*** temptation- busting thursday daily thread***

5410_103114850955_510635955_2029640_488476_n.jpg

This photo was taken right after I had it done, it looks alot nicer now its healed and you can see the shading properly. Its kinda swollen too, so it looks like some of the lines are blurred, but thats all sorted now too. I love my tattoo- just need a skinny bod so I can show it off in the summer! :p

MM no I'd keep it just black. I'm personally not a fan of the colour ones on me just because they fade and need touching up. But that's just on me personally.

Lisa that's really nice, I like it! I found it difficult to picture it, but it's really lovely.

Oh, I was meaning to add-

My best friend miscarried a year ago too, she was quite far gone and shes had a really tough time since (breakdown of relationship, depression...) Shes on the road to recovery now, and got a tattoo of a little heart with what would have been the babies due date done, its small and discreet but such a beautiful tribute. I think your sister should get it done if she wants to, I doubt she will regret a thing like that, but then again I guess its not a decision she should take lightly.

Exactly, I don't think something with such meaning you forget. It was a really traumatic experience, there was lots of we're sorry but you've miscarried, oh actually no you haven't you're still pregnant, no you have miscarried, actually we think you're still pregnant. It was a month of it before they finally said, it's definite, she'd miscarried. The baby would have been born around Christmas, so it was a really hard time for her, so I think it's just a bit of closure in a way, if that makes sense, so the baby will always be a part of her. I can't remember where she wanted it, but it was somewhere discreet, so I don't think she'll regret it. She can be extremely impulsive though, so I do understand my parents concerns.

i havent decided what i'd get, apart from the kids names one i have i dont really have any which mean anything to me, mind you the red rose i have at the bottom of back is kinda because im from lancashire, being the red rose county but the butterfly one i got last year was mainly cos it was a bit different and it struck me when i went in to the tattoists and a butterfly was my first tat
heres a pic of last years, i was a bit sunburnt too lol

P1000176.jpg

I really like it, it's pretty :)

I've realised it's 4.30 and I've not had any of my shakes at all yet today, I leave for work in an hour! So I'm not sure how I'll fit them all in, but I'll try =/

I've realised it's 4.30 and I've not had any of my shakes at all yet today, I leave for work in an hour!
You must have been very busy bunny today!! Good luck with your first day in a new place x

Yup has been fairly busy, and just not a hungry day I guess. I discovered this morning that my two female geckos aren't two female geckos at all, but one female and one male, so had to seperate them. So have been devising a way of splitting their home into two sections, and then doing it, took a while!

lol
oh, i bet they've been having fun.
hopefully you won't hear the patter of tiny gecko feet any time soon.
how cute would they be?
I've got to go and search the interweb for pics of baby geckos. anything not to do any work.
Lx

They would be extremely cute, but the girl is too young at the moment, so while she would be able to get pregnant soon, it would really damage her health, apparently anyway. So I might try for baby geckos at the end of the summer :)

I want one of these geckos...

101_5405.jpg

102_0138.jpg

They're so cute!

afternoon all

well ive spent today sorting my computer. im funny about others using the computer and accessing my info so i have my section and another bit for guests to use. am soooo glad i do that now, hes been using internet explorer insted of firefox and picked up a few viruses ( thou oddly all that happened was kept getting pages opening to ask you to purchase vista antivirus ( after warning that ur bank details and credit card numbers were being hacked ) so insted ive had to delete the guest account, run all my anti virus and spyware programs to make sure computer was clean and then set everything up again
all done now with firefox firmly set up as default browser and all links to internet explore deleted or hidden away

have had a shake and a half so far today with 3 litres of water swimming in my stomach, not feeling hungry in the slightest :)

oh anyone know how to get rid of the smell of vomit?
all her bedding has been washed, window wide open all day, matress sponged down and sprayed with febreeze as have the carpet ( no sick on it ) and the curtains ( ditto ) and yet the house still smells even with air freshners and burning incense and those sented oil things

Hi all,

I have been running around like a blue arsed fly the last couple of days.

Me and hubby have found a bigger house with a garden and we're smitten!

