Temptation!

P-O-P, I think that's why I haven't set a finish date this time. I'm going to finish when I feel happy with myself and feel ready to refeed. Don't know when that will be and I'm not bothered about it either.

P-O-P, I think that's why I haven't set a finish date this time. I'm going to finish when I feel happy with myself and feel ready to refeed. Don't know when that will be and I'm not bothered about it either.

Again, that's a good attitude. Im struggling because this is the first time Ive set a goal date on a VLCD and I dont think Ive done the right thing because part of me is getting obsessed about whether Im going to be at a weight Im happy with at certain events I have coming up. Its silly, first time around I was just delighted I was losing the weight at all!

It's funny but this being my second time on LT feels quite different to me too. The first time everything about the weight loss was so exciting, this time it's as if I've got the attitude of "oh well, let's see what happens this time". I have no excitement for the diet this time. Strange really cos I know how good the results are from doing this. I think really I'm just gutted that I had to return a second time to it. Oh well, I've learned some valuable lessons and don't intend to have to come back on it again.

Do you have to set a goal date then? Would it not just be best to take that date out of your mind and see how you feel after each week's weigh in? Like you said, it does put a lot of pressure on you.

Yeah, the goal date is because I want to start trying for a baby from August, so I dont want to be TFR then. But also because I have never ever EVER reached goal on a VLCD. CD made me stop as soon as my BMI went under 25 and I received no support for refeeding or maintainance. Luckily, I maintained for 9 months. I guiltily admit LT the second time was a quick 5 week fix before my wedding and I fully intended to go back onto it but then I had a really bad time and all thoughts of dieting went out the window hence 17 months later and Ive put all my original weight back on and on my third attempt at VLCD. I kind of thought, if I dont get to goal this time, I'll never get there. That upsets me.

Ive already thought I might see how low I can get to from mid-Aug and then swap to Slimming World with my mum so at least Im 'eating' whilst TTC. Obviously, if I am blessed and get preggy then I will be putting weight on though Im fully intend to follow a pregnancy-friendly diet so I dont gain excess weight, just healthy weight for my baby and then return to VLCD once Ive had the baby and recovered. Perhaps I can get to my goal then?

You're right Bev, Im going to stop putting 'goal date and goal weight pressure' on myself. Its going to happen for me and I cant control how quickly, Im doing the best I can after all!

I had minimal excitement too initially on this...my 3rd attempt *sigh* But after 4 weeks Im getting the old fire back, maybe after 4 weeks you'll feel it too.

We've got a similar amount of weight to lose too hun, so we can definately do it! Woo!

Laura x

Back