***TRENDY THURSDAY DAILY THREAD***

Have a good day Caroline. You sound like your head is focussed for your lunch,so you'll be fine:) xx

Emma - Yeah hun, a heated swimming pool does help, stops you getting so stiff. But accessibility to my local isn't easy for me with kids and working. So I just have a warm bath and do exercises in there :).

Whatever works for you hun :) Perhaps you can use jacuzzi's as a treat on your day off - might be worth finding somewhere a bit further out that you can travel to and make a day of it - all Mummy's need TLC too ;)

Hugs x x x

TrimT muscle doesn't technically weigh more than fat, it's just more dense, so takes up less volume, so lots of people think muscle weighs more than fat. I've said it many times as it's a simple way of explaining it and I always get told off for it! I think I've seen KD and Laura Croft say about this as well. The thing is, when you're on CD you're running on a calorie deficit so you won't be gaining or building muscle, there's just not enough calories and protein in your diet for it. BUT you will be toning muscle which is more what you want at the moment anyway. So you won't be gaining loads of muscle weight as you can't build it up, but after exercise you can retain some water which may give you a gain or STS on the scales, or in your case a small loss, but that isn't necessarily correct and could be a bit misleading as you've got a bit of water weight to go. I don't know just how much you're exercising, but if you find that your losses are often effected, try cutting it down a bit. With the cardio putting in a mix of resistance training (weights) might help you too. With resistance training though, don't feel you have to go for big heavy weights, you don't! You're better off using lighter weights and doing more repetitions. I don't know what equipment you've got at your gym but I'm sure if you ask they'll point out which machines tone which areas, there's sometimes a book in the gym hall too. You may already know all this, so if you did I apologise if it came across as patronising or anything, obviously isn't my intention! Just never know what knowledge people have.

Oh and torso twists are pretty good for toning that area too!

Don't you just wish you could pinpoint the areas you burn fat from though, everyone's love handles would be gone pretty sharpish!

TrimT muscle doesn't technically weigh more than fat, it's just more dense, so takes up less volume, so lots of people think muscle weighs more than fat. I've said it many times as it's a simple way of explaining it and I always get told off for it! I think I've seen KD and Laura Croft say about this as well. The thing is, when you're on CD you're running on a calorie deficit so you won't be gaining or building muscle, there's just not enough calories and protein in your diet for it. BUT you will be toning muscle which is more what you want at the moment anyway. So you won't be gaining loads of muscle weight as you can't build it up, but after exercise you can retain some water which may give you a gain or STS on the scales, or in your case a small loss, but that isn't necessarily correct and could be a bit misleading as you've got a bit of water weight to go. I don't know just how much you're exercising, but if you find that your losses are often effected, try cutting it down a bit. With the cardio putting in a mix of resistance training (weights) might help you too. With resistance training though, don't feel you have to go for big heavy weights, you don't! You're better off using lighter weights and doing more repetitions. I don't know what equipment you've got at your gym but I'm sure if you ask they'll point out which machines tone which areas, there's sometimes a book in the gym hall too. You may already know all this, so if you did I apologise if it came across as patronising or anything, obviously isn't my intention! Just never know what knowledge people have.

Oh and torso twists are pretty good for toning that area too!

WikiAnswers - Does fat weigh more than muscle ;)

Good afternoon ladies!!

I'm still in bed...the joys of being a student! Although being a masters student I really should have been up and doing that pile of reading staring at me from my desk, ooopsie :p I would love to tell you all that I'll be having a fun day but I've got college from 4pm til 8pm.

I'll be meeting my CDC today to get rid of the squishy bars, talk about disgusting!! I'll peanut my way through Cambridge instead (with the porridge and shakes as well of course).

Hope everyone has a trendy Thursday!! x

Good afternoon ladies!!

I'm still in bed...the joys of being a student! Although being a masters student I really should have been up and doing that pile of reading staring at me from my desk, ooopsie :p I would love to tell you all that I'll be having a fun day but I've got college from 4pm til 8pm.

I'll be meeting my CDC today to get rid of the squishy bars, talk about disgusting!! I'll peanut my way through Cambridge instead (with the porridge and shakes as well of course).