The landlord is looking on it as a long term investment. So me and hubby are going to rent it for 2-3 years and save like hell and look to buying it once our credit rating has had time to rest from previous mortgage and debt.

Since it's only been on the market 2 weeks and right by the nursery/primary my son attends, it's perfect!

But because we don't want to risk loosing it, we have to put down the £600 deposit tomorrow and pay rent on this house.

BUT my current landlord has broken the news I need to give 2 months notice. So official move in date wont be until 1st of April. But does mean I'm going to be paying £1235 in rent and council tax for two months, which is my wage gone in seconds! Thankfully, I should get my deposit back on this house in april though!

Going to be a struggle n a half!

have you checked your current contract to be sure you have to give 2 months notice? usually the andlord has to give you 2 months notice to quit but you only give 1 month if you want to terminate the contract

afternoon all

oh anyone know how to get rid of the smell of vomit?
all her bedding has been washed, window wide open all day, matress sponged down and sprayed with febreeze as have the carpet ( no sick on it ) and the curtains ( ditto ) and yet the house still smells even with air freshners and burning incense and those sented oil things

When i had my niece on my own for 6 months i was constantly trying to get rid of the smell of sick. The only thing i found to work was sterelizing fluid (same stuff you use for their bottles) Worked a treat and then used the avon linen spray once i put the cover back on . . . She seemed to like the smell of it too :)

How exciting Numnums, bet you can't wait to get in there! The sale on our house completed on Monday but we hadn't found anywhere we liked before the contracts needed to be signed so we're staying temporarily at my parents. Its been quite lucky really, they have two houses at the minute as they have been renovating one which they moved into last week, so we moved into this house on Monday and we have it all to ourselves.

Since signing the contract on our house, we have also found our dream house- close to the girls school, good price, fantastic gardens and a garage so I don't have to put up with h2b's decks and DJ equipment in the house anymore! The funds from the sale of our house are in the bank, a mortgage is in place and we put an offer in today. I'm super duper excited!!

Hope you manage to sort something out with the current landlord, its stressful enough moving house without money being tight on top of that as well.

Claire, so sorry to hear of your DDs reflux problems. Have you tried bicarbonate of soda sprinkled on the mattress and vacuumed up after an hour or so? Oh, just a thought, could the vomit have soaked through to DD's actual duvet- might be worth running it through the machine in the morning. It might just be me, but I find my sense of smell goes through the roof when I'm in ketosis, so maybe that could explain why the smell is lingering for you.

I thought that too, and I'm only on a rolling contract, but it does say in the terms when I was in a 6mth lease, that I had to give 2 months notice.

I might talk to Citizens Advice tomorrow.

when i went onto a rolling contract after 6 months i was told its taken month by month so either of us only had to give one months notice thou my landlord was of the shady variety lol

Numnums, I know this stuff!!! I spent the summer working in a lettings agency so I know lettings law pretty well. That contract binds you for those 6 months, however if you're outside of that and a new contract isn't drawn up then, as Claire said, it's a rolling contract. A rolling contract is a months notice in either direction, from you as the tenant, or the landlord. If he wanted 2 months notice, then he should have renewed the contract. I'll even talk to him and explain that to him if you want if he tries to get out of it!

Oh and I had my first shift today, it went quite well. Problem is, how late the shifts finish. I didn't realise that it would be 11.30 earliest finish, 1am latest. And I'm not happy with that for two reasons. Firstly, I have to get the 11.08 bus to be able to catch the last bus I have to get after that. And secondly, I'm not really happy to be travelling home alone across Birmingham by myself at that kind of time. I'm just not. She let me go early today thankfully. I've been given two late shifts next week though, one of them I'm on with another girl so should be able to go home early, but the other it's just me, so they've said that I'll have to get a taxi or something, at my cost. A shift is only about £35, and it would be £20-25 for a taxi, so I'd be working a 6 hour shift with almost an hour travelling either side for £10-15, and they can't see the problem with that!! She's going to speak to the Manager though about giving me just day shifts in future, hopefully they will.

Hope you've all had good days, I'm off to bed, night all!

Back