Tefal actifry family size bargain

Rissole76

Ok, so I know these machines are expensive, but everyone raves about them. So I have been wanting one for ages and they have released a new bigger family model, that supposedly addresses the issues they had with older models ie catching on Fire! So was looking around the Internet and Comet have them on special at £179 which I think is a bit of a bargain when the old one is still over £100, so i splurged and now am eagerly awaiting my first batch of chips, only 1 tsp of oil for 500g of potatoes, which will be shared with my daughter so even less oil. I would rather syn the oil and have more normal tasting chips. So let's see how they taste??!!

I've seen quite a few people on here taking about them and saying how good they are. I think to spend that much money on one they would have to be really really good!! Apparently you can use fry light in them too.
Let me know how they turn out? xx

I've got one and would not be without it, i use fry light so the chips are free but they are a bit nicer with oil. Lovely roast potatoes too. X

Ooohh do let me know how they turn out, i've seen a few people talk about how good they are. Am considering buying one myself :D X

Let me know too please! I really want one but would have to prove to OH that I'd use it as lots of gadgets end up in the back of the cupboard in my kitchen... especially as this one is so expensive!

I use this all the time with fry light for syn free chips. My hubby likes to have them with fry light also because he doesn't feel so guilty having chips then. I like to cook them really well.

As previously mentioned I cook my roast potatoes with fry light in the acti fry also. Ok not as nice as real roasties but at least I can still have them with my roast dinner and not feel guilty

Have you seen the Philips Airfryer too? same idea.....but looks AWESOME!!! (matches my kitchen much better than a white machine too!!!)

I just cant be bothered to part with £200!!!

Isn't the family one same size just black? I've have 3 and loved them all and will never be without one

drum rolllllllllllllllllllllll......they were lovely,, I used 500g of spuds, which once shared with children, was about half a saucer full of chips(for me),, so only 1/2tsp oil,, they were lovely,, only took 26 mins to cook start to finish,, and came with lovely recipe book that could be easily made sw friendly,,, it isnt the same as the black one,, it is a newer larger 1.5kg capacity one, with safety cut off etc,,, really happy with it!:D

Oo sound quicker 2, only me and bf so don't need big one yet, thanks for review tho

Oooohh sounds nice then - Now if only i can convince my parents that i really really want one and i will use it lol :p

drum rolllllllllllllllllllllll......they were lovely,, I used 500g of spuds, which once shared with children, was about half a saucer full of chips(for me),, so only 1/2tsp oil,, they were lovely,, only took 26 mins to cook start to finish,, and came with lovely recipe book that could be easily made sw friendly,,, it isnt the same as the black one,, it is a newer larger 1.5kg capacity one, with safety cut off etc,,, really happy with it!:D

:D
Oooh fab. I made SW Chips tonight but just can't get them quite right (certainly nothing like any pictures in the recipe books!!) and the OH left most of them :( so am definately thinking of investing.
Thanks for letting us know how you got on. xx

Have you seen the Philips Airfryer too? same idea.....but looks AWESOME!!! (matches my kitchen much better than a white machine too!!!)

I just cant be bothered to part with £200!!!

there's a competition on the SW website to win one, all you have to do is submit an entry, which is your name and e-mail ( once logged in ) and you can provide a phone number too if you want to find out you won faster.. :)

there's a competition on the SW website to win one, all you have to do is submit an entry, which is your name and e-mail ( once logged in ) and you can provide a phone number too if you want to find out you won faster.. :)

Wow thanks.....off to the SW website I go!!!

I've had a good search and can't find it....sorry to be a pain, do you have a link? Thanks xx

I've just logged onto the SW website and there was a picture of the airfryer on the page that you click on to enter the comp. It's open until 28th Feb (Monday).

Could any one post a pic of Actifry chips? I'm tempted to get one but would like a nose at how they turn out first.

We have the normal actifry and use it lots, using both oil and frylight. :D

Back