teeth and very low cal diets

I floss, brush, tongue scrape use Oraldene sometimes, mostly use Listerine and my teeth and gums are fine.

If you are having any problems you would need to see a dentist.

Yes, my gums swelled badly behind my front teeth after a couple of weeks on SS and got to the point where I was starting to get worried. I came on here and saw some advice that an ex dental nurse had offered to try chewing sugar free gum which stimulates your gums. They can miss the action of chewing you see. I started doing that (on top of brushing twice a day, flossing and mouthwash) and it has gone down alot but not completely so going to see my dentist in a couple of weeks

thankyou blondie and mini ive had swelling and infections and lost 2 teeth and now one of my back teeth the gum is sore i dont no is it linked to diet ive got appointment next week at dentist (((( are we allowed suger free gum then ?

Last edited:
you are allowed sugar free gum. Its what helps me alot through cd. Only chew for a short while though as it can make u feel hungry ;) hope u get your teeth sorted soon :)

becky xx

thats funny i thought it was me but my gums have been hurting and my teeth have been sensitive too, i am in my second week of ss and started to worry yesterday i started brushing more and using mouth wash it seems to be helping and i will take your advice blondee and chew some sugar free gum. i hope it works for you night night :)

I'm relieved it's not just me :) I hope it works for you danni and nightnight, we don't want to be all slim and gorgeous but with no teeth do we?!? :D hehehe

Back