teenage dieter

Don't know about the forum for young dieters, but I just wanted to say all the best to the both of you. You can support each other on your journey.

I would say involve your daughter in the planning and cooking of meals to educate her into what goes into a healthy meal.

Maybe ask the consultant about special dietary requirements for teenagers. Does she still need a lot of dairy products for calcium as she is still growing?

Welcome Suzie :welcome:

MiniMins is an adult support forum and we do not cater for children or teenagers under seventeen and have no knowledge of any forums on the internet who do.

Slimming World have created a programme for children between 11-15...see link below.

Helping overweight children

I am sure your Slimming World Consultant will be able to help you out with the necessary information etc.

As both of you will be doing Slimming World together you can get your daughter to join in the planning, shopping and cooking of healthy meals as this will be a wonderful learning experience for her as well as yourself and hopefully build good memories to look back on in years to come.

Good luck with your SW journey and if you need any help please ask.:)

Last edited:
hi suzie, me and my daughter who is also 13 are joining tonight, would love to share ideas and support on our long journey with you. I have about 6 stone to lose and I wanted to involve my daughter so she does not fall into the same mistakes I made with food. My daughter has not been weighted yet but she is an adult size 12 and she wants to be a comfortable 10.
Nic & Daughter

there's a lady at our group who brings her daughter with her ( I don't think the kids have to pay? )
she's not encouraged to "lose weight" but to make healthier choices where she can.
since they are also growing kids it's not great for them to lose weight, but rather to grow into the weight they are.. ( unless it's obvious that they are a lot overweight and still would be as a grown up.. )

hi suzie, me and my daughter who is also 13 are joining tonight, would love to share ideas and support on our long journey with you. I have about 6 stone to lose and I wanted to involve my daughter so she does not fall into the same mistakes I made with food. My daughter has not been weighted yet but she is an adult size 12 and she wants to be a comfortable 10.
Nic & Daughter
i'm not sure if i'm doing this right but here goes
hi sweetcheaks i also have about 6 stone to loss, and my daughter has fallen into my eating habbits she's adult size 16 we have a long and difficult journey ahead and i just hope i have enough willpower to keep both of us on track. i've accepted your friend request and would also love to support and share with you.
suzie & baby

there's a lady at our group who brings her daughter with her ( I don't think the kids have to pay? )
she's not encouraged to "lose weight" but to make healthier choices where she can.
thanks for the reply. yeah that's right if she's going with a paying adult it's free, that and the fact that we'll never go hungry is why i've choosen SW, I don't want her to feel that she missing out ("dieting"), i want her to have choices and make the right ones.

Hi when i used to go to group a lady used to bring her son who was around 12 i think. He was losing weight steadly and was very happy and would participate fully in the group xx
Thanks for your reply. That's good to hear, my daughter is a bit reluctant to go, and i don't think she'd stick at it if she wasn't getting any results.

heya lovley.
I was just 16 when i joined. My mum came with me (although she wasnt there to loose weight, it was for me) but it was her choice and i hadnt intended to stick. I sincerly hope she realises how great it is and sticks it out. I have my life because of sw, she can do it!!! xxx

Back