Tell me I dont want it!!!!

I thought Delleh had her tongue in cheek with the opening post. No offence Delleh, but I thought you were having a laugh :)

I used to work with a woman who would eat all her kids' leftovers. She discovered that by skooshing Fairy Liquid on their plates the minute they were finished, she would not eat up all their leftovers. She was a very strong character, but by doing this she saved a lot of time having internal dialogue with herslef. The meal was finished and ruined. End of. She lost lots of weight.

Me too, (re Delleh being tongue in cheek) but it was some of the responses that started to make me think more about it.

I am, in all seriousness not criticising anyone for doing this - what I am asking is asked out of genuine concern - we give ourselves such mixed messages about food that it is no wonder that we lose control from time to time and take these extreme measures - but I also think too much control can be a bad thing - we need to be able to cut loose once in a while but without having this overhanging guilt complex afterwards. To simply be able to enjoy the simple pleasure of enjoying something, on occasion.

Ok, so this woman you mention was cutting a lot of internal dialogue out with herself by doing this - but she was also missing out on a valuable opportunity to teach herself something positive - by passing the responsibility of the control over to the fairy liquid, she wasnt reinforcing her own positive conduct in choosing not to scoff the leftovers.

I think that there would be very few of us who visit this board that could hand on heart say we didnt have issues with food in some capacity. SW can be such an empowering plan though, I feel it is a shame that the messages we should be getting are being perhaps bypassed or ignored from time to time because those issues are not also being addressed.

I may be opening a can of worms really here with these posts - but in tackling our weight, which is ultimately symptomatic of other deeper issues, surely the best way to do that is to look at the root of the problem - "bring your head in and the rest will follow" is a vitally important part of these efforts we make.

I agree that if I did not have a problem with food, I would not be here in Minimins.

However, this thread is about a 4 day old, possibly stale, chocolate muffin. This food may not damage the OP's healthy eating plan or do her any harm, but nutritionally, will it do her any good? Nah. I believe she is off to the shops to buy pineapple so the thread was a success.

Perhaps there are deeper psychological issues here. Perhaps the opening poster was raised in abject poverty or during rationing and need reassurance to bin precious food. TBH, I don't think so. I still think it was started as a light-hearted thread.

I already agreed with you that it was originally a light hearted thread and said that it was some of the responses that caused me to think about this in more detail.

I just think that perhaps we dont pay enough attention to this aspect of our journey and that maybe if we did challenge our thinking a little more often then we would succeed more often in our goals and not find things quite such a struggle as we do.

OH dear what have I started!!!

It was more of a tongue in cheek, I actually went to the office to do some work and then to asda instead. :eek:)

I'm now just eating beef cassorole.

And to the person who mention a hubby! I dont have one *sob* lol

And I have loads of pineapple. Mmmm Yummy! I love asda 5 for £1.50 on the kiddie pineapple stuff x

I used to work with a woman who would eat all her kids' leftovers. She discovered that by skooshing Fairy Liquid on their plates the minute they were finished,

i dont get the chance my kids plates are always empty lol and unlike me they are not overweight they cant get enough salad and fruit my shopping bill is horrendous lol id have chucked it out to the birds but then again my dog would have probably run after it and the vets already but him on a diet lol

Back