Teeth & Toilet talk :-p

Rachel57

Hi chaps and chapesses

So I've done slimming world since last Monday and I don't think I've ever graced my stomach with so much fruit and veg etc in my whole life like I have this last week or so BUT .....I haven't had a decent poo since ! I thought with all this ruffage I could of made a bit more then the pathetic excuse for a poo I've produced ! And I've been weeing so much even to the point were I get up during the night and that's not like me ,once my head hits the pillow I'm gone till 7 am also my teeth are a bit more sensitive then normal . Is this normal in the first few weeks or is my body wondering what the hell is going on ?

I think just give it a while, sometimes your body might jsut take some time to get used to the changes x

Hi chaps and chapesses

So I've done slimming world since last Monday and I don't think I've ever graced my stomach with so much fruit and veg etc in my whole life like I have this last week or so BUT .....I haven't had a decent poo since ! I thought with all this ruffage I could of made a bit more then the pathetic excuse for a poo I've produced ! And I've been weeing so much even to the point were I get up during the night and that's not like me ,once my head hits the pillow I'm gone till 7 am also my teeth are a bit more sensitive then normal . Is this normal in the first few weeks or is my body wondering what the hell is going on ?
One thing you need to keep doing is drinking lots and lots. All that roughage requires some lubrication. ;)

I suffer with pathetic poos too. Try looking at what your hexb is and choosing an ff instead of an f. It has more fibre in it so helps x

On the teeth thing - My dental hygenist told me that when you eat alot more fruit your teeth can become prone to acid erosion. So if you usually brush your teeth straight after breakfast, and you now have a bowl of fruit for brekkie, you should leave it for an hour before brushing your teeth,v or brush them before (though that defeats the object IMO)

Also, you should use an electric toothbrush to try and reduce the risk of your brushing too hard. I thought I was getting gum disease but in fact I was brushing too hard!

The weeing will stop the first fat loss is from inside the muscle surrounded by water, you lose this first which is why people have a huge loss first week, also all that fruit and veg contains a high percentage of water so needs to be processed, this too will die off!

The bowel thing, make sure you add a little bit of fat/oil to your diet, in your HEA perhaps with cheese or in your syns add Mayo or use your HEB for extra virgin olive oil, or eat some sardines/mackerel a couple times a week. Plant fibre isn't bulky like wholegrains are so you may need to eat more wholegrain pasta and brown rice, leave the skin on your spuds too.
Increase your exercise, too.

Each morning I've been having weetabix as my healthy extra but I'm not one for water so I don't supposed all the ruffage has been lubricated much ! As for my teeth I do use an electric toothbrush and sensodyne toothpaste . It's not like these things are bothering me I just wondered if maybe it was part and parcel of healthy eating . I think I will try the water as I'm a coffee drinker ( 1-2 cups per day ) and I know this can block you up .

Back