Technical computer type - question re: internet connection

big bear

A bear on a mission!
We've just bought a Dell computer to have at home for my H to do his assignments on, it has windows xp so word etc is on there.

We don't have an internet connection but I do on my mobile phone. I have a contract where I can browse use internet/email etc.

Is there a way that I can connect my phone to the PC so that H can search the net on the PC for info for his assignment & to access emails etc???

Hope you understand what I'm asking.

Basically if there is a way to connect to the internet through my phone rather than get monthly broad band.

you would need to buy an internet package for your hubbies PC.

You can get these via your home phone line, or you can get a dongle which can ebe pay monthy or pay as you go/use!!! xxx

Oh thanks hun, I'll look into the dongle as we don't have a home phone line at all.

Hope all is good with you, still smiling I bet...

yes smiley and happy - hows bump!?!! xxx

I'm 6 months now, getting to be a struggle juggling work, 19 month old & sorting the housework etc.

I go on maternity leave next Friday, my contract at work ends anyhow so worked out perfectly...

I'm going through the nesting stage already at home sorting out my boys clothes that don't fit, making his room into a Thomas room, sorting loads of stuff. I get carried away and knacker myself out.

I don't think I put on too much weight but in the next few weeks might..

I love all that wedding excitement etc I planned our wedding in 6 months lol

Dongles??

Does anyone use one of these to use their internet?

If so which one do you have and would you recommend it.

Thanks in advance

BBxx

We've just bought a Dell computer to have at home for my H to do his assignments on, it has windows xp so word etc is on there.

We don't have an internet connection but I do on my mobile phone. I have a contract where I can browse use internet/email etc.

Is there a way that I can connect my phone to the PC so that H can search the net on the PC for info for his assignment & to access emails etc???

Hope you understand what I'm asking.

Basically if there is a way to connect to the internet through my phone rather than get monthly broad band.

It depends on the phone you have and the software that comes with it. I can do it with my Blackberry via BB's Desktop Manager. It basically turns my phone into a dial up modem.

its a nokia 6800 so not sure will see what came with it

I have a 3 dongle as I dont have a landline. Its not as quick as other peoples broadband but not bad in general, though does have phases where it plays up (one of which lasted a month or so!) but then goes back to normal

Again mine would be an older one-2yrs min

They work like mobile phone signals.... it depends what network you use and the signal where you use it. In my house I get a full signal on my mobile its great, and as a result my dongle works as fast as my broadband does. Its great, Ive taken it to hotels with me and I could have gone and had dinner in the time it took to load a page.

If youre going to get one for your main useage do lots of research and compare phone signals from the network youre planning on using

Back