Hope everyone has a trendy Thursday!! x

Ooh I love the squishy ones, in the freezer though so I can chew for ages! My faves are chocolate, malt toffee and orange. Love both the crunch bars, cranberry is def my fave though - the peanut bars make me fart :ashamed0005: LMAO :8855:

Having a great day so far, 1 shake & 1 soup down, plenty of water too.

However i am sooooo craving the chilli peanuts in the cupboard, i'm determined i'm not gonna eat them, that's why i'm writing it down. Hopefully by the time i get back from my son's assembly the desire to munch the whole bag will be gone (fingers crossed).

No exercise today, having a day off due to the aches from yesterday, get back to it after work tomorrow though.

I'm off to pretty myself up for the school, can't embarrass the son now can i?? lol

I will check in later......having NOT blipped.

T xxx

afternoon all
have a bit of a busy day today, had WI this morning, another 5lbs down in 2 weeks :D not bad considering ive not been well for a week and taking meds n stuff only 1 inch loss tho but i know i wont really lose any more from my hips as theres nowt left there to lose.
Been at work, got home finished off my brekkie bar and going to have a shake when ive watched doctors then gotta pick son up from school at 4 as he has after school club then come home make tea for everyone then son is off to youth club tonite from 7-9
feeling bit better throat wise so at least thats something

hope everyone is having a good day :D

Pound for pound muscle and fat weigh the same, a pound is a pound whatever way you look at it. In terms of volume though it's different, muscle is denser than fat, therefore giving the illusion of being heavier, but if you condensed fat, it would be the same. But either way, the point that I was making is that on CD you would not be gaining muscle, it's just physically not possible. Not that I'm writing it all off, I'm not, at all, it'll help tone which is definitely a good thing! But to actually be gaining muscle you need a lot more calories and to not be in a deficit like you are on CD. You need a lot more protein than you get on CD. CD gives you enough protein to protect the lean muscle you have now, not build more.

The thing about cardio is that you're burning a lot of calories, but on CD you're not taking in that many, so you can actually be reducing your metabolism if you're doing too much as you're burning a lot and taking in very little. That leads to great chance of water retention. Exercise is a great way to get slimmer and fitter through toning up.

Last edited:
Good evening all

Thank goodness for this site! I have not had a pleasant work day and could have so easily cheated. Luckily, the kiosk at the nearest tube station (on my way home) was shut and that gave me sufficient time to gather my thoughts.
I decided that gaining weight was not the answer to difficulties that arise, there will always be challenging people and situations.
So, it looks as if I have survived another day x

PS. Decided to cancel my plans to go out this evening - sometimes its best to be well away from any temptations - I feel much better now, wrapped up warm in front of the TV, with 2 foodpacks still to have. Ah, bliss!

Last edited:
That article isn't saying that muscle weighs more than fat, it's just saying that muscle is more dense. 1 lb of fat = 1 lb of muscle.

If you had a bucket of fat, and a bucket of muscle, the bucket of muscle would be heavier because you could fit more muscle in there.

Yep :)

It's the old "what weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of bricks?" They both weigh a pound.

But, a pound of muscle is smaller than a pound of fat, so since we can't gain muscle, we can only lose fat.

BTW ;) this is the reason why you can't 'tone' muscle either whilst on this diet or any weight reduction diet. You can only lose fat. Toning is defined by losing fat and gaining muscle.

In at last and trying to catch up with posts - been a long long day, got in from work around 5ish and then had to take my sister for a hospital appt, love that they do xrays and mri's in the evenings now too, really good that they fit around peoples lifestyles.

Had a gorgeous soak in the shower so now comfy in my jama's with my hair in a towel - snug as a bug and all that. Slathered myself in firming creams in the hope that they work miracles overnight... well you never know your luck ;)

Right - best go do something with this head of mine....

evening girls, well looks like ive picked up a stomach bug.
hes not feeling great either thou ive spent the vast majority of the day in the bathroom.
mouths real dry but cant hold down water yet but hey one day wont kill me....... will it?

Back