Telling others your on the Cambridge diet!

Committed

Hello everyone

I have just started the Cambridge diet and have told my close friends and family, however I really don't like the thought of telling people at work. I mean I've just started a new job and they can obviously see that I am overweight, however I think I will find it hard telling people about the diet as it's such an extreme one that people just jump to conclusions about plus it's letting my insecurities show.

Has anybody else felt like this? What are you doing about it? Is anyone hiding it?

Let me know :)

The only person that know's is my mother, I have just been telling people that I am just "eating healthy" if they should ask or comment on my weight loss....my reasoning for this is because I know people will be quick to judge and I have been keeping my distance from company and social life because I want it to be more a surprise when people see me looking so different :D xx

I'm telling anyone who will listen ha ha
My workmates, fiends, family and partner are rather great :)

I've not told anyone that I'm on the diet apart from my mum!! can just imagine the comments about it from the boys in the pub or anyone else for that matter,

apart from anything else it stops ppl from saying have you lost weight when theyre only saying it because they know your on a diet!! This way I know if anyone comments its because they will actually be seeing a difference in me :) strange way of thinking I know but that's my logic lol ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

What plan you on, if it ss+ then you could take a chicken salad in and nobody would no your on this diet.
when you mention Cambridge diet you will get a lot of negativity , because they don't really know how it works.

And agree with lots.to.lose, if they don't know your on a diet and they do moment you lost wight then you know they mean it. :)

Everyone who has a need to know, knows. I am an auxillary nurse so my staff nurses know and a small number of work collegues because I refuse to have to go somewhere 'private' to have my shake or bar. They have voiced concerns but I tell them I feel fine and its my choice and tgey have backed off :). My parents and family are supportive too so im lucky x

Only my mum and OH knows, some friends know i'm on a diet but they don't know it's CWP x

I tell everyone because I love it so much but think I didn't to begin with just when people started commenting x

i started a thread on this before, very similar views as its the people commenting that i hate, people who dont understand the diet always have something to say and although I couldnt care less what others think of my choice, i find it frustrating to have to listen to their narrow views! i only tell people that i'm comfortable with knowing, luckily i dont go out a lot any more as since starting the diet i've come up with excuses to not go so there's a lot of people who i can avoid telling!

a few people have been great tho and my OH's sister wants to start the diet herself so its nice when others actually see the benefits and are encouraging your weight loss rather than criticising the method

I had some criticism today from a couple of work colleagues. Snide comments such as 'why will happen when you get to target weight' will you put it all back on
'4 liters of water per day' that's not good for you, you will drown yourself

I just rolled my eyes!!

eleda said:
I had some criticism today from a couple of work colleagues. Snide comments such as 'why will happen when you get to target weight' will you put it all back on

I just rolled my eyes!!

Apologies for the spelling mistakes. Fat fingers on the iPhone!!! He he

I just rolled my eyes!!
I got the water thing today!!! ERM OK. Says the guy trying to lose weight by eating a sandwich for breakfast ????????????

Only person who know I'm on it isOH and 1 person at work for all same reasons it will be "another diet howling will u stick to it this time, I have my soup in work soon no one knows any different just hope the results will be visible for all to see soon as long as I am happy with my decision I don't care what others think they don't have to live in my body and feel like I do :)

see thats exactly what i hate, the snide commenting! how would they know that i'll put it back on after i finished?? i find comments like that quite hurtful and cant believe the nerve of some people who actually think they have the right to say it! i'd rather keep CD to myself and avoid telling the 'know-it-alls' :rolleyes:

I've had snide comments but have to say before I started I would have been the same as they are. Without knowing about the plan it is hard to understand it. The comments just make me more determined :)

Igets lots of people saying its not right having no food just eat a little bit , i just let them have there say now ,i know its working and most of the time its people that dont have a weight problem xx

parislouise said:
Igets lots of people saying its not right having no food just eat a little bit , i just let them have there say now ,i know its working and most of the time its people that dont have a weight problem xx

Believe it or not i got the comments from overweight people. I only have 3 stone to lose (make that one and a half now) whereas they are bigger and probably could do with a good 5 stone off
Meowwwwwww

At first when people at work or friends had negative things to say about it i got upset but then i just cud not care less they can see how happy i am becomming so now they have all changed thier ways even a very horrible girl at work who was so nasty from day 1 putting me down teasing me with food has even said you are looking great and seems to have shut up although she does from time to time say if i say go on have it encouraging me to eat i just ignore it BUT the other day my housemtes had a frend over they told her im doing CD and how well im doing and this snooty stick insect who i had never even met had nasty comments how unhealthy it is how i will put it all back on when i eat and bla bla bla i swear you cud see smoke flying out my ears!!! I have learned to deal with people i know commenting but when a total stranger does it infuriates me!! At the end of the day its our bodies our lives our choice if others cant accept it then they can just bugger off as far as im concerned cos the peopel who matter took time to learn and understand how this diet works =D

I have told everyone, I do get comments like "it's not healthy" or "you don't need to lose weight!" to be honest half of the people in my office don't really care and probably laugh at me. But I refuse to hide the fact I am on a VLCD whatever they think, I'm doing this for me plus I'll be on it for a few months so people would have found out. The way I see it is that I will be the only one laughing at the end lol xx

I must mix in really shallow circle as everyone I've told thinks it's perfectly ok :)!

Back