have done so well.How much water do you drink?I usually drink 3 litres but increased it slightly this week to about 3 1/2 litres a day and had a bit better loss.

Hey Nina! Hope you've had a good day. Thank you! Waterwise I think at least 2-3 litres a day but I also drink a lot of black tea and coffee so not sure of the total volume. I was told at a young age that I was prone to kidney infections so I should drink lots of water, which I duly did - but it turned out to be gall stones lol. Still drink a lot of water though. I keep thinking I'm due a tough week with a small loss so am bracing myself for it. Survived today 100% although family were more concerned about me not eating than I was. Crackers lol

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using MiniMins

Hi Kay, Family and friends are a funny lot aren't they - well mine are. I have told my family that I am going to do the Lipotrim diet and it was followed by lots of concern and then information about 'other' diets which they think are better :(. None of my family have ever had to go on a diet and all of them think I need to lose weight but as soon as I draw a line in the sand they seem to, I don't know..... maybe I am making them my excuse. They just aren't as positive as I would have hoped or even keeping quiet would be more supportive... 'There is nothing wrong with a piece of toast in a morning' ,,,,, 'why not have a piece of toast, you should eat something',,,,, This is why I have never told them previously

You've done really well over the 9 weeks keep it up .....

Take care

Hi Kay and Cheshire, it does not sound very festive,but I'm glad yesterday is gone!It was a lively day,I cooked for all and enjoyed it and had a sneaky smile when they were all too stuffed to move,it made me glad to have been 100% as I would have over indulged for sure.Going to my mums to cook for her and one of my boys today,but it won't be a problem.My mum has been the worst about my diet,she got hysterical a few months back saying I was starving myself to death!!!!!!!I told her not to be silly and had explained,then last week she started on about it again.I got really cross and explained (again) that actually on this diet with its vitamins and minerals I am eating a darn site healthier now than my previous eating habits,where I eat no fruit or very and just ate rubbish basically,I reminded her of how obese I was and how awful I felt,physically and emotionally and also that it was a medical diet ,and asked her to use some logic ,look at what I was saying and be encouraging to me rather than negative,I told her how difficult this diet is with support let alone without it,and yesterday she was back to sensible again and has accepted what I said.(Bless her,I know a lot of it is she is struggling with the loss of my dad,who she was married to for nearly 50 years) Cheshire ,just try to ignore any comments you get,this is your life your decision and only you can control your life,don't let anyone else control it or it won't turn out how you want it to,we have to be really strong,but it is well worth it.Have a great boxing day.:bighug:

Hi Kay, Family and friends are a funny lot aren't they - well mine are. I have told my family that I am going to do the Lipotrim diet and it was followed by lots of concern and then information about 'other' diets which they think are better :(. None of my family have ever had to go on a diet and all of them think I need to lose weight but as soon as I draw a line in the sand they seem to, I don't know..... maybe I am making them my excuse. They just aren't as positive as I would have hoped or even keeping quiet would be more supportive... 'There is nothing wrong with a piece of toast in a morning' ,,,,, 'why not have a piece of toast, you should eat something',,,,, This is why I have never told them previously

You've done really well over the 9 weeks keep it up .....

Take care

Hi Cheshire, yes they are! Over the years I have become quite placid and that's probably why I am the weight I am (was) but yesterday I went head to head with my stroppy sister on the phone before going to my mums, and yet again when I got to my mums, who was insisting I eat Christmas lunch. 4 years ago she lost a lot of weight doing Celebrity Slim and thinks not eating at all is not acceptable. Standing up to her was very out of my comfort zone but empowering in the end. I'm already feeling the benefits of losing weight with less pressure on my knees and going up and down the stairs is much easier too.

You have to choose something that suits you and you can stick to. You've done your research and settled with LT. Losing weight is a long term commitment to looking after yourself... and believing that you're worth it - and I know YOU ARE REALLY WORTH IT! You deserve all the support you can get, and if for a time it's mostly here on the forum then go for it and show your family what you can do for yourself - even by yourself and they'll start to come around.
I've still a long way to go and getting close to the point I've been many times before falling off the wagon and going back to square one and being unhappy. I really want to show everyone that I can succeed and go further than I have ever in my adult life. I keep remembering how unhappy I was 3 stone ago and how desperate I was to make a change. I'm doing it, it's all possible and with a little help from all the lovely people here we can all succeed. Much love to you and rather like you already :D x x x

I've just been reading a fantastic thread I found via the signature on the brilliant and gorgeous Goose. Aligning inner and outer conciousness is really important or I feel I'll keep falling off the wagon and have to do this over and over and I REALLY DON'T WANT TOOOOOOO! At this point normally in my diet, I'm getting increasingly anxious to the point when I cave in and go back to 'where my body wants to be.' Excuse the french but that's bullshit and it's 'Fred' trying to sabotage me. I'm not having it this time and feel calm and determined at this point. Great thread to read if you haven't already http://www.minimins.com/bring-your-...0-changing-habits-using-fred.html#post5894008

You know you've lost weight when you have to tighten your watch strap a notch. Fantastic :)

You know you've lost weight when you have to tighten your watch strap a notch. Fantastic :)

Totally agree, I nearly lost my favourite ring yesterday at work, had to put it on my middle (the fattest) finger. :D

I've had another good loss today 1.9kgs = 4.2lbs and should be over the moon but will have to wait until next week :fingerscrossed: to get below 100kgs.

On a practical level - it was a wish too far to think I would break 100kgs on New Years Eve but on an emotional level it would have been very nice indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not going to let it mess too much with my head, and want to get this next week moving along with a bit more pace to crack the 100kgs next week. Seeing Nina's pics lastnight really made me realise that this is all possible, and how fantastic she's done. Hopefully within 4 weeks I will be weighing less than I've ever done in my adult life. I'm finding that a little scary too I must admit. Will my other half still love the new me? Will I? Thankfully it's back to work as we have a conference to arrange, towards the end of Feb. Skates on ;)

Had a really nice New Years Eve lastnight. Went out to our fave pub who happened to have a band on which was a bonus, and sang and jigged a bit into the New Year. Woke up this morning with a cold from no where. Think this is what the kids have had over christmas :( Have spent most of the day sleeping on and off and still feeling pretty rubbish. Menthol crystals are becoming my best friend ;)

Hi Kay. Hope you're feeling better soon. I'm not great with metric but looking at your signature I notice you've now gone below 16 stone which is fantastic! I'm so looking forward to getting there. I'm sure you'll break the 100kg barrier next week. Back to work tomorrow for me aswell now, quite looking forward to being back in my normal routine!

Had a really nice New Years Eve lastnight. Went out to our fave pub who happened to have a band on which was a bonus, and sang and jigged a bit into the New Year. Woke up this morning with a cold from no where. Think this is what the kids have had over christmas :( Have spent most of the day sleeping on and off and still feeling pretty rubbish. Menthol crystals are becoming my best friend ;)
Oh no not you too,I also have a cold,it is rotten.:cry:

Hi Kay. Hope you're feeling better soon. I'm not great with metric but looking at your signature I notice you've now gone below 16 stone which is fantastic! I'm so looking forward to getting there. I'm sure you'll break the 100kg barrier next week. Back to work tomorrow for me aswell now, quite looking forward to being back in my normal routine!

Thanks BusyMum, I hope this passes quickly, got too much to do! I'm also looking forward to getting back into routine and have just realised the kiddo's aren't back at school til next Tuesday which requires further planning! Never mind, the up side is I'll have weighed in again before they're back at school ;)

Oh no not you too,I also have a cold,it is rotten.:cry:

Oh no L! Sending you big hugs :bighug:
Hope you get a decent nights sleep and you feel a little brighter in the morning.

Much love x x x

Thanks Kay,same to you,xx

Still feeling rubbish today. Got up this morning and went back to bed at 10.30am and other half woke me up at 2pm with a nice cuppa. Felt better for the sleep but struggling now. Sinuses are very pressurised and I think it's time for more menthol. Still got 2 shakes to have today, really not feeling like having anything to I'd best get one down me now.

Hi teapot like you it is great when things change I got out my 1st wedding ring a couple of days ago and it fits perfect so now I am back to wearing that as I had to get a new one over my weight gain never know I might get back into my dress after nearly 15 yrs seen as I weight 10st the day I got married oh would love to be back there someday but everyone are saying not to drop to much as I won't look healthy oh well we will see can't make them happy but will be sure to make me happy for a change

Hi teapot like you it is great when things change I got out my 1st wedding ring a couple of days ago and it fits perfect so now I am back to wearing that as I had to get a new one over my weight gain never know I might get back into my dress after nearly 15 yrs seen as I weight 10st the day I got married oh would love to be back there someday but everyone are saying not to drop to much as I won't look healthy oh well we will see can't make them happy but will be sure to make me happy for a change

Fantastic!! You must be very proud of yourself getting your original wedding ring back on!!!! Only you will know when you're happy with your weight. Try to take everyone's advice with a pinch of salt but you sensibly do what you need to do to feel the best about yourself x x x

Hi Kay, great diary !! fantastic weight loss ! I didnt do a diary the first time i did LT but I did the second time and I found it so helpfull. I understand your comment about being a little scared of being slimmer than you have ever been in adulthood? in 2010 i lost 6 stone and because we lose it so fast its sometimes takes us a while to catch up mentally? I felt a bit like i wasnt sure who i was lol :D

Back